"high heels are bad" studies are back :(

highheeltrained

Not surprising really considering the plethora of ultra high platforms that are so current. Platforms are dangerous as that part of the foot does all the balance work. The normal sole allows the wearer to feel the unevenness of the surface and so automatically compensate, but this isnt so with a platform as it does not transmit this info to the wearer. They are a real problem on anything but a perfectly even surface especially when coupled with the very high stiletto heel. It was bad enough back in the 70s when we all wore plats, many a sprained ankle received courtesy of them. I know the gals want to wear these really high heels, and we guys love to see really high heels too, but there is a time and place for them. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

...I know the gals want to wear these really high heels, and we guys love to see really high heels too, but there is a time and place for them...quote]

I'd have taken that last statement, and changed it to, "it takes effort and practice..." I think the bigger issue is that fashion has pushed up the heel heights without the wearers knowing how to walk in them properly. You can't just have people (women or men) who ordinarily walk in low to mid heels, all of a sudden start walking in the "fashion's latest trend", shoes with 5"+ heels.

Since raised heels have become more than horserider's tools to help keep their feet in the stirrups or platformed to heights that plateau the feet above the muddy pathways, their have been those whose detest the progression of the fashioned high heels. I can only speculate that these nay-sayers for the use of high heels have not been able to experience the grandeur feeling high heels can offer, without having to yield to the discomfort incurred from wearing heels that don't suit their feet requirements for the proper fit and/or for their feet construction. Some people just can't wear high heels, period. Even some that do, shouldn't for various reasons. After all is said and done, it is still a matter of personal choice for ones own adornment. Just because you choose something in your options for personal adornment, does not mean you have the right to force anyone else to follow your decision. In a commitment like the military, a person gives up their right to exhibit their personal preference of attire, at least while on duty. Otherwise it has been society that has forced their standards of dress, which has usurped the rights of personal choice. Podiatrist may see many injuries from the use of high heels, but there are many more heelers that have never had to use a podiatric service from wearing high heels. A person should not completely ignore the possibilities of injury, but like sdh2lmh put very well, you can't live without taking some precautions in everything you do.