Designer Heels vs. Stripper Heels

BobHH

"Stripper" shoes have come in for plenty of criticism over the years on HH Place, though not as much recently. They seem to sell well, though, and I'm sure plenty of members have them. It seems to me that some or many of the current high heeled stiletto fashion shoes are similar to what were called stripper shoes. I noticed particularly an email ad from YSL today for YSL Bow Sandals, for $895. Here they are compared to Pleaser Kiss 221 sandals (less than 1/10th the price)

post-28-133522893248_thumb.jpg

post-28-133522893249_thumb.jpg

For those old enough to remember (and from the US), back in (I believe) the 70's, Ford ran commercials comparing one of their sedans to a Mercedes. They'd have closeup pictures of the wheels (wheel covers), door handles, taillights, etc, asking basically, "Can you tell the difference between a Ford and a Mercedes?" This YSL vs Pleaser comparison is markedly similiar...

I like the stripper look and own a couple of "stripper shoes" but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't buy designers heels if I could afford it. But I would never stop buying cheaper shoes like pleaser 'cause I like the fact that I can wear them and party in them without having to worry about how they'll look the next day.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

• 6 months later...

Neither one does anything for me. I associate platforms like that with drag queens rather than strippers.

I DARE you to post this on 'stripperweb.com' or 'exoticdancer.net'.:smile:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 1 month later...

BobHH, How you? The "stripper" or hh platform sandals look nice but not for me. Do you wear that style in public? I wear high heels in public all the time (whenever possible), but prefer a sandal with a lower heel height, up to 2 inches ideally, since I am already 6 foot 3 inches tall. If I were shorter maybe I would go for the higher heel "stripper" type sandals. Plus my intent when wearing heels is to be happy and comfortable, not necessarily to attract attention to myself - but that still happens at times, even with 2 inch sandals!! What the heck... ha ha !!! Take care all, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Standing naturally at a vertically challenged 5'1", I need all the help I can get, well that's my excuse anyhow, so stripper heels were my introduction to vertiginous heights before I could afford to splash out on classier examples, and also whilst the fashion heels weren't so high or the heels weren't the right shape for me. As such, I still have a soft spot for them and tend to wear them if I'm going to dives of clubs with latex outfits as (similarly to previously mentioned) it doesn't matter if they get trashed, scuffed, dirty or whatever. Plus, they go well with the outfits. If going to an industrial/goth/fetish club that has a history of putting kitty litter on the steps in order to stop people slipping, Loubous are not the order of the day. :) So I would say that they are incomparable as they both have their different places in my shoe collection. And the same goes for handbags. I wouldn't take a Dior handbag to a gig where it's going to have beer spilt on it and python scales, where applicable, rubbed off by the pushing and shoving nor am I going to take a cheap little thing that I paid £20 for to a soiree at Louboutin.

wow I think YSL Bow Sandals for $895 is too expensive for ordinary consume:smile:.We won't wear a pair of shoes for long then we will want a new style .Why not change 3or4 pairs of shoes for about $200.Maybe that would be more reasonable:smile:

wow I think YSL Bow Sandals for $895 is too expensive for ordinary consume:smile:.We won't wear a pair of shoes for long then we will want a new style .Why not change 3or4 pairs of shoes for about $200.Maybe that would be more reasonable:smile:

Amen to that :)!!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I have recently bought several pairs of heels from more mainstream brands like Nine West and Pelle Moda. They are very nice in many ways - genuine leather smells very nice, they seem to be well made, they are more fashionable by today's standards (though I think the styles today are too "trendy"), but they don't fit me any better and the cheaper shoes tend to have a few features I like, such as "suede" (padded and fuzzy) liners. The clear plastic uppers on sandals used more by the cheap or "stripper" shoes are more flexible and adapt more to varying foot size (especially width) than the leather straps on some more stylish shoes, and the suede liners tend to work better in putting them on if the feet are slightly damp from the shower or perspiration in warm weather, or taking them off under the same conditions. Size variations are just as great in expensive shoes, and I find ratings to be an unreliable guide. A pair of fairly expensive Pelle Moda wedges which I tried were too wide to stay on, but a similar style in stilettos was on the small side. Cheap shoes tend to be small rather than large relative to the advertised size, in my experience, but it varies by brand.

The worst example of poor sizing I have found was in some Gabriella Rocha wedge slides named Stef. A beautiful shoe, but the size 12W was more like a 10.5! Definitely way off from the size stamped in the sole and on the box.

Although 'Stripper' heels come in for a lot of criticsm, so too do 'Designer' heels.

I watched Graham Norton last night, one of his guests being the British actress and presenter Amanda Holden. She was wearing a rather cheeky pair of designer lace-up platforms of equal height to a stripper heel. They were black and white and actually looked quite smart.

She was asked by a member of the audience how much they were. Her answer was that they were hand made by a designer friend....and cost JUST £300.00.

The audience erupted in derision and she was close to being booed off the show!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...

Although 'Stripper' heels come in for a lot of criticsm, so too do 'Designer' heels.

I watched Graham Norton last night, one of his guests being the British actress and presenter Amanda Holden. She was wearing a rather cheeky pair of designer lace-up platforms of equal height to a stripper heel. They were black and white and actually looked quite smart.

She was asked by a member of the audience how much they were. Her answer was that they were hand made by a designer friend....and cost JUST £300.00.

The audience erupted in derision and she was close to being booed off the show!

Here are Amanda Holden's shoes that caused such controversy and amusement on the Graham Norton show. Actually, I think that they are rather nice:

post-1866-133522917113_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522917105_thumb.jpg

post-1866-13352291711_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522917112_thumb.jpg