Men getting pedicures and nails polished at beauty salons....

fanovheels

I love a guy that gets pedicures. Guys that have clean, neat feet are sexy.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

This thread makes me want to try a professional pedicure sometime soon. I have only recently started putting more effort into taking better care of my feet. I do a self pedicure currently and then put clear polish on my toes (and even occasionally put it on my fingers too). It is really nice to have feet that look well cared for. Though I'm sure I am missing out on a lot by not getting it done by a pro and I am sure they would look even that much nicer.

I had nails done here in holland 2 months back. It was for a 4 day party weekend in germany, and since i had nails before, i wanted them again for the weekend. I soon found it was a major PITA to find a salon who wants to do them on a man. They where all suddenly booked full. (yeah right) So what i did was go onto a dutch internet discussion forum about nails, and put the question up there. Finally found someone who was really thrilled to put on some acrylics on a dude. Went there (long drive) with me gf. She was still practicing, hence the result, but i was overall please with them. I had so many women inspecting them and giving a lot of positive feedback. I wear them in male mode. Pictures is a bit green, but the nails where bright white with pink. I loved them, and me sheila was jealous :)

post-1737-133522915926_thumb.jpeg

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are male, do you get this done?

Greetings fanovheels :-)

Never had any problems going to the salon for a pedicure and manicure.

(I get clear polish on my fingers and French pedicure on my toes)

No strange looks from female customers. Saw only two men since I go there.

All girls are very friendly and always looks at my feet and hands to see the result.

At first, it was hard to find a girl who speak French

(They all speak Vietnamese and some English with a strong accent)

Finally found one who speak French. I always ask for her to get my nails done.

What a nice and relaxing experience it is (I like the feet massage)

My feet and hands look much better and cleaner now !

I recommend it to anyone !

I had so many women inspecting them and giving a lot of positive feedback. I wear them in male mode

Greetings Chantal :-)

A nice French manicure you got there on your fingers !

For me a French pedi is OK for my feet but would be a little bit "too much" for my hands

But I admit I am curious to see how it would feel like to have long finger nails

Maybe I will try one day (A good occasion to try would be Halloween: No question asked...)

I guess it must be quite different to grab objects and type on your keyboard ?

You said you wear them in male mode. Did you get any negative comments ?

• 2 months later...

Glad you like it Karen! I go to the same salon once or twice a month for a mani and pedi....I usually ask for clear on my fingernails and either high gloss red or french on the toenails. It's a nice relaxing experience and I have only gotten a few strange looks from clients and nothing but acceptance from the asian nail techs who now know me by name.

• 3 months later...

Never really gave this much thought until recently. One of my girls wanted a pedi before Prom, but she had to go to her grandma's to have one since there are no salon's in the local area that do them. We had an Asian nail place in a shopping mall nearby, but they went out of business this last summer, so she will be going back to grandma's since they still have salon's that do this. As for me - - Oh hell no. A Pedi would be nice, but a Mani is strictly out of the question. I carry a pointy pocket knife so I can clean the grease and grime out from under my fingernails, and we use WD-40 as hand cleaner before we hit the LAVA/Borax hand cleaners. Still can't get all the grease from the cracks in the calluses. Funny - - - A couple years ago, I was doing the Grim Reaper for a Halloween costume. Wife didn't have black fingernail polish, so I did three coatings of Sharpie permanant marker. Lasted about two days. Nothing permanant about it.

I have gone to many salons both upscale and the quick local places with Vietnamese woman. I have never had a problem asking for polish even dressed completely in male clothes. I have had everything from french to bright red and occasionally darker colors. It is an amazing feeling and they are usually very supportive about it. Just be confident when asking and they will be happy to do it. I like to go to the same place as they have gotten to know me and expect me to get colored polish definitely worth a try much better than diy!!!

• 1 month later...
The first time I went to a salon the lady that did my pedicure did not notice that I had color on my toes right away. After we soaked for a while she started in and saw the polish and was a bit shocked but did not say anything. After that my visits back there were very normal. My wife and I even had very good conversations with the people that ran the salon. I have even had manicures there as well. Usually that was just a clear because of work. I do my own when I have color; lately I have been doing French with various colors. Just polished my toes purple and will use the same color on my fingers in a French style.

• 2 months later...

Men are more and more constrained by an ever-narrowing definition of ideal malehood. In the future, young boys will only wear black and only be mixed-martial-arts fighters; anything else will be considered too feminine.

I hope things start to loosen up as far as restrictions of what men can wear and how they groom themselves.

Because if the restrictions get tighter we are probably going to see more men taking estrogen and going femme 24/7, including myself.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I hope things start to loosen up as far as restrictions of what men can wear and how they groom themselves.

Because if the restrictions get tighter we are probably going to see more men taking estrogen and going femme 24/7, including myself.

John

i disagree 100%

what are these "restrictions" you are talking about?

who is "restricting" men from doing anything?

not being widely accepted by many in society is very different from being somehow "restricted" from doing what you want to do

my nails arent considered "normal" for a guy by most of the general public here, and i have certainly gotten my share of looks and comments.

good for them, say what you want, because it doesnt bother me at all

secondly, for all those who have made their dumb comments, ive had many more that have complimented me and have expressed being open to more guys doing whatever they want

who cares what anybody else thinks? do whatever you want, and as long as it makes you happy, the opinion of others (good or bad) shouldnt matter at all

• 4 weeks later...

I have a standing appointment in an upscale salon every three weeks for a manicure and a pedicure. The other women in the shop always come around and talk about the latest trends in colors and see what I am going to do this time. They have even commented I have better taste in nail polish than most of them - and how my feet are softer than there's. The lady who does mine has several men she takes care of - it seems to be NO issue at all here (and this is Texas, which even surprises me).

I'm actually giving some thought to going to a salon for a French pedicure. Years ago I walked in and just got a basic pedicure with clear polish. I have no idea what the lady was saying in Spanish to the other girls, but she didn't seem to mind that a guy was getting a pedicure. She even jokingly asked if I wanted the pink polish.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually giving some thought to going to a salon for a French pedicure. Years ago I walked in and just got a basic pedicure with clear polish. I have no idea what the lady was saying in Spanish to the other girls, but she didn't seem to mind that a guy was getting a pedicure. She even jokingly asked if I wanted the pink polish.

go for it

also....when they ask if you want pink polish

either say "yes" or that you "dont care" and they will stop talking about you pretty quickly

• 2 months later...

Yea, I just want to see the full effect.. my gfs bday is coming up and she wants me to get a set of long acrylics..

sorry guys.....lost power for a few days after the hurricane and have been trying to clean up and pump out and dry out the basement since

ill try and get some pics of the new length with a new color this weekend some time so you can all see them