heels for christmas

jamie1608

I also have 2 pairs of boots I got my eye on from next. Which I might have to order in at xmas time.

http://content.next.co.uk/co-uk/items/X44/1024search/302/485-734-X44s.jpg or this 1

http://content.next.co.uk/co-uk/items/X44/1024search/290/479-310-X44s.jpg

Those are lovely boots. I hope you decide to buy them and enjoy them.

i have looked to see what sizes they do to see if i can get a pair.

What is a uk size 8/9 as all they list are contenintal sizes.

As I remember ...

EU 39 = UK 5.75

EU 40 = UK 6.75

EU 41 = UK 7.5

EU 42 = UK 8.25

EU 43 = UK 9.25

In other words, when EU 42 is touted as UK 9, you might be lucky if the sizes run large, but generally UK 9 needs EU 43.

BTW US womens are UK size plus 2. US mens are the same as UK size.

Xa

In other words, when EU 42 is touted as UK 9, you might be lucky if the sizes run large, but generally UK 9 needs EU 43.

BTW US womens are UK size plus 2. US mens are the same as UK size.

I concede to Xa's greater experience but I've found a one size difference between UK and US mens. Hence UK9 = US mens 10.

I certainly agree over the confusion in the size 9 area. I've alsways thought of UK9=EU43 so it's confusing to see some shoes labelled as UK8/EU42. As always, the only way you'll really know is to try them on.

Size of heels may vary as to the shape and width of the toebox, the height of heel, the curvature of the arch support, and/or the texture of the upper material. There may be differences in sizing from one source. If your are buying Chinese or Australian heels, their conversions are also different. There have been times I have gone to shoe stores and tried on similar footwear of the styles I could only buy on-line. Luckily, I have had fairly good success in finding what I needed for most of my purchases. Now I have figured out my basic size in all conversion tables for certain heel styles. From this understanding, I can generally tell which size I should order for the best fit. This isn't a perfect system, but it works for me, at least most of the time.

I concede to Xa's greater experience but I've found a one size difference between UK and US mens. Hence UK9 = US mens 10.

QUOTE]

.... yes, I could go with that. Sizing is not absolutely repeatable, especially in women's shoes.

For example, my twinkletoes fit in anything from a square-toed EU 38 to a narrow pointy EU 40, but when I used to buy guy's shoes, it was always UK size 6.

Xa

If you look at the box for a pair of men's trainers or other 'international' shoes, it is usually marked with a whole list of sizes. The ones I have noted (no, I'm not a trainspotter - not nowadays :chuckle:) usually show the US men's size as being a half or a full size greater than the UK, which accords with my experience, e.g. UK11 = US11.5 = Eu45. But, as we all find out the hard way in real life, actual size may be everything but consistent numbering ain't and requires empirical attention.

For example, my twinkletoes fit in anything from a square-toed EU 38 to a narrow pointy EU 40, but when I used to buy guy's shoes, it was always UK size 6.

Xa

Talking about buying guy's shoes in the past tense - how cool is that!:chuckle:

I would love to be able to do that!

Congrats Xaphod.

Spiker.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're wanting to buy a corset I would give this link a try. All their corsets are made to measure and will be so much more satisfying than an off the rack corset.

http://www.desertorchidcorsets.co.uk/

If you want an off the rack corset and are male I would recommend a Vollers V1891. They are long line and really good quality. We have 2 of them.

post-9545-133522897531_thumb.jpg