When did you first become aware you liked heels?

fanovheels

It was when we had to dress up for the Rocky Horror Pic show. There after I just wanted to wear high heels. Unfortunately could not as then my ex absolutely detested it she even told me that it was stupid and crazy to wear them. Well needless to say I got divorced two years ago and met the most fantastic lady and told her I liked high heels. At that stage she did not have many high heels but she let me try them on and it never stopped. We wear the same size shoe and we go out to buy shoes, she tries them on and we buy for both of us. Between the two of us we have now about 50 pair of high heels and boots. I cannot wait to get home and wear some or other stillettos. Justthis past weekend we went and bought 3 pairs of high heels two stillettos 4" and one pair of wedges 5". I still want to get a pair of 6" or higher. Looking at a pair of high stillettos at 6.5". I am wearing heels at home and in the car, she does not mind even urges me on. Had a pair of 3.5" heels on the plane the weekend and no one even noticed.:lmao::)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It must have been when I was around 10 or 11 and gradually found that I was admiring my mother's and older sister's high heels, and noticing how nice they looked in them. A neighbouring couple had a teenage daughter, and she looked fabulous in her heels. I was of course extremely shy and bashful, and often wanted to tell her how nice she looked, but didn't dare. I remember the thrill the first time I stepped into sister's high heels, and tried tottering around in them. I still get the same thrill every time I put on a pair of heels! My mum had a pair of platform boots with very high heels, and I tried those on too. From then on I was totally hooked on high heeled boots! She looked amazing in them, as did some of my friends' mums. When I was 16 I went to a local charity shop, and found a lovely pair of black high heels in my size (7). I remember taking them to thelady at the cash desk, who said 'You'll look lovely in those!' I was so embarrassed, but I enjoyed it too. Now, I still love shopping for heels and chatting to the lovely sales girls about shoes and boots.

For me I guess I've always appreciated a well dressed woman, but it crystallized into a love of heels about 5 years ago. I was in Spain & saw from a little way off an attractive woman wearing very high & delicate heels. Her poise + the shape & line it gave to her legs was utterly mesmerizing. Since then my appreciation of heels + girls & guys who wear them well has grown. Sadly it will never happen, but oh to look just for second like that woman in Spain.....

Looking back, my interest in high heels began in the third grade. Our classroom teacher wore heels frequently and I noticed how nice they looked on her. Most of my teachers in middle school wore heels as well. I was 13 when I really became hooked. We were visiting relatives in Chicago and my aunt would slip into pumps whenever we'd go out. They weren't extremely high - three inches, I'd say - but her high arches would wink with each step she took. The same thing happened the following spring when we visited during Easter. Her black pumps were just loose enough so that her arches would wink repeatedly. She wasn't much of a shoeplayer, but every so often she would slip one foot out, then the other.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

I think it was around 1980 or '81 - I saw a movie poster for the Angie Dickinson film "Dressed To Kill" - and the picture on the poster was just the pair of women's legs wearing some real sexy stiletto pumps. I was about 12 at the time, when you first start to really have sexual thoughts. Something about those pumps really connected with me, and from then on I always had a fascniation with high heels and paid attention to the shoes that women were wearing.

After a little while of "shoe watching" I became very curious about what it was like to wear high heels. Once when I was home by myself, I wanted to try on some of my Mom's heels - but by that time my feet were too big to fit into her shoes - and it wasn't until recently that I actually started wearing high heels myself.

But throughout the years I always maintained my love of heels, and always encouraged any girls I dated to wear them. Even today, I always try to persuade my GF to wear heels when we go out.

To me there's nothing sexier than a woman wearing a great pair of high heels. I only hope that we'll start seeing more mens' shoes with heels in the near future.

That would be this poster then :)

post-25866-133522930516_thumb.jpg

a biker gal dared me to put on her 11 thigh high red 5 inch heels on and wanted me to walk in them better than she. She was impressed. of course if i had my choice the drummer gal was the best that i enjoyed and someday want back.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I started out in the garage at about 7 or 8. And boy's I love it. Got out of privet school at the of 12, mom had to work late shifts so when I got home from school I would head to the bed room and put on her heels. Man they were tight. But I clumped around and had a great time. Didn't get my own pair untill 25, and been doing ever sinces. Lost one wife, 2ed one went nuts with them ( in a good way) 3ed wife says it ok. Well thats it. Will keep on doing my thing and to heck with the rest of them. Have great day.

