Yamyam's new shoes!

Anyway, these are me-type spiky boots. There's a 4.5" (11.5cm) stiletto heel, and nice pointy toes. They're a calf-length boot too, and quite snug, so definitely a knee-highs pair. I plan to take these out on the street under long jeans next chance I get. It's a shame to hide them under trousers, tho', as I like the spiky metal pin in the top.

But I'm no way wearing shorts with them!

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338863.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338888.jpg

Hi Jankas and Yamyam,

these boots are also my favourite style. I own a similar pair of varnish boots with 11.5 cm stiletto heels:

http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/hhfc/images/BO-41783-sw3.jpg

At first I didn't dare to wear them in public because of the extreme thin feminine heels (I wrote a posting in the guy's section about my doubts).

Meanwhile I have changed my mind. Jankas, it's really a fun to wear those boots in the bright daylight in the shopping mall of my hometown (Frankfurt). Usually under tight jeans. Because I don't find flared jeans long enough for a well matching outfit - with flared jeans you HAVE to scrub the pavement! :wink:

But I have never seen any necessity to hide my heels. Why not show them frankly? Some people look a little bit irritated but I never earned any bad reaction.

Try it too! :D

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Like these, YY?

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_13ff19af18220fb599f91502f6a7cfe3/i-1.JPG

(Don't know why the pic didn't post. It worked on the court shoes I posted :wink: )

The picture worked for me! And I like those mules too. In fact, I saw them in a shop once, but they were something like forty pounds, and I was a little broke at the time. But they are awesome too. I'm thinking I'm going to end up with the boots, the courts and the mules! Wow!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Why thank you, heelsfan! I must admit that I hadn't thought about what to wear for Oxford - hmmm, there's a thought. So many shoes, so little time!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Ruud, erm, goodness! I don't think I've ever inspired anyone before! Of course, I wasn't just showing off (honest) I did want to see if I could help and encourage shyer people! I've also done the 'bought 'em for the rush' thing, and while it's a thrill, it has left me with rather a lot of pairs that I don't wear often enough. I'm going to try and have a bit of a clear out later on this year, perhaps have a sale on ebay or something. I don't think I have that many extreme heels! Most of what I showed there are around 3.5" to 4.5". I'm just lucky in having UK8ish feet, so the heels look a bit higher. But thank you for the compliments, it's always nice to know that my efforts are appreciated! And if I can make some time soon, which is not looking likely, I'll post some more photos!

• 3 weeks later...

loved the spike heeled boots, looks like u have nice legs

Thank you, JC. I've never thought that I have nice legs, but perhaps I'll post a picture of them and let you all tell me what you think. Wasn't there a nice legs competition somewhere? Perhaps I'd best enter :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well, as I promised, here are some more pictures. Sorry you've all had to wait so long, but as we've said earlier, life is a bit busier now that we have each other and the children. But we managed to take a little time out and go shoe shopping together. It's so much more fun with two, you know.

As a little aside from 'shoe news', here's what I'm wearing right now as I type:

Posted Image

I haven't worn these much recently, but they're lovely and soft, so I thought I'd wear them around the house today, and see how it went. They're lovely.

And now, the shoe news:

First up, here's some nice pale blue Kit boots that we bought from Argos Additions:

Posted Image

They're a generous size 8, and even though the toes are quite pointed, they're comfortable. They're leather, and they have a 4" stacked heel. I think they'd go well with a white shirt and pale blue jeans.

Next up, the Chelsea boots that I also got from Argos. We chose these to be work-friendly.

Posted Image

They have a 2.25" heel, and they're lovely and comfortable, even with socks on. They've got a subtle round toe, and look quite subtle. I got really brave with these, and wore them on the second day of a training course. No-one seemed to notice. The second half of the second day was a workshop, meaning I was on my feet the whole time. I wore them from 8am until 11:30pm when I got home. I noticed when I took them off, I can tell you. Oddly, they feel almost flat, so I reckon I could walk to the moon in them.

Next up, as I hinted in a different post, we went shoe-shopping at the weekend. We went to TK Maxx, and had a browse with Julietta. We found a pair of medium wedges, and I did, tho', and in keeping with the practical and subtle look, bought

Posted Image

They're branded 'dita shoes', and made in brazil. The uppers are really soft leather, and they've got a three inch wedge heel. I personally didn't think they were that high, but Julietta said that they were more. They're also nice and subtle, and again, a generous UK8, so I can wear ordinary socks with them if I want to.

Finally, here's an interesting note. Have a look at this:

Posted Image

As you can see, I've put three pairs together. In the middle are some 'boy' boots I bought from Moto a little while ago. These have a 1.5 inch heel on them, astonishingly. The Chelsea boots next to them are only three-quarters of an inch higher! So the transition from one to the other shouldn't be too noticeable. On the other side are my new lower wedges.

So I reckon that it'll be quite easy to go from the boy boots up to the Chelsea boots. I also bought a suit in TKMaxx. I need to get the trouser legs shortened, but I'm thinking about having it altered to suit heels :lol: Don't know if I'll be brave enough to wear that combo to work just yet, but it would be nice. In fact, I might try the suit on with heels, and see if the trousers need altering at all.

Hope you all like the pictures. As before, feel free to post comments, suggestions, and so on. Let me know what you think! Thanks for listening :lol:

Wow Yamyam :lol: ! I like the wedges very much. I see you wear straight jeans with them. With such a not so wide leg they fell on the boots. With the blue ones they fell over them a little. I would wear a pair of bootcut jeans as they fell over them so, you don't see much of the heel. Just my opinion

Wow Yamyam :lol: !

I like the wedges very much. I see you wear straight jeans with them.

With such a not so wide leg they fell on the boots. With the blue ones they fell over them a little. I would wear a pair of bootcut jeans as they fell over them so, you don't see much of the heel. Just my opinion

Thanks, Robert. I was wearing skinnier jeans in the photos because that's what I had on when I got around to taking the camera out. I would normally wear wider jeans if I was off out in them. I like the look of bootcut jeans over heels too, but my wider jeans were in the wash :lol:

Yamyam, Do you know if there are size 9 or 10 of wedge ankleboots or kneeboots? I'm planning to go to London in the last week of september. I will certainly take a look at Barratts and other stores. I want to take 2 cases with me, one with clothes and one empty so I can fill it with shoes and/or boots when I'm there :lol:

Do you know if there are size 9 or 10 of wedge ankleboots or kneeboots?

I'm planning to go to London in the last week of september. I will certainly take a look at Barratts and other stores.

I want to take 2 cases with me, one with clothes and one empty so I can fill it with shoes and/or boots when I'm there :lol:

Cool plan, Robert.

I have no idea what the size ranges are in the styles I've shown. They are all from UK retailers, so I guess a UK8 is probably the limit, sorry.

If you're planning on hitting London, I'd suggest that you TK Maxx and Brantano. Brantano is especially good for heels up to an astonishing UK11 or so. Please let us know how you get on.

Two things, really.

First, I'm spending a couple of days working at a site that's casual dress, so no suit for me. I decided that I'd be brave and go with the Chelsea boots. But when I arrived, I found I'd left them at home :lol: Bother. And after I'd bravely got the courage up.

On the other hand, as if I wasn't lucky enough (and believe me, I thought I was :lol: ) Julietta treated me to these J Lo *shoes*! How amazing is that?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pictures are unretouched from my Nokia cameraphone, so that's why they're a little grainy. I'll take some better ones when I've recharged my digicam batteries. Enjoy!