RC Modelling?

Like Bubba I've too many interests and not enough money, at one time I ran N scale trains and RC cars were a sideline to big 1/4 mile cars.:w00t2: Ah how I do mis the smell of nitro and burning rubber in the morning!:chuckle:

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

• 5 months later...

Im very interested in scale modelling, especially turbine powered model vehicles. Money is a big factor in the reason i dont indulge in this passion just yet though, i spend my money on my full size car!

Tell me about it, my trainer plane I have been flying today isnt cheap, and thats only a foam trainer plane "Multiplex Mentor" so if you add up the cost of reciever, 2 transmitters and the "other bits and bobs" needed, it quickly almost hits £1k to get your first plane in the air when your getting started....

Then you go see some of the models other guys are flying where they spend £1k just on the airframe alone, without anything inside it, then another £2.5k on radio gear and servo's, £700 for the engine, it add's up seriously quick.. :smile:

Had a great afternoon flying though, even managed my very first landing today too, quite successfully :)

Turbines on the other hand, now thats SERIOUS dosh, like several thousand just for an engine alone, but at least if its i a car/truck, you only have to worry about things in 2 dimensions

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I started building and flying control line and then RC airplanes back when I had a paper route. I've dabbled in just about a little of everything including ducted fan, electric, turbine and now I'm on a micro and indoor flyer kick. I'll need to get batteries for my camera charged and start taking photos again, it's been a while.

I was into building RC things years ago but had to give up. Crashing them is just too expensive. I then went into boats and graduated into "O" guage trains, mostly Lionel, which I have been doing now for some 68 years. I keep up all of the repairs on the Lionel equipment down at the Science Center where I work. I am also into antique cars and modern musclecars. My daily car is a 2009 Chevrolet Impala SS and very fast. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!