Driving in heels?

Hi Ruud and Dawn HH, I might give it a go in my manual Fiesta, but I won't be trying it in my TVR

As Homer might put it, Hmmm! TVR! Which one do you have? One of my friends has a Chimaera, but its poorly at the moment. The Cerbera is my dream car, and I hope one day to own one. Probably in 10 - 15 years though!

Chris

ps. I wouldn't try driving it in heels either! :)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just FAB tan boots honey!! Gonna have to post a pic of my tan over the knees - found them in an 80's retro store and they are gorgeous!!

Balletboot2000:-) Mickey68 and I just got in from doing a bit of Christmas shopping in which I drove my 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon in a pair of boots with a 3 1/2" heel. We took the wagon because we were transporting a large object and needed the extra carrying capacity. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Oh Dawn HH - aren't YOU the lucky one!! A Chevrolet Caprice Station Wagon!!!!! :oops: I would just LOVE one of those!!! :):o Been trying to find one on the net for ages - only one found so far is a 1980 Caprice Wagon somewhere in Oregon. They want $3,500 for it. Is that a fair price??

Spikeheelhoney:-) Mickey and I have had our wagon since it was 3 years old and it had 23,000 miles on it then when we bought it used. It is now 17 years old and has 75,000 on it. We have taken good care of it and it looks and runs just like it had just stepped out of the show room. This is our 2nd car and is used only on occassion. It would be extremely difficult for me to comment on the wagon, you cited in your last post, as to if it would be a good deal or not without seeing it, knowing its condition, mileage, maintenance record, past history of owners, and the care or non-care it may have or have not received during its lifetime. One thing for sure, I have always driven our wagon while wearing high heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Balletboot2000:-) If you can wear 7" heels outside around a car park, more power to you. You are a better man than I am as I couldn't possibly do that if I practiced from now until the end of my life. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Balletboot2000:-) At least your knees are pretty straight. I wouldn't have been able to get that far. All I would have to do is to put them on and I would have fallen off of them even while holding on to something. They have a very sturdy toe-box, but those heels are extremely thin at the tip. Ultra thin even. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have a dropped left foot - and find that in any thing over 4" with a fine stiletto heel, I need to use an arch support (unless the boot has good ankle support - or in the case of pumps, mules or sandals, they are a close fit. "Gina" pumps are wonderful!). I'm searching out some ballet boots at the moment - and when I tried on a pair of my friend's with 7" spike heels - I needed the arch support - even though they were thigh length. I also had trouble balancing - so I tried the arch support on both feet and they worked wonders - giving much more strength to the foot. My friend also stressed the importance of standing up straight, not bowing my head and keeping my arms fairly still as I walked (good old deportment!). Ballet dancers bind their feet of course to give strength and also to cushion the toes against shocks.