That would be this poster then :)

Yes indeed - and I remember going to see Dressed to Kill (in about 1973) purely on the strength of those pictured shoes. Needless to say, no-one in the film wore them or anything like them; Angie Dickinson (the 'victim' in the film) did wear heels but they were merely the typical fashion of that era, i.e. nothing exciting.

Seems to be alot of related threads around this site. Wow. I was aware of my liking around age 14 (or a year or two earlier). I don't know exactly how it happened, but it just seemed to *pop* in my head that I liked heels, which is weird because the few moments I can remember trying them on was a night when everyone was sleeping, and then seeing a pair of sandals on my friend's feet. So really, I can't pinpoint when I learned I like heels. Just from the earliest memory I can recall.

Formally "HHDude"

I think it was about the age of 12 or so, I used to envy all the girls in their shoes and ended up trying my Mothers shoes on when no one else was home. She did not have any really fashionable pairs, but she did have some heeled strappy sandals that I wore quite a lot. Going to an all boys school didn't help, but we were back in the early eighties with bands such as Adam and the ants etc... where it dawned on me that it was probably ok to borrow from female fashion as a male. I started working in McDonalds when I was at college and bought myself a pair of girls "School style" shoes with a 2 inch heel, which lived in my locker at work and were worn when working because the uniform trousers were long, dragging on the ground so no one noticed.

I first became interested in heels about 1970 when I was in college, unisex clogs and sandals became very popular for men and women. It was in the hippy era that then turned into disco. I noticed a lot of other guys wearing them and shoe stores were selling them to men everywhere. I first bought a pair of dark blue suede cork wedge clogs about 2 3/4 inches high, made for men but really looked just like womens. They were so cool, I just wished they had had a sling back strap on them with a buckle. I then also started wearing the wedge heel platform buffalo sandals in natural leather, blue, dark red, and brown that they were selling to men. I also found and bought, made for men T- strap platform sandals, wood platform sandals, and highheel black shoes, all made for men. Since that era in mens shoes has unfortunately disappeared I have been forced to shop in the womens shoe departments or online.

• 1 month later...

I must have been 5 when the original movie "Grease" came out. I didn't have any positive male role models at home or at school and I pretty much related to Sandy who was at the bottom of the pecking order while the gangs made everyone else's life a misery. But then Sandy's transformation catapulted her to the top, and for me those high heels she wore came to represent confidence and self-esteem. Not long afterwards I discovered my mum's black suede peep-toes with a 4" heel and it was such a comfort to secretly slip into those whenever I could. My passion for high heels has stayed with me ever since.

If you like it, wear it.

I was in junior high when I really started to notice high heels and how I was effected by them. I started to get very curious about how it would feel to wear them so I tried on a pair of my cousins heels one day when there was no one around. I loved the way they felt and it just went from there. I don't believe for a minute that there is a man alive today that has not at some point in their life at the very least been curious about what it would feel like to wear a pair of heels. Most are just terrified of what others would think of them and either would not try them on, or more likely the case, would never admit that they had when no one was around.

I must have been about 12 when a lodger moved in with us. I remember being attracted to her knee high boots (not much of a heel) and to her sandals which had a decent 3"or so heel. I remember trying both on one day when "home alone" and enjoying it. Even to the point of wearing them with a pair of tights too. That was it. Hooked (or should I say "heeled"?).

I was first interested in high heels the first time they were on my feet as a young farmkid in 1970. As the 1970's progressed and heels got higher I only became more restless buying my first pair in 1978. Of course I was also interested in a few accessories as well :silly: HappyinHeels:wave:

• 3 weeks later...

