Yamyam's new shoes!

Thanks to the generosity of two board members, I've moved on to much higher things. I have two pairs of fantastic shoes, and so (after a little prompting) I've posted some photos to share.

I bought these from one board member, and managed to squeeze into them for long enough to take these photos:

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

They are a touch under 6" high in a size 7UK or so. I didn't think the height was a major obstacle, but they're so tight that I couldn't keep them on long.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, an especially generous person simply handed over these (although I did have to fix his laptop :wink: ):

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

These are about a 7" heel. They're the right size, but there's just no way I can do more than get my knees straight at the moment. I wore them sat at my desk this afternoon, and I haven't budged. In the end I changed them just before my feet fell off completely!

So, has my picture taking improved any? What do you all think? (Oh, and thanks to the people concerned - you know who you are!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I take my hat off to you Yam the ankle cuff shoes are practically ballets. Me thinks you have a little competition here Francis :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Well, thanks for your comments, everyone! I had some fun taking the photos, and I'm glad you all liked them. Thank heavens for the timer on my digial camera. I must admit, we nearly had a photo of me in heap on the floor at one point. I was trying to get upright from pressing the go button on the camera and almost didn't make it. And now I've figured out how to take decent photos, I may well take some more!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I take my hat off to you Yam the ankle cuff shoes are practically ballets. Me thinks you have a little competition here Francis :wink:

he wouldn't try the ballets :D but he's doing slightly better than me if he can straighten his legs!

I'm still working on mine!!

Thanks again, folks. Alex: the heels don't bend much, but the one does look a little odd in the first photo. That's probably because that was only about the second time I'd stood up in them. As for stable, I'll let you know if I ever learn to walk in them :wink: Oh, and PJ: (blush) Don't think I've ever been drooled over before :D

Thanks again, folks.

Alex: the heels don't bend much, but the one does look a little odd in the first photo. That's probably because that was only about the second time I'd stood up in them. As for stable, I'll let you know if I ever learn to walk in them :wink:

It just looks odd :D

Anyway, I hope you learn how to walk in them. I have to live vicariously through others since I'll never find them in my size :D

I wish I was a size 10

Yamyam; I also noticed the heel problem with those sandals. Because the heel is not perpendicular with the ground, be carefull about putting all of your weight on the heel. It might fold under and collapse. Maybe these shoes should be saved for "bedtime" :wink:

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

You're all correct there - wouldn't like to trash those shoes. I was being very careful standing in them, and I think I will save them for moments when I'm not going to be called on to stand up much! But it was fun taking the photos! I must do some more, next time I have an evening off :wink:

I thought I'd do some more shoe pictures, so here we go. These aren't as extreme as the previous ones, these are my street heels.

Without further ado, the shoes:

My latest buy - my extremely fake market-stall J-Lo Blahnik copies. They have a 3.5" (8.9cm) heel but always seem to feel like flat shoes. They are really comfortable, and in a size UK8 run really big, so that they're nice and comfy even with socks. They're also the only boots I own that aren't black. The stall had them in sand (which these are), green and pink, but I decided that those colours just aren't quite me.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338604.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338639.jpg

I've had these 3.5" (8.9cm) blade heels for a while now. They're a UK8, but with a big square toe, so the size runs big. Again, I can wear these with ordinary socks, so these see some use when I'm travelling. The label inside says 'logo', which is a clothes shop, but they have excellent shoes. They don't seem to have any shops in the south. The only ones I know of are Sheffield Meadowhall and Manchester. They aren't leather, but again they are comfortable to wear.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338684.jpg

This is another pair I've had quite a while. They date from my 'buy anything I can get my feet in!' period, which has left me with lots of unwearable pairs. These are again quite comfortable. They're really stiff, which combined with the 4" (10cm) block heel means that I know when I'm wearing them. They feel a bit higher than the 3.5" (8.9cm) pairs above, but they are still comfortable. I've worn these out and about when travelling with a suit, and again they look fine. I haven't worn them all that much, but I think I'll get them out again. They're more for colder days, though, as they're a mid-calf boot rather than an ankle boot. I wear them with socks, but my socks tend to slide down inside them, and I hate that!

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338712.jpg

I've had these some time too. I went thru a phase of deciding that I wanted a change from ankle boots. So I bought a few pairs of court shoes. Most of them went to Francis in exchange for my screen, but I've kept this pair. I bought them from Barratts for ten pounds in the sale. They are quite comfortable for short periods, but I've never worn them for very long. They're one of the only pairs I'd ever wear barefoot. Normally, I wear them with knee-highs, as here. I didn't think I'd ever wear them outside, but after looking at the photos, perhaps I might. Surprisingly (well, I was surprised) they're a 4.5" (11.4cm) heel, which I wasn't expecting - they don't feel that high!

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338746.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338772.jpg

OK, in a moment of weakness in a shoe shop, I bought some pixie boots. What was I thinking? Not sure, but these are real leather, from Jeff Baines in Walsall. I think they were around thirty pounds. To me, the shape of the boot looks really odd, but even in an UK8 and with a pointy toe, they are comfortable. I could wear them a lot, but I don't, as I'm never sure if pixie boots are me. Now I've lost some weight, perhaps I'll wear them some more. I don't know why the colour's gone funny in this picture - they are black. Most definitely. Oh, and they're on a 3.75" heel, which is one of the best bits. I love the shape of the heel: it's a sort of skinny hourglass shape.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338802.jpg

Another buy from Logo, this time from 'Logo for Less', which is their sale shop, somewhere off the M602 in Manchester. I had a really good shopping experience buying these, with two sales assistants helping me out. There was also a woman there with her boyfriend, who handed me a pair of knee boots, and said 'Try these, they're an 8, so they should fit you!' I smiled and thanked her, and copped an evil look from her boyfriend for it. Oh well, what the heck.

