Fashion vs comfort?

luiza

I,m a size 7 high heel wearer with more than 30 pairs in my closet. Do you face with such situation? If you like very much one pair of shoes (nice colour and fashionable) and they don't have your number, but they have one numer smaller do you buy them knowing that they will kill your feet? I did may times this and now, if i count well, almost half of my shoes are smaller than my size 7. If i'm in love with a certain pair of shoes, that one have to be mine, doesn't matter the fit. And i wear that pair till i see another one. Just i feel very great when people admire my 4 or 5" heels, i forgot any pain caused by them. Most of them are pointy toes with 4 or 5', which developed me painful corns but, as i told you, when i receive compliments i forgot all about the pain. In my case i prefer fashion not comfort. How about you?

Hi Luiza, In have well over 30 pairs of shoes all of which fit me. I've been wearing heels everyday for more than half of my life. I have always been very particular about them fitting properly and being made well. I enjoy wearing fashionable cutting edge designer shoes but not if they don't fit me. I do have a number of pointy shoes that I wear for certain occasions but aside from that, I'm a slave to comfort.

• 8 months later...

I would never attempt to wear something smaller then my actual shoe size. That is very painful! Wearing a size larger in the cooler weather is okay as I can layer socks/pantyhose to get the right fit. In the summertime, it has to be the right fit.

I,m a size 7 high heel wearer with more than 30 pairs in my closet.

Do you face with such situation?

If you like very much one pair of shoes (nice colour and fashionable) and they don't have your number, but they have one numer smaller do you buy them knowing that they will kill your feet?

I did may times this and now, if i count well, almost half of my shoes are smaller than my size 7. If i'm in love with a certain pair of shoes, that one have to be mine, doesn't matter the fit. And i wear that pair till i see another one. Just i feel very great when people admire my 4 or 5" heels, i forgot any pain caused by them.

Most of them are pointy toes with 4 or 5', which developed me painful corns but, as i told you, when i receive compliments i forgot all about the pain.

In my case i prefer fashion not comfort.

How about you?

I always get the shoes im my size. I dont care much for fashion as i prefer wearing what i like not what others tells me to like:D But i guess if i was into fashion i would sacrifize.

Hi Luiza,

In have well over 30 pairs of shoes all of which fit me.

I've been wearing heels everyday for more than half of my life.

I have always been very particular about them fitting properly and being made well.

I enjoy wearing fashionable cutting edge designer shoes but not if they don't fit me. I do have a number of pointy shoes that I wear for certain occasions but aside from that, I'm a slave to comfort.

Amanda pointy shoes dosent mean discomfort. Almost all my shoes are pointed and extremely comfy. If you dont get the rigth fitting shoes it wont be comfy. Ive tried on several occasions that pointy shoes that is the rigth size just dosent fit my feet. Some pointy shoes are just not made for all types of feet.

Thanks for your replies. I see that i'm the only one which accept to deal with pain for looking good. Unfortunately, i have many shoes in a smaller size and finances today are not so good to buy other shoes, so, i have no choice and i must wear them.

• Like 1

I always try to get shoes that fit, but it is a little hit and miss sometimes as different manufacturers, different styles and even different batches of the same style do tend to vary a little. In buying online I always try to remember to check the returns policy before hitting the 'checkout' button. As I've said elsewhere, I tend to try new shoes out around the house first, before wandering off for an adventure in them. So far, my policy seems to be working. If I was wearing shoes I didn't like, just because they suited someone else's notion of being 'practical' I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable! Alexa

• 2 weeks later...

The big online retailers have a good selection with prices that tend to be as good if not better then most retail stores. Obviously the problem is that you can't try on before you buy but I often find myself considering ordering online if I see a pair I really like these days ........ What is the percentage of shoes you buy online versus retail for everyone else?

I probably buy as much as 50% of my shoes online these days. A large percentage of my online purchases are made by the same trusted designers. This way you can assure that the fit and sizing is right as the will have been made on the same lasts. Sometimes if I find shoes I like while out shopping, I might try them on in the store. If the fit is good then I'll take note of them and look for a more competitive price online when I get home. .

Hi girls, well im one of those that have about 20 pairs of stilettos and in over the past 20 years of wearing almost always heels 4 and 5" my feet changed shape alot. my feet got shorter but wider whats intresting becase i have very high arches i can arch my feet and get them in shoes alot smaller than my true size 4 eu37, i will confess to wearing shoes too small even eu 35s just becase i like them but its not with out problems,ie corns and the dreaded bunions, as wrighting this im wearing eu36 5" pigallies and yes bit too small but i love them lol.Shaz

shaz

• 2 weeks later...

Leigh, how long does it take for your online shops to ship the purchase to you? I have tried several online shops. Some use express post here in Germany and some have had my purchase in my hands in one business day while I have had others take about 30 days to ship a product from Italy to Germany.