Driving in heels?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This subject has been covered before by Nata on 26th Mar 02 in the 'For Everybody' forum.

I find the extra space and more upright position in my 4wd allows me to wear 5" heels without scuffing the back of heels.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1052226566

Ask Calv how my control of the vehicle is, but don't ask him to comment about sticking to the correct lane markings which I regard as suggested guidance to one's trajectory.

Xa

Just bounced this back to the top for Heelman

Xa

When I drive in flats or heels, I have a tendency to plant the back of my right foot's heel on the floor and pivot the foot to operate the accelarator pedal. So with 6" stilettos, my right foot is extended as far as it can go. As a result, I have lots of trouble extending my right foot any further to push the accelarator pedal. My right foot will also tire easily if I have to hold the accelarator pedal to maintain a higher speed. So I end up using cruise control whenever I can. When I saw CandiCaine work the accelarator pedal while wearing 7" stilettos, I was totally dumbfounded. Although the 7" heels extend her feet to a near vertical position, she is able to extend even farther to push the accelarator pedal. I wish I had her arches.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 1 month later...

I wear heels daily so I have driven my 2003 Mercury Maurader and my 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon many times in heels. I do wear chunky heels and driving in them has become second nature. I really notice the difference when I use a great burst of speed and the accelerator is against the floor, which causes a different sensation in the angle of the foot and ankle. With chunky heels you don't have to worry about damaging the heels as the foot angle keeps the heel back up from the floor. I haven't tried them yet in my Corvette, as it only gets out of the garage in extremely rare occasions as it has been in retirement many years now. From what you people have posted about sport cars, I'll probably be wearing sneekers (trainers for the UK people) when I drive it. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've driven in heels a few times, the only problem I had was that the smooth soles were a bit slippery on the pedals. Oh yes, and once I drove in my white patent courts. No problem until I took them off and saw the dirty mark up the back from my mats. Aargh! Chris

driving a vette in heels works too, Dawn. Just a little more difficult to climb in and out. Especially in 7" stiletto heeled pumps (I know, I've tried it ). :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) You drive a Vette in 7" heels? WOW!!! I should have an easier time of it since all of my heels are chunky and between 3" and 4". I can't balance stiletto heels anymore. Wish I could. I loved the looks and feel of them. Used them for years. Getting out of a vette in male mode is difficult enough, not counting wearing a skirt and heels when emfemme. I always feel like I'm sitting with my postier on the street, so my method, (no matter how I'm dressed), is to swing my feet out first and place one elbow against the steering wheel and the other against the door frame and launch myself into the street. Dawn HH

Chris100575:-) I don't have to worry about slippery soles as my female boots all have a small ribbing on the bottoms to prevent slipping. They hang onto the peddles just like my male sneekers do. No problem. I don't complicate anything. :D Dawn HH

Dawn, I've just checked and almost all of mine are smooth. I have three pairs with ribbed soles, two of which are platforms which I wouldn't even try driving in, and the third are my boots that J gave to me. I might wear those next time I try... Chris

Chris100575:-) The ribbed soles really help. I have also replaced the slippery plastic heel tips with rubber for two reasons---less noise and better traction on all of my boots. As for the platform boots, I don't particularly care for that style, and if I did own them, I certainly wouldn't drive in them. Just my opinion---If you like that style, go for it and enjoy them. Dawn HH

I watched the Candi movies and I don't think she was actually driving the car, I think it was stationary and she was just giving it a few revs. Got me thinking though, in an emergency situation where you needed to brake very quickly or take other avoiding action would you prefer to do that in heels (high) or in flatter footwear. I'm just not confident that in a difficult situation wearing, for example, ballet heels that I could cope.

Stilettos:-) When I'm driving in heels, I'm more cautious and less aggressive to help avoid emergencies and I leave more room between me and the car in front to allow more room to manuever. If in flats and someone starts horseing around with me I can be very aggressive. Those kind of people don't know what the headlights on my Maruader look like as all they see is fadeing taillights. 0 to 60 in less than 4 seconds. Z-Z-Z-O-O-O-O-M-M-M!!! Dawn HH

• 4 months later...

I have a foreign car of Japanese make, so when I drive in heels it can be a bit of a challenge as the distance between the pedals and the floor isn't that high. Result: scuffed heels. Solution: I replaced the rubber floor mats with a piece of carpet. Now my boots get a shine on their backside every time I drive.

Genebujold:-) That's a great idea to put a piece of carpet on the car floor to keep your heels from getting damaged. I have no problems with heel damage in my cars as with a high chunky heel and the angle of my foot, my heels don't get scratched up. I get my heel damage from walking out of my driveway as I have stone and your heels can sink in as the stone moves under your weight and scuffs the lower edges of the heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I only drive short distances in heels as they can be quite tiring over a journey. Usually I only keep my shoes on if they have ankle straps as I frequently have to get in and out of the car and it's just too much bother to keep fiddling with the straps. For safety I prefer stockings or bare feet, though good driving shoes are suitable if you want to protect precious nylons.

• 1 month later...

First of all I'd love to say hello to everyone for I'm new to this site and this is my very first post :D . Secondly, Not only am I so happy to find such a great place to talk about high heels, but a topic of wich I'm so turned on by, "Driving in Highheels". I won't go into the details for how this became such a love for me due to respect all the members here and most I can tell you right now will find this somewhat weird or abnormal :rofl: , though If you look at my profile website it will tell all about how much I love to do this. It's great to be here.!! and I Love this site.!! Nikki P.S. Hey how do I change that "comfy loafer" under my name to a stiletto or something hot ?

Nikki Drivesnheels:-) Dawn HH Drivesnheels also. Welcome to the HH Place Forum and if you want to kick around stories or personal experiences about driving in high heels, you are certainly in the right place. I drive in heels most of the time, as when dressed enfemme, or when street-heeling in male mode wearing heeled boots under long pants. It is great fun for me when driving in heels, especially the angle of the foot because of the heel height when punching the gas pedal to the floor to quickly change gears or to use the passing gear. Post a lot and tell us about yourself and your opinions. I especially like the photo of yourself that you chose to use for your Avatar. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

Welcome, Nikki. The way to change the comfy loafers under your name is to post a lot. The more posts you make, the quicker your avatar will change to something hot. LOL

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.