• 4 inch
    • 5 inch
    • 6 inch
    • 7 inch or higher
    • shoe
    • boot
    • sandal
    • mule

I can go for miles in 6inch heels with no platforms. I wear these all day (eg10+ hours) easily. Mind you it has taken some time to get used to that height for all day wear. Anyhow what I wanted to say is that from years and years worth of public heeling I would always recommend a non-platform heel for comfort because your toes can bend with the shoe as you walk. A platform has so little flexibility and give to move with you as you walk - so things like uneven pavements, sloping sidewalks etc...(the real world) cause more stress on your ankles because the shoe will not allow you foot to absorb some of these things. Its hard to explain exactly. Additionally a stiletto heel is kinder because it can lean sideways to accomodate some of these uneven pressures as well - whereas clompier heels always force your foot straight up perpendicular to the ground (even if the ground is not level) which puts the pressure back on your ankles. Lastly a platform shoe is so much heavier which just makes them more uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I am the exception here? but I just find platforms so unforgiving. Heel-Lover

Started out the very first time in a pair of 4" heels and I have stuck to that height ever since for both boots and shoes. I have been doing that for decades now. I never even tried to go to a higher heel as that height was just me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Now this is getting interesting. boots and shoes are neck and neck and 5'' is way ahead of the pack. in the summer i rarely wear shoes and never boots unless im fishing. in the summer i love my sandals as i love the feel of the wind between my toes and always barefoot even in shoes. oh by the way i only wear heels for fundraising because IT WORKS :cry1:

Don't know if I contribbed before, but I'll add that I've done 1.5 miles in 4" heels without issues. But they were well-made and broken in boots.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

the final results are much as i expected. my personal faves are sandals although i would consider a boot style sandal or open toe shoe. i dont like my feet being closed in and try and where sandals as long as the weather permits. if i was wearing heels everydays my maximum would be a 5'' with maybe a thin platform. my personal favourite is something along the lines of a Pleaser 109. i could easily go to 6.5'' with a platform around 2'' thick although i have walked in higher but these would not be practical for everyday wear. i have also posted a picture of 4 styles that i particually like

post-17818-133522901069_thumb.jpg