Heels that Heal

euchrid

looks like fun but the invite to the walk seems sexist to me? Follow the link to the Fabulous mags pages for a nice pic of Kelly in latex It's typical I'm supposed to be in Cornwall that day. Al

Interesting fundraising initiative here - the publicity photos & video include Vernon Kay wearing red stiletto platforms!

http://www.heelsthatheal.com/

Yes indeed - and he implies that he likes wearing heels and this isn't his first time. And he is well over 6' tall so I wonder what size he takes?

There is a lot of other material on the site and its links, including the charity shoe auction on eBay (22 shoe lots) which runs for a week from 8pm today. And the photos of assorted celebrities wearing or talking about their heels are also in the Fabulous magazine free with today's News of the World. All worth a look.

looks like fun but the invite to the walk seems sexist to me?

How so? Yes, it does start off 'Stilettos at the ready, ladies!' and go on to comment that 'if more than 2,000 women take part ...' (neither of which positively excludes men) but the application form allows for entries from people with the title of 'Mr' or 'Sir', amongst many others.

I wonder if there will be any male entrants? Vernon Kay??

• 4 weeks later...

I must say that I'm rather surprised at the apparent lack of interest here in this venture and the photos, videos etc that accompanied it. OK, so there was nothing spectacular or unique but it was a little diifferent and eye-catching. Did anyone bid in the auction or participate in or view the walk? Does no-one have a vew on Vernon Kay and his heeling?

Did anyone bid in the auction or participate in or view the walk?

It aint happened yet - it takes place on Sat 31st October.

Sounds to me like a perfect opportunity for some guy-heeling, either surrepticiously or "full on" for those brave enough.

I would have popped along to watch, only the missus has already made other plans for that weekend (story of my life! :chuckle:)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

There,s nothing about this on The Westfield web site and there's no useful information on the heelsthatheals web site either.

Details can be found here:-

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/walking-in-heels-world-record-attempt-london-article-8804.html

Westfield's own site did have a mention of it previously but it's gone again now. Perhaps it's too "down market" for them???

Always High-Heel Responsibly