• 4 inch
    • 5 inch
    • 6 inch
    • 7 inch or higher
    • shoe
    • boot
    • sandal
    • mule

This poll is to find out what size heel a person can comfortably walk in up to a distance of 2 miles. it is based on a stiletto heel with a single sole to half inch platform. it also ask if you prefer shoe, sandal boot or mule style. NOTE: 6 inch and higher is with or without a high platform

Three inches: no problem, I have walked around in them the whole day. (well: 8 cm to be more precise). (the pavement on the dam square in Amsterdam is murder on your feet. But that holds for almost any shoe type). 5 inches I know I cannot. I have some shoes and boots like that that I wear occasionally around the house, but probably a quarter mile outside would wreck my feet for the rest of the day. 4 inches, would depend very much on the specific shoes or boots. Some might be fine, some definitely would not. That is why I voted safe at 3 inches. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Three inches: no problem, I have walked around in them the whole day.

(well: 8 cm to be more precise). (the pavement on the dam square in Amsterdam

is murder on your feet. But that holds for almost any shoe type).

5 inches I know I cannot. I have some shoes and boots like that that I wear

occasionally around the house, but probably a quarter mile outside would wreck my feet

for the rest of the day.

4 inches, would depend very much on the specific shoes or boots.

Some might be fine, some definitely would not. That is why I voted safe at 3 inches.

Y.

You did not say what style you prefer

Hey! Krazykev64, For some time, I have enjoyed public heeling in a pair of 5-1/4" high stiletto pumps with a 3/4" hidden platform, which makes the height equivalent to 4-1/2" high heels. I haven't made any exact measurements for the distances while heeling. Some jaunts have been quite extensive, maybe over your 2 mile qualifier, but most are less than or around a few hundred feet.

i can wear 6'' high heel platforms all day and doing house cleaning and walking around my driveway . i have even wore them to the store and getting gas . i love wearing them every chance i get . i do wear boots with a 4'' heel everyday to work driving my big truck

I only really wear my heeled New Rock boots to go out in, but they're about 4" and I've definitely walked more than two miles in them. They do have quite padded foot beds though, and if I'm going out I usually use gel cushions too. For round the house I can just about manage 5" but anything higher is a struggle.

i have been using 5" heels lately, but i'm not sure if they count as a fiver, since they do have a plattform, which takes away about an inch to the real height the feet feels. any way i just can't wear less than 4 inches, it doesn't feel the same.

I find wearing 4 inch heels totally comfortable and wear them to work most days. I can wear 5 inch for nights out and have occasionally worn 6 inch which are a real test as I only have size 3 (UK) feet. Melanie xx

I find wearing 4 inch heels totally comfortable and wear them to work most days. I can wear 5 inch for nights out and have occasionally worn 6 inch which are a real test as I only have size 3 (UK) feet.

Melanie xx

Thank You:

Mentioning the size of shoe tells alot about how really high the heel is or better put the angle/percieved height of the heel (Example: A 4" heel on a size 7 shoe is the same angle as a 5" heel on a size 10 shoe (give or take)) So when you say 6" heels on a size 3UK, I am really impressed, not so much for me with my 6" heel on a size 10US, (size 8UK ?) BTW I can wear 5" heeled boots all day.

Thanks Trill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I find wearing 4 inch heels totally comfortable and wear them to work most days. I can wear 5 inch for nights out and have occasionally worn 6 inch which are a real test as I only have size 3 (UK) feet.

Melanie xx

Hi Melanie, I am from England too.

Do the 5 & 6 inch heels you have worn have platforms on them, or are they true 5 & 6 inch heels where you experience the full heel height?

My wife has size 6 UK feet & can wear 4 inch heels all day, & has a couple of pairs of 5 inch heels without platforms. She can walk ok in them but not for long distances.

With you wearing 5 inch heels in a size 3 UK you must find them really high if they have no platforms.

Neil x

I regularly wear a maximum of four inches which suits me just fine in terms of comfort if I'm on my feet for a lengthy period of time. However, I'm thinking about going up to five inches in the near future.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It is not about heel height for me ; It is all about fit and support and cushioning. I would say the angle of my foot is never an issue so long as the other factors are catered for. M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

I voted 5", I do have a couple of pairs which I have been wearing regularly but where I live I am not about to be running from a bear in 5" heels but will make a get away in 4" heeled boots barring I find no gopher holes mid stride. LOL!

I think it also depends where you live as the many surfaces will add or take away from what you have to do in heels. Like I can sprint to an ATM in 5" heels if a store has a flash sale on Christian Laboutins that I need.. versus the above situation. Oh what we do in heels hmm.........

Mtnsofheels

Its 4.75 inches for me all day with pencil thin steel tipped stilettoes. I can manage 5 inches for half a day, but I find that 6 inches with a one inch plat are far more comfortable than 5 inches without a plat, and can manage the 6 inch for most of the day standing and walking. I recently managed 5 miles of unmade Scottish road in 6inch wedges with a one inch plat, but my ankles took a hammering, trying not to fall when getting small stones under the sole

• 2 weeks later...

I have one pair of six inch heels without platforms that I use for training purposes, but I never wear anything in public over 4 inches. I don't like to wear stillettos in public and find ankle boots with a four inch non-stilletto to be both super comfortable and great looking with a pair of jeans. Also, my wife loves it when I wear heels as long as they are not as high as hers.

• 1 month later...

WOW just what i thought. shoes styles are most common with a 5'' heel which is actually a bit higher than i thought. 5'' would be my highest without platforms but with platforms i could easily manage 8'' as long as the platform was at least 3;; thick. i will have to set up a poll to find the most common heel types and sole types. next year im doing a 10 mile charity walk in 6'' stiletto heels and a 1.75'' platform. i just hope they are hard wearing and comfortable. im thinking on wearing pleaser kiss 209 sandals:smile::cry1::smile:

next year im doing a 10 mile charity walk in 6'' stiletto heels and a 1.75'' platform. i just hope they are hard wearing and comfortable. im thinking on wearing pleaser kiss 209 sandals

i have a pair of sandals like these (not by pleaser). they are very nice to walk and provide great ankle support. i haven't worn they that distance but i guess the cushion pad in the please's will help a lot...