New High Heel Cowboy Boot Maker

tightlevisandhhboots

The boots in my avatar are the 5" heels from Miguel Jones. They are a bit difficult to walk in. I would like to get a pair with 4" heels but at this point the only options at that heel height in my size have rounded toes and I too like the pointed toes.

Been away from this site for a long time but found it and this thread googling miguel jones cowboy boots mexico. I just got a pair of Jones boots from his ebay site. They were listed as 5" heels but really are 3" high. I'll keep them because they really look nice and are probably a lot more comfortable than a 5"" heel, although the 5" heel attracted me because I do crossdress and the boots seem to be unisex based on the ebay photos. Since I can't pass I thought that the boots with Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans and a woman's turtleneck would make a neat ensemble. Anyway, they feel wide but heavy boot socks take care of that and add to the comfort. I really like the extreme pointy toe which looks like it should pinch but of course it's designed so the end of your toe is almost two inches from the tip. Bottom line, these are great well made boots at a great price IMO. I'll have to read the entire thread to see what others have said and see if any of you are wearing the 5" heel and what you think about it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always had a life long desire/interest in having a pair of cowboy boots made with a 6" syiletto spike high heel. The problem is, I have a high arch and high instep. This makes it difficult to impossable for my foot to get down the shaft into the toe. If this boot could be made my next problem would be what color to choose. Who is me. Mike

• 1 month later...

These are my new boots that are actually Made in Mexico, but are of very nice quality. There are at least as nice as my Western Ranch Boots even though my Western Ranch Boots were actually tailor made to my feet, and these were just made by size alone. I wore these last night right after they arrived by UPS and they are very comfotable and fit very nicely right out of the box. The finish is very nice, though I will add a few coats of polish to help preserve the finish. But for the price I am EXTREMELY happy!

They are made by Miguel Jones, and his boots are listed on e-bay. I have just asked him to build me another pair with a 4.5 inch heel. It did take a few months to get my boots, so be patient with him, but the boots are FANTASTIC!!! Simple, yet elegant and are high heel, but don't look out of proportion at all to me. I hope you like the pictures that I posted above. There are 9 new pics of my new boots. I have not even added a layer of polish yet.

His e-bay store is;

http://stores.ebay.com/id=391924077&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SST

Yup. I discovered him myself a year or so ago. I have a 5.5" heeled pointed toe (tough to walk in for me), 3" black pointed toe (can wear all day), and just recently received a 4" heeled black pair with western stitching on the shaft in black. Very comfortable and at the limit of heel height that I can manage well. His prices are good and he's pleasant to deal with.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Charlie. The boots with the 5.5" heel, were those custom made by your request, or did they have them in stock? I have a high arch and a high instep. This shape of foot makes it hard to get my foot down the boot shaft into the toe. What size of boot do you wear? If I order a pair of cowboy boots will the boot maker put a spiked stiletto heel on the boot? What are thair limitations? I may go to a local western shop and see what type of boot will fit. Mike

No, none of the boots I bought from Miguel are custom. They were all off the rack so to speak. I wear a size 9 to size 10 (men's) boot depending on the boot design. Miguel's boots vary in that of the three pairs I own, I have two 9.5's and my latest pair is a 10. I would recommend going a size larger than normal with Miguel's boots. I don't know if he'll make a custom spiked heel version, but would think that this kind of boot is easy to find from many other sources? Ask him though. If you buy from Miguel and the boots aren't a good fit, he's very good about exchanging them. I had to do this with my latest pair as the first pair he sent me were too tight. His boots will also require a breaking in period as is normal with leather cowboy style boots in most cases. Good luck. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Charlie. Thank you for the reply. I looked on the Miguel Boot site and did not see a pair of boots advertised with a 5.5" high heel boot. I will look again. I will also go to one of the local western shops and try on boots so I know I get a correct fit. Thanks again. Mike