When did you first become aware you liked heels?

fanovheels

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very early, I guess around 8-9 years old. My mom used to wear heels 24/7, stiletto sandals, 4-5 inch heels. She used to clean the house with heels on! Clearly remember her with some cut off jeans, white t-shirt and killer heels! She has a deep obsession for shoes too! I have never seen anyone run so gracefully and feminine with a pair of 5 inch sandals as my mom did a couple of times to catch a taxi. She danced so effortlessly also, and always was the talk of the party cuz of her high heels and outfits. I guess that is where i get it from. To me it was natural, and the only way for a woman to be was with heels. Her sisters, my aunts were all the same way, wore heels all the time.

I was around 11 when I first stared to notice girls. I did not even know what high heels at the time but begun to notice that girls looked a lot better some days then other. I have a very scientific mind and begun to try figuring it out. My first theory was about the skirts: the shorter the hotter ( i still like miniskirts). This theory did not, sometimes girls in trousers looked better then them in skirts. My big break came when an really attractive girl came 4 days in a row with 2 different outfits. Day 1: Short skirt and looked wonderful. Day 2: Trouser and looked OK. Day 3 Short skirt (exactly the same as day 1) and looked. Day 4: Trousers and looked wonderful. What made her look hot day 1 and 4 and OK day 2 and 3? I took pictures of her each day and i studied them. It took me 1 week before noticed the shoes and then i understood everything. She wore flats at day 2 and 3 and wore 6 cm heels on day 1 and 4. From that day i was a heel lover, form that day a have always checked the shoes/feet out before looking at the rest of the body when seeing a woman. If you wonder about the morality about taking pictures secretly I can inform you that she has seen the pics and that she was flattered.

I was around 10 years old and was looking in the new 1963 Aldens Spring and Summer catalog. Spmething caught my eye when I was looking through the section with shoes. I became interested in "girl's shoes" in kindergarten when i made a mistake and got up to run around when "black patten leather shoes" was the magic shoes - I had on black shoes. I did not know what "patent leather" meant. I was pulled aside and explained "the facts of life" about girl's shoes. The catalog showed normal girl's shoes with the normal flat heel but some were also avalible with what was called a "jet heel." The jet heel was a short stiletto style heel probably about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches high. I could not get that sight out of my mind. I was facinated as to what it must feel like to wear and walk in such shoes. They came in size 12 girls to youth size 5 or 6. Theye were labeled in later catalogs as: "She will feel so grown up in her first heels - just a little bit higher to delight her, but low enough for healthful foot comfort." Oh how I wanted to try them but there was no way for a 12 to 13 only male child to find a way. Little did I know, size 12 was for a girl about 5 to 7 years old - the age I realized girls wore different types of shoes than boys. I to tend to look at the feet first and work my way up. That facination never really has gone away. I did find a way to try some heels. My Mom was a small lady and I had surpassed her size prior to my realization. I did find that my foot size and my grandmothers size were very close. I was able to try a quarterstrap open toe sandle of hers. Wow what a different feel to walking. I thought I understood why girls liked heels - they were just fun to wear. I found it fun to rock back on the heels and walk with my toes off the ground. They were a chunky heel of about 2 inches tall - just a little bit higher to delight him. :chuckle:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Hmmm, I remember it well. 1974, I was 14 at the time. There was a series of photographs in the newspaper about the arrival of spring weather and one of them featured a woman sitting on a bench sporting fantastic pair of white four inch sandals. They were not exactly wedges because they didn't decline from heel to toe, but were a solid platform across. I recall this coiled set of emotions: for one, I admired her beauty; for another, I thought she was extremely sexy and lusted for her; yet for a third, I just loved the shoes and wanted to do anything possible to get a pair like that. Then a few weeks later, there was a music show on TV and it featured David Bowie and he wore heels and a dress for some tunes, and men's suits for others. Ever since then I've yearned for the same range in my own dressing, and happily over the last few years I've begun sporting the footwear, however, I haven't recently seen shoes like that on the market. Perhaps as part of celebrating my 50th b'day next year I'll find a custom maker to create a pair for me. Great topic! -MJ

I think it started when my cousins (both girls) dressed me up with shoes, dresses and the works, in the late 60's, then I got my first heels in the mid 70's of which I still have a pair 4" leather knee high boots. I then heeled for 10 years, but then returned to heels in the mid 90's. That is when I realized it is not going to go away and solidified my love for heels. Helmut Newton's photos during the 70,80 and 90's always spurred the interest with his great shots of thigh boots and pumps on semi bondaged models.

