Driving in heels?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you telling me that I could not drive something like a Corvette, or Lotus, or any other low slung sportster, with such high heels?

Well no, I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that it would not be so easy. I don't know much about the Corvette, some Lotus models have a driving position more suited to high heels than others. Specifically I'm talking about the Lotus Elise which isn't yet available in Canada. As well as the seating position being very low the steering wheel is also very low. Even wearing flat shoes my knees can come into contact with the steering column quite often. I've only sat in the car wearing heels a few times but found that my knees and the steering wheel/column all wanted to occupy the same space.

I'm not saying that you, Laurie, couldn't drive such a car in high heels, I'm sure it's possible somebody could. It's just that some cars are not as high heel friendly as others.

In the past I have owned a couple of Corvettes, ( a 1981 and 1986), and had no problems driving in my 5" heels. I never gave it any thought.

Any day that you don't learn something new is a day wasted.

Wow! Great legs and Great shoes. But with legs that long, that gal will have to drive the car while sitting in the back seat! :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

The first time I drive with heels, iiicccchhhhhhh! It was really a challenge. I put my "Le chateau 4 inches high heels" (totally brand new) and I start driving on the high way. The heels hurts me during this time....Really paintful. I wasn't really able to push on the break (really strange feeling). I try again with a 3 inches high heels and I drive Montreal-Quebec really easily :lol: I really like this experience :lol:

I used to drive an 18-wheeler for up to 10 hours straight (including 3-4 hours in Los Angelos bumper-to-bumper traffic at 15-20 miles per hour) in 4-1/4 inch mules with a 1 inch platform (e.g. 5-1/4" total), but then it was the only way to keep my gas pedal knee from aching unbearably, so that may not count. :lol::lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Ruud!

I've had a little experience with driving in HH's :lol:

I managed to buy my Ballet boots from TLSB, london and then decided to head back up north up the M1,M6 whilst driving a Golf manual in a pair of Red knee length Ballet boots!!!

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.....

I stopped at the services to have a natural break, So parked in a parking space where at the time, when I get out of the car knowbody can see my boots :lol::lol: So managed to have a 2.5 hour drive then a 5 minute walk around a car park, all in a pair of Ballet Boots!!!

If you've got them, Flaunt them!!

• 2 months later...

yes, yes, yes, please post more mpegs of your stilettos :(:lol: i'm sure everyboduy would be very greatful. also, i can attest that it is very difficult to drive an 18 wheeler with 5" black patent courts on :( the double clutching is very tiring and you don't have a very good feel on the foot feed. but it is exciting :(

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

The thinnest heel ever made was a designer shoe with a heel as thin as the insert of a ballpoint pen. It never went on sale as it was so thin as to be lethal if you stepped on someone with it. I have never seen a picture of these shoes, even though they have been written about many times in the last few years.