new aldo shoes on the market

trevor

has anyone bought or tried on the new aldo 51/2-6 inch hidden platform black patent pumps. they were 90.00 at the mall. im curious what the actual heel height was and the actual inches of the platform. i know they were at least 51/2 inches for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a pair of those in patent black, and im falling in love with them more and more. Beware of the almond toe shape though and the shop assistants did recommend that there would be more stretch in leather than patent, i made a post about them here.

Nice I dont blame you. I prefer the patent black ones myself to.

I'm think of getting the FRANCHETTE in black patent myself. I'm a UK size 8 normally, what size would you suggest I go for with regards to Aldo heels.

Try them on and find out...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

ace secret- i dont think those are the ledec ones i said. What is the actual heel height? the funny thing is that i found the ledec style and then every time ive gone back on line its not there. the shoe i saw at aldo was at least 51/2 inches with a bigger platform in the front than those frachette style. the ones i saw were more like the ysl style

daniel- i wasnt looking to buy them for me. these would be for the wife. aldo doesnt carry shoes like that in a size 12. i already have some 5 inch hidden platforms pumps that i bought for me from another company on line even though i would love a pair of these higher heels for me. you are right my wifes aldo atlantic city pumps are narrow.

Thanks.... but I have nowhere near the courage required for that!

Besides I don't have an Aldo store anywhere near me anyway :chuckle:

Spiker.

I agree, the first time trying shoes in a store is not an easy task.

But after you do it a few time, you will wonder why you did not do it before...

(Remember: They are only shoes after all)

About the shoes from Aldo, most of them runs small for their size (narrow).

If you want, next time I go to Aldo, I could try them and let you know how they feel.

(If so, let me know if you have "normal" feet or narrow feet)

Happy heeling !

danielp6406, That's a kind offer, thanks...to be honest I don't know if my feet are wide or normal. I wear a US women's size 9 (small feet run in my family). I find most of my Pleaser heels to be tight in the toe area, but my Highest Heel Hotties are pretty comfy. Thanks again. Spiker.

danielp6406,

That's a kind offer, thanks...to be honest I don't know if my feet are wide or normal. I wear a US women's size 9 (small feet run in my family). I find most of my Pleaser heels to be tight in the toe area, but my Highest Heel Hotties are pretty comfy.

Thanks again.

Spiker.

Spiker,

You are wearing US women's size 9 ? Did you know that you are a lucky guy ?

You can choose any shoes or boots in any stores !

Now the next step would be for you to try them in the store (That day will come)

BTW, the question was "Are your feet normal or narrow ?" (not normal or wide)

Since you replied the Pleaser heels are tight, I guess you got "normal" men's wide feet but shorter than average.

So, do you want me to "investigate" those Aldo's shoes for you ?

danielp6406,

I did know I'm lucky yes thanks! I see all the posts on here about guys who struggle to find their size anywhere and am very grateful I don't have that problem. It gets a little embarrassing sometimes when buying men's shoes but that's a small price to pay!

BTW, the question was "Are your feet normal or narrow ?" (not normal or wide)

My mistake yes, the previous post was made from my iPhone so I couldn't see your post properly. I guess you're probably right - they're probably about normal (for a man).

So, do you want me to "investigate" those Aldo's shoes for you ?

If you're in the area that would be fantastic, thanks very much! Don't go to any trouble though, I can always return them to Aldo if they don't fit.

Thanks again.

Spiker.

If you're in the area that would be fantastic, thanks very much!

Don't go to any trouble though, I can always return them to Aldo if they don't fit.

Thanks again.

Spiker.

Greetings Spiker,

I went to the Aldo Canadian website and the "Ledec" shoes are NOT

available in my size anymore (Size 11) so I won't be able to try them for you.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/pumps/platform/75464846-ledec/95

But the "Franchette" shoes are still available in size 11

(In fact, I think both models are the same except for the available colors)

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/pumps/platform/76284898-franchette/95

I past by the Aldo store everyday so I don't mind at all stopping by.

(And it is always fun trying shoes)

So is it OK for you if I try the "Franchette" shoes instead ?

(Hoping they will have size 11 in the store...)

danielp6406, That would be perfect, thanks. The Ledec aren't available here in the UK so it is the Franchettes I would be looking at. I can't decide whether to go for the grey or the black patterned ones. I think I'll probably end up buying both! Thanks again. Spiker.

danielp6406,

That would be perfect, thanks. The Ledec aren't available here in the UK so it is the Franchettes I would be looking at. I can't decide whether to go for the grey or the black patterned ones. I think I'll probably end up buying both!

