New High Heel Cowboy Boot Maker

tightlevisandhhboots

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Comments on the new boots? Good or Bad?

Tightlevisandhhboots

I like them, but they are too shiny for me, just prefer a plain black.

My new boots arrived yesterday from Mexico, even though the ebay location said LA, USA, but they came from Mexico. Not a problem, just a bit naughty I think.

They are great, far more pointy than I thought they would be, it is one view he does not show in his ebay shop which is a shame. will post some pics when I have taken some.

The angels have the phonebox.

What was the final dimensions on your heels? And how was your fit? I have two pairs now from him, and the first was a bit snug and the second was a tad loose, but without an exact fitting, I thought that it was still very good. Also since the second pair was made using the new "Last" for the 4-5 inch heels, the sizing could be a little off because of the brand new last. Anyway, I was just curious about your final product to compare notes. Thanks, TLAHHB

The Paul Bond boots arrived today. They look, fit, and feel great. The boot tops are 16 inches and the heels are about 4 1/4 inches at the back.

Nice boots. So that would be 20 inches tall with the heels, right? Do you tuck your pants into your boots? Such a nice pair, you should show them off fully exposed.

Nice boots. So that would be 20 inches tall with the heels, right? Do you tuck your pants into your boots? Such a nice pair, you should show them off fully exposed.

Yes, 20 inches. I can't say I'll be wearing them outside my pants much in public, but I'm sure I will occasionally. I certainly have done it with other tall boots in the past, though these do top any past cowboy boots I've owned.

Hi Tightlevisandhhboots,

Nice boots, thanks for sharing the final results. What is the final height of the shaft of your boots? This is reviving my interest to get a pair of western boots, both yours and Onyourtoe's boots are really nice. Do you have rubber heels on them?

Thanks again,

Mtnsofheels

Well, I finally recieved my custom boots. Heel is just over 4 inches, not quite the 4.5 I had hoped for, but still ver nice!! He has a picture of them on his e-bay custom boot add, and I have taken a few and put in my album. Please let me know what you all think of them!

Thanks,

Tightlevisandhhboots

Hi Onyourtoes,

Nice boots! The 20", where does that sit on your leg, at the knee or above?

How long did it take for you to get your boots made? Is there anything you would have differently if ordered another pair? The toe box, is there room enough?

Thanks for sharing,

Mtnsofheels

Yes, 20 inches. I can't say I'll be wearing them outside my pants much in public, but I'm sure I will occasionally. I certainly have done it with other tall boots in the past, though these do top any past cowboy boots I've owned.

Hi Onyourtoes,

Nice boots! The 20", where does that sit on your leg, at the knee or above?

How long did it take for you to get your boots made? Is there anything you would have differently if ordered another pair? The toe box, is there room enough?

Thanks for sharing,

Mtnsofheels

1. they are NOT 20 inch boots. The shafts are 16 inches measured up the side seam. That is the standard height for that particular style. They'll make any height you want for an additional per inch charge.

2. they sit an inch or two below my knee.

3. I mailed the order form on September 17 and the boots arrived on December 31. At the time I ordered, they were quoting 3 1/2 months so the boots were right on time.

4. About the only thing I would consider changing is getting multi-color stitching instead of the single color.

5. The toes do not feel narrow at all. They're a bit elongated to accommodate the full foot width and the point. They do not look long because of the heels, though even with lower heels, Paul Bond pointed toes do not look as long as some other brands.

6. The story behind their arrival:

On New Years Eve day the most unbelievable thing happened.

In September I ordered a pair of boots from Paul Bond. After 3 1/2 long months, they shipped them on Monday, 12/28 by UPS 3-day.

Shannon [Paul Bond's office manager] sent me the tracking number and I impatiently watched their progress. Will they make it by Thursday, or would I have to wait over the long New Year's weekend until Monday?

And they're off! Nogales, Phoenix, Rockford, Minneapolis, Louisville, Hartford, and yes, on to the local UPS center.

Then disaster struck! UPS is closed New Year's Eve day, no ground or 3 day deliveries!!! :blinkbigeyes::pulsingheart::happy:

That was at 8:00 am. I prepared myself for a very long bootless weekend.

Then at 9:00 am the phone rang.

The call was from someone else like me, a boot lover who happens to work at UPS.

Today he spotted the Paul Bond box -- the first one he's ever seen in his 7 years working there -- and called me with instructions on how to pick up the boots that day!!! (in a later conversation, he told me how he couldn't imagine a pair of boots like that sitting in a cold warehouse for 4 days while someone waited)

I went to UPS, knocked on the right door, dropped the right names, and they handed me my new boots.

Thank You, Mr. UPS Bootman!

The call was from someone else like me, a boot lover who happens to work at UPS.

Today he spotted the Paul Bond box -- the first one he's ever seen in his 7 years working there -- and called me with instructions on how to pick up the boots that day!!! (in a later conversation, he told me how he couldn't imagine a pair of boots like that sitting in a cold warehouse for 4 days while someone waited)

I went to UPS, knocked on the right door, dropped the right names, and they handed me my new boots.

Thank You, Mr. UPS Bootman!

That is a fantastic story, you are so lucky for that to have happened to you.

• 4 months later...

Hi Tightlevisandhhboots,

Nice boots, thanks for sharing the final results. What is the final height of the shaft of your boots? This is reviving my interest to get a pair of western boots, both yours and Onyourtoe's boots are really nice. Do you have rubber heels on them?

Thanks again,

Mtnsofheels

The shaft is a 16 inch shaft. THe heel caps are rubber, but the rest is stacked leather. Sorry for the late response, been out wearing them too much!!!

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread. I bought my boots from cowboybootsusa last year october custom made. The custom job was the heel type. 5 inches. Migues did a great job on them. I posted some pictures of High Heels Boots here. Please choose language top left to english :wave:

The article went longer and longer over time.

Maybe you find some other article useful. Below High Heels LifeStyle are some sweeties.

• 2 months later...

Been away from this site for a long time but found it and this thread googling miguel jones cowboy boots mexico. I just got a pair of Jones boots from his ebay site. They were listed as 5" heels but really are 3" high. I'll keep them because they really look nice and are probably a lot more comfortable than a 5"" heel, although the 5" heel attracted me because I do crossdress and the boots seem to be unisex based on the ebay photos. Since I can't pass I thought that the boots with Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans and a woman's turtleneck would make a neat ensemble. Anyway, they feel wide but heavy boot socks take care of that and add to the comfort. I really like the extreme pointy toe which looks like it should pinch but of course it's designed so the end of your toe is almost two inches from the tip. Bottom line, these are great well made boots at a great price IMO. I'll have to read the entire thread to see what others have said and see if any of you are wearing the 5" heel and what you think about it.

I have a pair of the Jones boots with 5" heels in US size 9... They would be ok, if they didn't run at least one size too big... Otherwize, they are very well made and I would order from him again.. I may get a pair made with 4" heels..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Paul Bond will make a heel up to 4", but since they measure the heel from the side seam, measured from the back, it is usually closer to 5". I have a pair of 3.5" heel boots that are 4.5" measured straight up from the back. They are expensive, but very well made.