One of Those Nights

Magickman

It was. It truly was one of those nights. I had been flirting around, on the Internet, and looking for someone to go dancing with me. That didn't quite work, so I made a blind date to meet a woman at a local tavern. On the phone, I told her that I would be wearing my boots with 4" heels, and that I would be dressed up. She didn't believe me. She didn't believe I would wear heels, tights, and a skirt, or that I had a brightly hued manicure. "You're not serious," she said. "Yes I am," I replied, but apparently without sufficient conviction, to convince her. Anyway, we met at the tavern, and she almost fell out of her chair, when she saw me. The poor dear simply could not get past my outfit; the heels, the nails, the skirt, the tights. She was unable to wrap her mind around it. "I thought you were joking," she told me. "I could never date someone like you." "You're on a date with me right now," I said. "No," was her retort. "This is not a date." OK. Then it was an undate. Yes. An undate it was. She ditched me, shortly after, and left me to my own devices. It was a rare evening of live music at the tavern. The place was soon packed. And the crowd was mostly women. My heels and outfit were serving their intended purpose as a chick magnet. Lots of the women were flirting with me. There was one, a very tall brunette, who stopped me to say, and I quote, "You're so cute. You're so cute." Unfortunately, she was there with her husband. I did get to dance with a number of the gals, and it was a good time, late into the evening. It was, in fact, one of those nights.

Well, I congratulate you on at least trying to get a "date." It is all a matter of taste I suppose, but I often wonder if women when they react like you undate know that they may be put off by a guy who expresses some individuality in fashion knows that we are the ones getting the chuckle on their behalf. People can "date" whom they choose , but the negative reactions say as much or more about the person making them as it does about wearing the guy wearing heels. As for your evening at the dance, I have no trouble finding women to dance with, appreciate my individuality, etc. in those settings either. As for getting the best attention from married women, I feel your pain on that as well... Gutsy attempt my friend and keep it up!

Style is built from the ground up!

I am glad the evening turned out OK after all. I had a similar situation with a woman that some friends of mine "fixed me up with." We both like ballroom dancing and I wore a pair of men's dance shoes with a 2" heel to go dancing that night. She caught me staring at some of the other women'e high heels that they were wearing (she was wearing a pair of dance shoes with about a 3" heel). She asked me why I was staring at these women and I told her that I really though some of the high heels the women were wearing were pretty. She asked me if I had a high heel fetish and without even thinking I said, "no, I just have and wear several pairs of high heels like some of the women are wearing hear tonight. I've even been dancing in a pair of my 5" stiletto high heels." She said, "you wear women's high heels?" I had already stuck my neck out so I decided to play the honest card. I told her that I not only wore them, but I wore them out-and-about in public. We had been dancing quite a bit that night, but she abruptly asked me to take he home right then. It was a silent trip back to her house and as she left my car she said, "please don't ever call me again." I have not called her and Magickman like you found out, there are women out there that do accept men in high heels and will be seen in public with them. I'm sure I will meet one some day.

I am glad the evening turned out OK after all. I had a similar situation with a woman that some friends of mine "fixed me up with." We both like ballroom dancing and I wore a pair of men's dance shoes with a 2" heel to go dancing that night. She caught me staring at some of the other women'e high heels that they were wearing (she was wearing a pair of dance shoes with about a 3" heel). She asked me why I was staring at these women and I told her that I really though some of the high heels the women were wearing were pretty. She asked me if I had a high heel fetish and without even thinking I said, "no, I just have and wear several pairs of high heels like some of the women are wearing hear tonight. I've even been dancing in a pair of my 5" stiletto high heels." She said, "you wear women's high heels?" I had already stuck my neck out so I decided to play the honest card. I told her that I not only wore them, but I wore them out-and-about in public. We had been dancing quite a bit that night, but she abruptly asked me to take he home right then. It was a silent trip back to her house and as she left my car she said, "please don't ever call me again." I have not called her and Magickman like you found out, there are women out there that do accept men in high heels and will be seen in public with them. I'm sure I will meet one some day.

Honesty is not only the best, but the only way to go. I applaud you just being right up front with your date that evening. I also wonder when women tell a guy never to call again, if they think that is some sort of punishment? I would like to assume that it is honest, but I have found in dating that it turns out to be a big production. Something like, well if that's what you are into, cool, but there is no future or something. Anyway, I digress.

I have met some women who think its cool that a guy wears heels, but of course most don't. Bing up front is the only way to go and I think Roniheels and Magickman not only share important experiences, but by far the best any of us could ever do.

Style is built from the ground up!

Magickman, Great story! Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry the evening didn't turn out as planned. Perhaps a little more online dialog beforehand would have convinced her that you were serious, so she didn't waste your time and hers, but like the others, I applaud your up-front honesty. You put all the cards on the table so she knew clearly what a relationship with you would entail. Oh, well, it's obviously her loss, and there are plenty of other fish in the sea. I'm glad the evening turned out well, and good luck in future dates! Roni, Man, that's a crock about that date who got turned off so much she wanted to end the date immediately. People can be so intolerant that they deprive themselves and their date a good time. She, too, obviously is the loser, and I hope you've had many more successful dates since her! Thanks for sharing your story. Steve

With my devil's advocate hat on, most women want their men to be men and dressing in so feminine a manner is likely to put a lot off. I'm not getting at you, if that's your thing more power to you, but do spare a thought for the woman who was probably made to feel quite uncomfortable.

"Most women want their men to be men." I told the woman how I would look. She just didn't believe me. "To be the man," means a lot more than the superficial veneer of clothing and footwear. That is style, and not gender. Admittedly, my style is unusual. But I carry myself proudly and with confidence. I enjoy the projection of my personality, through the medium of my personal style. It is something I have fun with, and at least some of the women enjoy it, too. Oddly enough, women strangers frequently give me unsolicited compliments on my style. Believe it or not, they tell me how much they like my heel boots and how cute they think I am. Lots of times, "You look better in a skirt than I do." Always, those exact same words. Even in heels and a skirt, I can still be the man.

Oddly enough, women strangers frequently give me unsolicited compliments on my style. Believe it or not, they tell me how much they like my heel boots and how cute they think I am. Lots of times, "You look better in a skirt than I do." Always, those exact same words.

Even in heels and a skirt, I can still be the man.

I too have received compliments about the high heels I'm wearing from women I don't know. Many of the comments envy the fact that I am able to walk in 4" or 5" high heels without any problems. But they also comment on how pretty the shoe is.

"Most women want their men to be men."

I told the woman how I would look. She just didn't believe me.

"To be the man," means a lot more than the superficial veneer of clothing and footwear. That is style, and not gender. [...snip]

You're right, of course, that you can wear whatever you like and it doesn't change your gender. I've run into a similar reaction from my ex wife who believed that somehow I became less of a man as soon as I changed my shoes. People do make certain assumptions based on appearance however, and while I wholly respect your courage to wear whatever you like and just go your own way, I can't think that it'll result in many lucky dates. That said, if you do find a lady who is OK with your clothing choices then you know you've got a keeper!