Thanks again.

Spiker.

Greetings Spiker :-)

I went to the Aldo store this afternoon and I tried the "Franchette" shoes.

There shoes are very nice and well made but they are narrow at the toe box :chuckle:

Except for the narrow toe box, they are very comfortable and the arch angle is perfect.

Was looking at my feet in the mirror, the heels appears extremely high (wow !)

But thanks to the hidden platform they are very easy to walk.

(I guess the hidden platform is at least 3/4" high)

Too bad they are narrow because I would have bought them for sure...

(They would be a perfect match with skinny jeans...)

My opinion: I would wear these heels in the house or for short walk

If I would go somewhere, I would put them in a bag and wear them on arrival.

(And I would not want any scratch on them or the heel tip to wear)

Final note: The "Ledec" and "Franchette" looks exactly the same.

Except the "Ledec" is in real leather and the "Franchette" is synthetic material.

Hopes this helps !

danielp6406, Thank you so much for making this trip just for me! I had a feeling they might be quite narrow at the toe box. I've decided to order the grey for now and see how I go! I'll post some pictures when they arrive - perhaps with my skinny jeans as suggested! Thanks again. Spiker.

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently bought a pair of Aldo Franchette croc. pattern size 11 shoes. As stated previously, the toe box is very tight. After an evening of wearing them, my toes were quite sore. Hopefully this will get better. I wanted the Ledec style black patent shoes, but they were already sold out in size 11. For that matter, so were the Franchette black patent in size 11. I measured mine and the heel is 5.5" high. The platform I estimate to be 1". I like them except for the tight toes. These are my Paris Hilton wannabe shoes.... Paul

in leather & heels...

danielp6406,

Thank you so much for making this trip just for me!

I had a feeling they might be quite narrow at the toe box. I've decided to order the grey for now and see how I go!

I'll post some pictures when they arrive - perhaps with my skinny jeans as suggested!

Thanks again.

Spiker.

It was a pleasure: I always like to try new shoes ! (And it is a plus if It may help someone else...)

So did you receive the gray ones ? I'm sure they will look good with your skinny jeans.

I just recently bought a pair of Aldo Franchette croc. pattern size 11 shoes. As stated previously, the toe box is very tight. After an evening of wearing them, my toes were quite sore. Hopefully this will get better...

Greetings Paul :-)

I guess you did not try them in the store before buying them...

(I don't think the toe box will get larger with time)

That is unfortunate because they are very nice looking shoes.

I would have bought a pair if the toe box was wider...

Daniel, I think that you are right about the toe box. Although I would hope that the sides would stretch a little bit which would help a lot. On a brighter note, I wore them again and they didn't feel so tight. Either I am getting used to them or my feet were a little smaller that day. That sounds silly but apparently feet sometimes swell a bit more than on other days. Some days I can wear my tighter shoes and boots and some days I can't. One of this year's fashion trends is to having shorter pointy toes on woman's shoes. I recently purchased two pairs of pumps from Aldo like this. The styles are "Moos" and "Quinones". I had to take both back because they were too small, unfortunately. As mentioned previously, I don't try them on in the store... Paul

in leather & heels...

Daniel,

...I recently purchased two pairs of pumps from Aldo like this. The styles are "Moos" and "Quinones".

I had to take both back because they were too small, unfortunately.

As mentioned previously, I don't try them on in the store...

Paul

Paul,

I looked at the "Moos" and "Quinones" models and they are very nice indeed.

As stated before, almost all Aldo's shoes with closed toe runs very small.

Do you have a "Spring Shoes" store in your area ? (Spring Shoes is a division of Aldo)

( http://www.myspringshoes.com/ )

Their shoes are true to their sizes and less expensive than Aldo.

They have similar models. They are not as "high end" but still very nice.

I hope one day you will be able to try them in the store. It would be much simpler this way.

Daniel

It was a pleasure: I always like to try new shoes ! (And it is a plus if It may help someone else...)

So did you receive the gray ones ? I'm sure they will look good with your skinny jeans.

I did thanks! I've been meaning to take some pictures. I bought the grey ones and was disappointed when they arrived they had a black mark on them that stood out like a sore thumb. Eventually figured out how to return them and bought another pair, and this time I added the black and white snakeskin ones as well!

You were right about the toebox being tight, although strangely it affects me more in the snakeskin ones than it does the grey ones.

Thanks again for your help, I need to do a picture taking session as I've bought a good few pairs recently!

Spiker.