Heels that heal #2

xaphod

Following on from this

http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/14764-heels_heal.html

Is anyone up for spending a fiver to enter this event so we can wear our heels, as guys, with pride?

The other thing that springs to mind is that we will be in the minority, compared with all the heel-loving women there !

Could be interesting !

Xa

Hmmm .... I'm getting less enthusiastic on this one by the minute. I thought that it might be an idea to dip my toes into the media scrum, but, judging by the so-called celebs that will be attending, I can see that we could well be regarded as a bunch of pervs supplied for their amusemnent and delectation. The likes of Davina McCall (best known for her rambling BS introducing the no-hopers in Big Brother), Claudia Winkleman (compere for the luvvie spinoff show associated with 'Celebrity Come Dancing', the BBC's primetime filler show currently going head-to-head against the equal dross of ITV's 'Xfactor'), Amanda Holden, her of the immobile face as a judge with Simon Cowell are examples of the quality of the celebs participating in this event. Yes, we might great television, but only as objects of ridicule. I don't think this is a good idea. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ It's not really the right place here, but I'll go out on a limb to talk of celebrity. I would be honoured and priveleged to be considered a 'C' list celebrity in comparison with a man, himself A++ list, a man who is a little guy, old, wears specs, dribbles and has a speech impediment. He's just resigned as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge ! Xa

Xa, If you're thinking along the lines of stiletto court shoes, I would agree; the TV and newspaper media will have a field day at your expense. I think there is a middle ground here that you might consider, and that is heeled clogs, loafers, or boots with a block or cuban heel (3-4"). A shoe like that would be a lot more masculine looking (or at least a lot less feminine looking), and while perhaps not as fun and sexy as a stiletto, would still allow you to rise a few inches and have fun on heels without the media spoofing you. Another thought would be to get at least a dozen blokes to go with you, and it would be clear that there is some strength in numbers. People might be impressed that that many guys would come out for a walk in heels for a good cause. Steve