Boot lining repairs

chrisr

I recently acquired a pair of knee high, pull-on leather boots via Ebay. I checked them over when I received them (a few weeks ago), but now, having come to wear them, I’ve discovered the lining of one is torn, down near the foot, and it makes the boot impossible to get on. The lining rucks up and stops my foot going into the boot properly. (People who don’t reveal defects when selling on Ebay really annoy me – they must have known about this).

They are a nice pair of boots apart from that and I’d like to keep them. So, does anyone know if it would be possible to get the lining repaired/replaced? If so, how and where? I’m in the UK, btw.

Myself, I can’t see how it can be repaired in situ, but tradesmen often have ingenious problem-solving tricks up their sleeves.

ChrisR

Most linnings are put into the uppers before the soles & heels etc are put onto them. Its a case of reversing the process to either replace or repair them, it can be done but its VERY costly because its quite involved getting them appart (The manufacturers make them NOT to come appart!) & very time consuming! it can take 3 or 4 hours to do just one boot! coupled with postage it makes it beyond the value of most footwear. Because its so involved & time consuming few repairers can do the work & those that can, Charge premium prices. I can do this Mail order if you did want them done!:chuckle:

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Thanks, shoerepairer, I think you've confirmed what I was thinking :-(

The damage is right at the bottom, and it's quite a mess, not a simple repair, I don't think, so I'm sure the whole boot would need disassembling to repair it.

As they cost me 50UKP, probably not worth the repair cost. I'll just have to hope I see similar again on Ebay.

And I think a complaint to Ebay/Paypal is my next step...

If you like the boots that much, why just cut out the damaged part of the lining and wear the boots without the lining?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That is a possibility to consider. But because the lining no longer reaches it the heel 'cup' has also been damaged and it is all scrunched up and crushed. I can't get my foot in the boot properly because of this. As shoerepairer says, I think a proper repair would mean disassembly.