I don't remember my exact age. I have a picture of me when I was about three years old where I was using my mom's boots. As I was very young and didn't realize what high heels or boots meant she let me use them all the time. I used to wear my mom's and my aunts' boots. I didn't think about them for a while but later on I realized that I loved to wear high heeled boots.

My first few days at infant school (1955), little girl in my clas wearing a nice pair of red sandals, wished I could wear the same. heels came later about the age of 16-17 and was able to buy my own, never looked back since. (I have loved girly type shoes all my life, funny thing is cannot tell you why).

life is not a rehearsal

(I have loved girly type shoes all my life, funny thing is cannot tell you why).

When I was 4 or 5 I dreamed of wearing cute strappy girls sandles.

That dream faded when we moved....8 years later, new home, new school, no friends yet, found a Montgomery Ward catalog, tore the pages of boots out and hid them under my bed. (open side-lace peep toed boots, suede over-the-knee cavelier cuff boots, both with 3" chunk heel...and more...)

Could someone tell me why?....................On 2nd thought, I don't want to know. The progression from then to now was fun, and now wearing 5" heels anytime and anywhere I want is a real BLAST.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I probably posted this little tale elsewhere, but I was 13 when I discovered the joys of high heels when I developed a mad curiosity over how women could walk in such shoes. Too embarrassed to ask my mom how she managed what I viewed as an act that defied physics, I decided that the only way to satisfy that curiosity was to wear her heels myself. I waited for a day when mom was at work and I had the house all to myself, I went in her room and picked a pair of plain black pumps with three inch heels for my little experiment. Sitting down on the bed, I put the shoes on, slowly stood up then flopped back down on the bed since I didn't have my balance. On my second try, I managed to stand but walking was quite a chore as I stumbled and staggered all over the place like a drunk, but in a short period of time, I got the hang of it and quickly came to love wearing heels. And the rest was history!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have liked the sight of high heels all my life, but my interest in wearing high heels is from some years ago.

When I was a toddler and up to -say- some 6 years I wore maryjanes (by Dior or Chanel) my parents used to buy for me; there were no raised eyebrows or something, it was quite natural for a boy my age wearing those. The only thing I disliked is that mine were always black and I would have died for a pair of red or white ones!.

I must also mention that within the same time, my mother used to buy me thick cotton tights, and I would wear them under shorts. I liked that very much, but all of a sudden some day there were no more maryjanes, no more tights-&-shorts (only tights under slacks during winter vacations). All I could do was wonder why the heck I could not wear'em anymore as I always did.

When I was about 12-13yo I found a great pair of maryjanes in the Boys section of a local shoestore and they were my size!. Gosh, did I save every single cent I earned that summer!. Never again saw something similar, not by far. They were simply t-strap flat maryjanes, largely sized, and labeled as "boys shoes". Some 10 years ago bought another pair of maryjanes (with some sort of "celtic knot" design) in Aguascalientes City, and I must tell they got lots of compliments.

Since then I wonder why there aren't high heels for men, and I find no logic on it at all: most boots for men bear higher heels than any other men's shoe style, sp. those texan style boots, or the "tacon cubano" heeled boots... and shoes!, but those tacon cubano shoes are intended to be worn by dancers - not only pro's but weekend "danzoneros" and such.

I've been searching in the internet and found many medium and high heeled shoes which design is absolutely manly, and think why, who or what is not allowing us to wear them and not be molested.

