Heels in music videos.

This is from the video for the song "Murder on the dancefloor" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. I think these are rather nice, some kind of hybrib between a boot and a sandal. love the buckles too: Posted Image

She seems to be really comfy in them as well, as she is dancing in them the whole video. I've read somehere that she loves heels.

It was Ms. Carey, and she was some sort of spy. So she ends up in the water wearing her heels and apparently sexy diving suit. She also rides a jet ski in her stilettos. I find her quite trampy and in obvious need of attention, so she doesn't further the perception of high heels as normal in society. Stilettos? They are for tarts who think they can sing and use sex to sell themselves. That's the feeling I get. So when the rest of us are out and about, we can earn that same judgement, all because the shoes are often inserted into images for the pure sexual connotation. Still, Mariah must be good to film all day for a video and keep in her heels. It's one positive thing about her...

Nice cap Trolldeg :smile: Debbie, yes it was Mariah Carey who swam in high heels. There was a programme on MTV called "Cribs" where celebs show you round there home. Unfortunatly I missed it but I did see some vid caps for Ms Carey showing off her "shoe room". There were shelves of them! She may even have enough to rival your wonderful collection B) Matt

And here is that picture:

Posted Image

Nearly all her shoes have at least 4" heels, amazing....

Apparently she is 5'9 and has size 9 1/2 US feet which is exactly my size, so I'd have some fun in there, and even more fun if Mariah was around :smile:

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-10 03:44 ]</font>

Re Maria Carey Just think how many more heels she can now get with that £20 million or so payoff from EMI to get out of her contract with them. I would certainly like to join Firefox in her closet - dreaming again. It must be the combination of Pink Floyd on the CD and Guinness in the glass. :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

Trolldeg wrote:

>This is from the video for the song

>"Murder on the dancefloor" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. I think these are rather nice,

>some kind of hybrib between a boot and a

>sandal. love the buckles too:

I also have a crush on open-toe boots, I recall that there are some pictures of that on Natalia's home page (fotos by Jo Hammar):

http://www.nataliasrubberclub.com

and also in the club:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/extremeultraheels4

Open-toe boots are cool since they are such a "contradiction" if you know what I mean...

I've seen some like the Sophie Ellis-Bextor ones for sale in Schuh. I personally think they're terrible, but that's just me. (I also think Sophie Ellis-Bextor is a terrible excuse for a musician, but that's also just me :smile: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm managed to download the MTV Cribs episode where they go round Mariahs appartment.

If anyone has Kazaa do a search for mariah +cribs but look out for part 3 cause thats the one where she shows you her shoes :smile:

A quote from the show just a little teaser for everyone to know her oppinion on heels...

"the style that I favour would a high stiletto and the brand that I favour would be whoever is gonna stick to that motif"

What a lady B)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

there are three types available and they are

Posted Image

left are laceup, right are buckle. A third type is available which is a velcro fastening.

As you can see they are not open backed, but are very similar.

sizes UK 3-8 are catered for.

anyone who wants a pair, PM or email me and I'll help :smile:

I saw the new No Doubt video today. Hella Good. Now, I am quite pleased, because I think the song is great. A little bit techno, a bit industrial, some good alternative rock beats, maybe a tiny bit of retro pop to it. The point! Gwen Stefani. She seems to have developed a thing for heels. In the last video for Hey Baby she was wearing some pretty high heeled shoes and boots. Stiletto heels, up to five inches. This video continues the trend. I think she was in a jet ski race with the other band members and in a few shots, you guessed it, five inch stiletto boots. They are shown really well in a scene where she is lying down and the camera is above her. Check it out. Hella Good. If you don't know the slang, apparently hella means a whole lot of. That is what my source on slang tells me. And the song really lives up to the name.

On 2002-04-05 08:40, Laurieheels wrote:

I saw the new No Doubt video today. Hella Good. Now, I am quite pleased, because I think the song is great. A little bit techno, a bit industrial, some good alternative rock beats, maybe a tiny bit of retro pop to it.

The point!

Gwen Stefani. She seems to have developed a thing for heels. In the last video for Hey Baby she was wearing some pretty high heeled shoes and boots. Stiletto heels, up to five inches. This video continues the trend. I think she was in a jet ski race with the other band members and in a few shots, you guessed it, five inch stiletto boots. They are shown really well in a scene where she is lying down and the camera is above her.

Check it out. Hella Good. If you don't know the slang, apparently hella means a whole lot of. That is what my source on slang tells me. And the song really lives up to the name.

any good pics of Gwen S ?

• 2 weeks later...

On some pop programme on ITV or C4 last night (20/4)had Shirley Manson of Garbage last night. It showed the video of Androgony - their latest single. In it there were several shots including a close-up of her 5" Patent Stiletto ankle boots - very nice. I've noticed she is wearing a lot of high heeled boots lately (on Jools Holland recently she had Red leather High heeled Ankle boots), where in the past she used to favour more clumpy styles. I hope she keeps this trend up. :smile:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think this counts as a music video clip, but it is a cool pic of one of my faves from the 80's and beyond - Gary Numan:

Posted Image

Am I imagining things, or is he wearing wedge boots/shoes? He is the one on the left-hand side of the pic.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!