Anyway, these are me-type spiky boots. There's a 4.5" (11.5cm) stiletto heel, and nice pointy toes. They're a calf-length boot too, and quite snug, so definitely a knee-highs pair. I plan to take these out on the street under long jeans next chance I get. It's a shame to hide them under trousers, tho', as I like the spiky metal pin in the top.

But I'm no way wearing shorts with them!

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338863.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338888.jpg

And, last but not least, we have my chunky platform boots. About a 5" (12.7cm) heel and a .75" (2cm) platform. These are one of my few pairs of knee-high boots. I've been known to wear these with knee-highs and socks. When I bought them I could barely walk in them, but now I'm happily walking around the house in them. Would I wear them outside? Perhaps, but only if I was out partying with friends in a way that didn't involve much drinking. Maybe a cinema trip or something. I think they're noticeably girly, and on those heels I would be a lot taller than normal. I guess that's just part of the fun. Time to check the length of my extra-long jeans and go for it!

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338919.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338937.jpg

So, what do you all think?

Wow Yam and you said you were no good at taking pictures. Fantastic!

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Hi YamYam, the only thing I can say is congratulations for your nice collection. You found a perfect ballance between style, heel heigth and wearability for guys. Any of those are ok for streetwear so go for it and walk out proudly.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Julietta and Highluc - thanks very much! "High" praise indeed from two experts! I'm inspired to keep going, but I have a busy week ahead of me now. Still, you never know!

Nice selection there. I like the J-Lo boots to have a slightly higher heel. Who made yours? I have seen them with heels from 3 to 5 inches in various places now.

Are those platform boots by Raid by any chance?

Nice collection Yamyam! I like the boots where you can get your feet in :D (All of course but I mean the ones you spoke about them :wink: ) and the chunky platform boots. Why you may ask, I think shoes and boots with a kind of stiletto heels or other thinner heels don't suit me right. Nothing wrong said about others who like thin heels. I think you look great in them now I've seen your pictures

Great heels Yamyam, and good pictures too. My preferred pair are the knee boots you listed last. I definitely need a pair like that! Unfortunately finding a pair like that is not so easy... Where did you get them from? SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi Yamyam

I think you havg good taste.I have a pair of the ones below with the spike and not long toe.They are same healhight but the rest is lower. Haven´t worn them outside yet but I will.Dont like to destroy them while walking the dog in the forest.Is it you who takes the pictures or do you have help?They are just great.It´s hard to fix it on my own so I have to ask my wif to take som pictures to get to the forum.Keep heeling.

Jankas

Anyway, these are me-type spiky boots. There's a 4.5" (11.5cm) stiletto heel, and nice pointy toes. They're a calf-length boot too, and quite snug, so definitely a knee-highs pair. I plan to take these out on the street under long jeans next chance I get. It's a shame to hide them under trousers, tho', as I like the spiky metal pin in the top.

But I'm no way wearing shorts with them!

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338863.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1053338888.jpg

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

Wow, thanks everyone! So many questions, let's see now... Well, first, I didn't have any help with the photos, I took them myself. My digi cam has a delay option, so I use that. I prop the camera up on the top of a small flip-top bin (no, really!) so it's about three or four inches off the ground. I also found a big piece of white card and propped that up for better contrast. And I set the flash to 'auto', as I was taking them last thing at night. All I did with the basic images off the camera was shrink them to half their original size, and that's it. I thought about cropping them a bit, but I decided to leave them, so that the proportions stayed OK. I must admit, I love the calf-high spiky boots. I wore them again yesterday to drive to London. They are very comfortable, and look good under long jeans. Not sure if I was spotted in them, but I felt good in them anyway. They are one of my favourite pairs, and next time I'm out with the lads, I'll wear either these or the J Lo's, depending on what clothes I take. SQ: The knee-high ones are quite old, even though I haven't worn them often. I bought them from Barratts a couple of years ago. Actually, that trip I bought one pair from each side of the shop. I got a discount for buying two pairs, and no-one made any negative comment whatsoever. I haven't seen a similar style since, but that doesn't mean they aren't around. So no, they aren't Raid - in fact, there's no label in them at all. jo: My J-Lo boots are labelled 'BSV'. I've seen them with higher heels too. I quite like the pair I have, tho', as the slightly lower heel makes them great for wearing outside. I hadn't worn stilettos outside before these, so I was glad of the practice. I think they had some much higher ones in a shop near where I am tomorrow... may go to site early and try and find that shop again! Oh, and Akev44: I hadn't noticed that Flat Eric had sneaked in there, but you know what he's like. I decided to leave him in and see if anyone noticed.

On trying to find an english version of a flat eric site, i visited flateric.com, and got abortionismurder.org - not quite what I was after! Does anyone know of an english equivalent? SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Here's a pair to complement your J Lo Boots, YamYam

Actually, I really like those. I've also seen a pair of mules, with fronts more like the boots, but a completely cut away back. I love the basic style, and I love seeing designers play with the concept. There's a very good chance I'd buy those if I see them. Wow!

And phuonginheels, the boots are very comfortable, so I'd recommend the shoes too! I'm not really an outdoors person either, so those are as outdoors as I'd get.