This is a great thread that brings back many fond memories of my love for high heels. Although my interests in heels have changed over the years, my first memories feel like they happened just yesterday. My first awareness of heels was 1955 in the 2nd grade. I was playing hide and seek at a friends house and had hidden in his older sisters closet. All I remember was standing among all of her shoes, most of them high heels and the wonderful smell of perfume and leather that permeated the closet as i stood there there in the dark with the door closed. From that day forward, heels have been on my mind. I think my second encounter with heels was at a party at my parent's house. I was probably 7 or 8 at the time and this neighbor had on a pair of heels I'd never seen before. I later learned that they were called Spring-o-lators. She was being teased by someone at the party so she took off her heel and pretended to use the heel to attack the person who was teasing her. My last prepubescent experience was sighting the mother of my best friend as she prepared for work. We were playing in the living room and she came out wearing nothing but a merrywidow, stockings and these beautiful 3 inch stiletto pumps. At the time, I couldn't understand why my groin was tingling. As I went through high school and college, I found myself most interested in the girls who wore the highest heels. I even had a habit of stealing my girlfriends high heels just to have them in my possession. I wasn't until I was in my late 30's that I started wearing high heels. And when I discovered that I really liked how they felt, it made me wonder why it took so many years to make that discovery. My first heels were a pair of teal satin pumps that I found in a second hand store in my size. I was wearing them in my car the week before Halloween when a couple of young ladies stopped me and asked me for a ride. I said sure. When they got in the car, they immediately noticed my heels and couldn't stop offering compliments about how great they looked on me. I made excuses that the heels were for a costume party. They even asked me if I could get out of the car and walk around for them. From that moment forward, I became a wearer. I'm in my 60's now and the collection has grown to about 20 pair over the years. My favorite thing to do is wear them with my "man clothes" of boot cut jeans and walk into department stores, convenience stores and basically anywhere that they might get noticed. My favorite style is classic closed toe stiletto pumps with at least a 4 inch heel. I also adore low cut boots with a similar look. The interest in this particular style probably came from my first experiences because stiletto pumps first began to appear in the late 50's to early 60's

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I have loved heels as long as I can remember. I loved wearing my mother's when I was young and was sad when my feet outgrew hers. I have always picked girlfriends who wore heels and feel i am luck that i have found a wife that has the same size feet as me!

To quote my introduction "My interest or discovery was playing or hiding under the stairs where we kept our shoes, out of curiosity I tried some on, interesting feel, naughtiness whatever, a level of excitement for an eight year old. Heels watching (and borrowing) began." Heels tended to be low, an inch or two, boots tended to be lower, each had it's excitement either the lift or the closeness around the leg. Puberty time and total confusion reigned (how many others reflect the same problem), but heels were higher and girls were interesting, to shy to get near the girls so it was the heel watching and desire that won. Al

great thread!! self, somewhere between the age of 10 - 12years of age!! even from those early days could not take my eyes of a woman in heels!! as life went on started dreaming more and more of being able to wear heels one day self!! however that had to wait long time!! till the age of 25, when I had my 1st heels, think they were 4 - 5 inch pumps!! due to life circumstance, no longer have those!! in between those days and the last 6 years, went through many different emotions due to not understanding the HH part of me!! and only once I found this place did I gain a better understanding and loose a lot of the bad feeling associated with heels :chuckle:

• 1 year later...

I was 8 (give or take a year) when I first tried heels and knew I loved them! I know because I remember exactly which of the many houses I've lived in that it was when this happened: I shared a massive rumpus room with my 2 sisters. It was split in to a bedroom half and a ...I guess... rumpus half. In the latter half there was a box of women's shoes. (Completely random thinking back about it. My mum didn't/doesn't wear heels and my sisters were too young at the time and don't wear heels). Anyway, there was a pair of blue strappy heeled sandals (I'd say 3 inches at the very most) that I tried on out of curiosity. I'd say I became aware that I liked heels when I got the opportunity to try them on again (and again and again but only when I was all alone). I would try on the heels but they were always too big for me, except these Blue sandals. Unfortunately one day I was caught by my brother. The embarrassment and then negative experience meant it took me several years before I wore heels again.

Call me Tights!