When I was probably around 5 or 6. It had something to do with how feet looked in them with pantyhose (having grown up in the 80s and being exposed to pantyhose with heels - they go hand in hand for me). What I love doing is trying to imagine how women's feet look barefoot while they're in heels, and guesstimating what their size is.

My experience seems different than most. I looked for a wife that would be totally equal to me in the relationship. (perhaps many / most of us do?). But to me, that mean that I DISCOUNTED the cultural norm of women in high, impractical heels. I was more looking for a woman that would go on exciting adventures with me, and be fascinating to talk to, etc. (I'm not saying this makes sense- I just didn't see my and my partners adventurous & practical and "liberated" selves fitting with high heels.) And I had not progressed to even IMAGINING myself in high heels. I didn't know I had an interest in that, or why I might, and didn't give myself permission to even imagine it. I wasn't turning away from something that tempted me. In fact, I worked for a shoe company for a very short time and was amazed why others enjoyed browsing at the endless stream of designer shoe catalogs and magazines and studying the trends. I just didn't get it- yet. But I did pursue other offbeat and fetish interests that were more ingrained in me, and those were very rewarding and fruitful. Anyway, now that I have realized how exciting it can be to feel and wear high heels, I LOVE them, and my wife is getting more into them as well. So a relatively late blooming interest that we both can share and explore!

When I was a child. Mom's shoes. The neighbors. It just seemed more normal to me than not wearing them. Huge contrast with society, and things are still contrasted, aren't they? @SleekHeels, Grease definately catapulted things over the top. SNJ. Nothing more needs to be said. :smile:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Hi all I have loved high heels from about 9-10 years old, the first thing I can remember, is finding my sisters black strappy platforms, and trying them with a pair of tight, from then its history shal we say.

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember ma cousin used to play with me, she used her moms heels (she was 13 and i'm 8 back then). she always used to asked me to wear her heels, they are 2 inch heels strappy sandals,(they were little big to ma feet but not awkwardly big), while she wore her moms heels. i enjoyed doing that and even if she is not in her room i used to go there and wear her high heels.. i think i had that high heels craziness even when i was younger..

I remember I was about 6 years old and I was visiting a friends of the family. I was playing with a girl about the same age and she had those cute pink jellies that were so popular back in the day. I remember I tried them on and thought they were fun. I remember her dad poked his head in the room and saw me and smiled. From then on, I always watched other girls growing up and what they were wearing and dressing. I attended a private school where the girls always had to dress up and many of them wore heels. I was so jealous, and I remember my jealously driving me to curiosity as my mom would wear high heels all the time. I then would raid her closet when no one was around to try on heels. I remember the feeling and loved it. When I got on my own, I bought my first pair online and have never looked back. As of now I almost own 50 pairs and my girl friend is encouraging me to buy more!

Men: Never ask a woman to wear a pair that you wouldn't! :silly: ~HnH83~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like most guys here I was very young when it started.Wanted to know how it feels to walk in them and thats when it started. Tried on my moms heels and at 20 I got my first pair of heels. Fought it a lot the last 3 years but now I embraced it,its a part of me so why fight it.

Probably since I was in kindergarten. My teacher had a nice pair of mary jane heels that I thought looked pretty. They got even more noticeable when I was a teenager and the girls in school started wearing heels. I just remember wanting so much to know what it must be like to wear them.

Probably since I was in kindergarten. My teacher had a nice pair of mary jane heels that I thought looked pretty. They got even more noticeable when I was a teenager and the girls in school started wearing heels. I just remember wanting so much to know what it must be like to wear them.

Your story sounds very simular. It was the black patent mary-janes in kindergarden (1957/58) that got me into "trouble" as I did not understand the difference of black patent shoes and black shoes during a game. Fast forward to 1965 as girls in grade 8 started to wear heels for class photo and occasional daily wear, I took notice of the mary-jane low heeled styles that were popular for the next years throughout high school. I was facinated with the popular styles of one, two, and three straps across the instep. Then in college, I found a pair of "my dream shoes" on clearance in a Ward's catalog for $3.99. I ordered my first pair of fantastic footware - and then the heels went higher as the collection grew also after finding I could actually fit into a girl's shoe.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.