high heel restraint

shedevil

I think it's been repeated in several previous posts, but flexibility is not the only thing you need to achieve if you desire to actually walk in very high heels. I would recommend purchasing the heels you wish to walk in, and practice at home. You need to become flexible in the ankle and toes, as well as build ankle and calf and foot strength to be able to walk in them. The foot trainers by Marquis are quite nice indeed, but i think a youtube search for ballet pointe exercises would be more helpful.

• 2 months later...

I was just thinking how easy they would be to make, I would get a couple of pieces of paper A3 might be big enough, and draw the shape you want, then take it to a local engineering company (there are several near me in Swindon) that would bend or form a bit of metal for you ( it could be bent yourself if you have a bench and a vice at home), they wont ask what it is for, they will just make them for you, it wont cost 500 Euros either, I would guess at about £30.00 for the pair, the metal its self is going to be a couple of quid, the rest will be labour. how do you strap yourself in? go to ebay and buy some tree straps 5 X TREE STRAPS 60CM 24" RUBBER TIES PROFESSIONAL (#180405148690) You will be able to fix these to the metal frames and of you go, or not if you are wearing them, I reckon you could make a custom pair for under £50.00 Come to that, if you live near me and are not brave enough to go into an engineering company, get in touch, I am sure we could make these dead easy.

The angels have the phonebox.

Item number 180458524628.

I bought a pair a few years ago but I'm afraid, with no disrespect to the vendor, in my opinion they are not very good.

Simply the straps do not hold the foot effectively enough and the roller that fits under the arch of the foot is of too small a radius. Essentially the frame needs to be contoured. Yes they look great on Heike's website but I rekon you'll get just as good flexibility from trotting around the house in some really extreme heels.

I have bought a pair of "Ballet Foot Stretch" http://www.footstretch.com/ which are (a lot) more costly but I reckon to be of more assistance. I've not really been using them (I can only get somewhere between image 2 & 3 on the How to Use page) but one can feel that they are pressing on the right regions of the foot / ankle. They cost £60 each over the summer (stupid frivolous purchase) but Euro89 now equates to 78quid $126 each! which is just obscene.

I'd have thought making them yourself is probably the best way, nothing you can't easily pick up from local hardwear and outdoor gear shops.