My story is not unlike yours. My grand mother was rather young (she married when she was 16) and completely addicted to high heels. She was small and had small feet. A the beginning her shoes were still too big for me but, as I grew up, they eventually fitted. I remember wearing her heels when I was pretty young (still in primary school), especially a pair of very high red strappy sandals that that I really loved (and i was only 9 or 10). When my feet overgrew her shoes, i got into my mom's. Unfortunately she wasn't a great heels wearer. She had a pair of black pumps. I remember dressing up in skirt, blouse, garter-belt and hose, and going for a walk while my parents were spending an evening by some friends (must have been 16-17). She also had heeled sandals and wedges that I wore occasionnally. For a long time she kept in the attic two pairs - a red and a white - that she wore in the fifties, very high with a kind of block heels. I use to go and play in the attic when it was raining and wore the shoes and a skirt from my sister. One day I wore them to play with my sister and one of her friend. I guess my mom did not like the idea of me crossdressing to play with the girls because suddenly the shoes (and the clothes) weren't there anymore. Then eventually I bought my own.

When the word heels is used, I imagine it is referring to the footwear society has deemed that females now have the social acceptance to select for their public attire. I must have been a baby, for there hasn't been a time that I recollect without wanting to play with, have, or wear those pretty shiny smooth things. When I was able to figure out what the pretty objects were for, I was constantly trying to put them on. My older sister wasn't happy about this, because she had the illusion they were hers since she had worn them home from the store. Being that I was between the age of infancy and toddlering, her ownership was invalid, because I wanted them, so they were mine and don't take them away. This must have been how my relationship began and developed with my sister, because most of our childhood involved me swiping her patent leather shoes and then being found later with them on, if I wasn't able to sneak them back before she found out.

When I was in 4th grade. There was a box of my Mom's old high heels in the garage. She couldn't wear them anymore because something happened to her feet after the birth of my 10+ pound younger brother. I just started wearing them out of curiousity and was amazed at how fun and sexy they made me feel. (I was just coming into puberty.) I used to walk around outside everyday for hours in the different high heels for months until my Dad stopped me and made me feel really bad. But then I had a girl friend who would let wear her strappy leather sandals and I got almost the same feeling again. (I like a lot of different girl shoes besides just heels.) From then on I always had a least one pair of women's shoes scrounged from thrift store boxes or hand me downs. This was in the 70's and 80's. Then in the early 90's, I had these cool neighbors in this cool ski town I was living, who always had these theme parties all the time. One time, it was a "sexy shoe" party. You had to wear sexy shoes to go. Even though I'm shy, I really wanted to do it. The girls found me some black leather 4" pumps in a thrift store in size 12. They were a little tight, but I stretched them out by the time of the party. It was such a great time. I wore heels a few other times on Halloween. But mostly I just wear them at home. I don't live in a city and there is not a lot to do around here for going out. The closest I get is my 3" high heel cowboy boots and strappy leather sandals in the summer. Oh, and 2 1/2' heel clogs to the grocery store or post office. It would be tough to pull off 4" stilletos around here. Snow is on the gound half the year and a lot of the roads (including mine) aren't even paved. My new thing is womens winter boots on the outside of my jeans.... not real sexy, but still way more fun thean men's shoes.

I think it was around 1980 or '81 - I saw a movie poster for the Angie Dickinson film "Dressed To Kill" - and the picture on the poster was just the pair of women's legs wearing some real sexy stiletto pumps. I was about 12 at the time, when you first start to really have sexual thoughts. Something about those pumps really connected with me, and from then on I always had a fascniation with high heels and paid attention to the shoes that women were wearing. After a little while of "shoe watching" I became very curious about what it was like to wear high heels. Once when I was home by myself, I wanted to try on some of my Mom's heels - but by that time my feet were too big to fit into her shoes - and it wasn't until recently that I actually started wearing high heels myself. But throughout the years I always maintained my love of heels, and always encouraged any girls I dated to wear them. Even today, I always try to persuade my GF to wear heels when we go out. To me there's nothing sexier than a woman wearing a great pair of high heels. I only hope that we'll start seeing more mens' shoes with heels in the near future.

I only hope that we'll start seeing more mens' shoes with heels in the near future.

* * * * * *THEY'RE HERE!* * * * * *THEY'RE HERE!* * * * * *OH Yes! They are here!!* * * * * *

You just have to look over the array of heeled selections women are known to pick from and choose the ones you want to wear. They even have footwear designs with high heels in their menswear sections if you're wondering. Too feminine, you say? When did you start believing what others tell you about what you can desire to wear?

• 2 weeks later...