Do you worry about wearing heels all the time?

Alex

When I was lurking one of the most interesting threads I saw was this one. It was about becoming a "high heeled woman" on a full time basis. I'm not an expert on anatomy but I think the same danger that women face are present for us men. Are you afraid that your heel wearing will keep you permanently in heels?

I know some of you wear extremely high heels(6"+). Have any of you experienced problems with your arches?

I wish I was a size 10

no problems yet (touch wood) I wear my 6 inch (platform) stiletto heels for periods up to 12-14 hours at a time (mainly at my computer) and other times I wear them for 30 minutes a day (and sometimes I can't get my feet into them -usually on those VERY humid days)Unlike that lady I DON'T want to be stuck in them as I don't like wearing heels while driving my Tamiya TXT-1(my namesake :wink: ) around, It weighs just over 5kg! I haven't had any bad side affects though yet (so far so good) later, TXT-1

If you don't very you height of the heel during the week or spending time flat footed you are going to shorten the tendons in your calf mussel making it pain full not to wear heels. This could lead to pernamit damage, depending on how you see it. But you might not be able to wear any thing less than 3”. The key is to exercise you foot constantly. If possible changing the height of the heel during the day or at least rotate the heights during the week. Example 3" one day, 4" next day 5” another day flat foot the other, or gasp!! a 2" heel. Of course if you don't wear heels all the time I would not worry about it. Since I don't wear heels all the time :wink: do to my job adjusting to a 4"+ heel takes some time for my foot to adjust when I put them on. But I wear something like a pair of clogs with a 3" heel when I get home and sometimes, something higher just to keep my foot flexible. So I can wear higher heel over the weekend all day with nothing more than tired feet. Knock on wood here to.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

When I was lurking one of the most interesting threads I saw was this one. It was about becoming a "high heeled woman" on a full time basis. I'm not an expert on anatomy but I think the same danger that women face are present for us men. Are you afraid that your heel wearing will keep you permanently in heels?

I know some of you wear extremely high heels(6"+). Have any of you experienced problems with your arches?

Hi Alex,

an interesting question. I'm sure that I will walk on heels for the rest of my life, at least sometimes!

Actually I am wearing nearly daily high heels. There is no doubt about it, that a change of my leg anatomy has taken place: The normal position of my feet is a little bit stretched - not rectangular anymore. And my calves muscles have become obviously stronger and shorter.

But I'm very careful. My definite decision is: never to sacrifice my feet to my fetish love. I want to be able forever to walk many miles on flat shoes. Because I like hiking and climbing tours in the mountains. This hobby is for me as same important as walking on high heels. Therefore no experiments with 7'' and 8'' heels rsp. extreme foot stretching!

But wearing the most time 4'' to 5'' heels - that poses no real problem for me :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I noticed that wearing 6 inch heels to bed can cause cramping in the calves and arches. Stretching exercises are necessary before getting out of bed, for example to go to the bathroom. And you should never try to get out of bed unsupported. As for becoming a full-time "high heeled man", even during rashes of high heel wearing I didn't stay in them long enough for my muscles to be permanently set. Each day it is necessary to leave the house in something other than high heels. Since meeting my current partner, I have had less need for autoerotic means of releasing sexual tension (one of the reasons I wear high heels, but not the only reason). So I have been wearing my highest heels less frequently, usually opting for a comfortable pair of slides or mid-heeled court shoes. Also when I wear my boots, I find it isn't necessary to put on spurs or spiked instep straps to achieve the desired degree of stimulation.

Michael

I have worn my 6 in. heels for many hours, like TXT-1, without any problems other than a few steps of adjustment after putting them on or taking them off. But, I do a lot of walking, working out, and dancing in regular shoes. A dance teacher has recommended exercises to strengthen the legs and ankles - walking on tiptoe and doing toe raises. She says girls have stronger ankles due to wearing high heels. She was surprised when the exercises didn't tire me out. Little does she know - I probably wear higher heels than she does! :wink: Reminds me of one of the stories Highluc had posted!

My sister in law is a high heeled woman. She is in her fifties now and has been wearing high heels since she was a teenager. The tendons in her legs now have shortened so much that it's painful for her to walk in flat shoes, consequently she now has to wear high heels as a nessesity.

I have been wearing high heels since the late sixties and the same thing is happening to me. I have started wearing 4" heels more in the last couple of years and I have noticed how tight the tendons in the back of my heel feels when I walk in flat shoes. Two years ago I jumped off of a boat and pulled the calf muscle in my leg. It was extremly painful and the only relief I could get was to wear a pair of 4" heel court shoes to releve the streach on the muscle, it took weeks to heal.

I have been off work for the last year and have been wearing 4" heels most days. When I went back to work recently I really noticed how tight my calf muscles were when I walked in flat shoes. I soon pulled a calf muscle when I had to run, fortunatly it healed up in a week.

I have not had any trouble with my arches, but my knees are painful, but I can't be sure that wearing high heels has caused that.

What I can say with certainty is that wearing high heels changes the shape of your legs. They shorten the tendons in your legs and they make your calfs more muscular and they alter the shape of your toes, even my wife say's that I have got women's legs.

On the plus side I can wear 4" heel court shoes all day without any problems, which is more than can be said for my wife and daughter.

But yes, you could turn into a high heeled woman. The trouble with high heels is that they are very addictive, once you start wearing them there is no going back and before you know it, you got womans legs. I know it happened to me.

Skirted-Uk

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Wow. Skirted, do you find the situation problematic? I mean, do you find our life's changed much because your legs are starting to change? I think it would be strange to wake up one morning and find out you've got a pair of womens legs :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

I suppose I have shortened tendons now, having worn heels openly for 5 years and Bertulli lifts for the previous 7 or 8. I too like hill walking (going down is great ! ), but I find a great help is to put one of the Bertulli wedges from inside a worn-out pair, in my hiking boots. That gives me possibly a 1 1/2" lift which makes all the difference. About knee pain .... because I have girly legs, these are relatively light compared with the rest of my body .... 17" neckband, 42" chest, 34" waist, I have to be careful about overloading them. I find bicycling regularly (every day if possible) keeps the joints moving at angles other than that for high heels, blows out the clag from the cardiovascular system, and absorbs the calories ingested by beer drinking ! Xa

But yes, you could turn into a high heeled woman. The trouble with high heels is that they are very addictive, once you start wearing them there is no going back and before you know it, you got womans legs. I know it happened to me.

Sounds very familiar, as you can read on my website I already past that point of no return some time ago. Do any of you guys living on heels also have such problems (tendons and calves) when skiing for a week?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I doubt I'll ever become a permanent high-heeled man. At the moment it's totally out of the question, as I spend a few evenings a week in heels, and that's pretty much it. I don't think I'd want to, as I'd want to keep up with my little one, and for that I'd need to be wearing running shoes. But I have noticed after a weekend in heels that Mondays feel a little odd, and I get an occasional tug down my calves that day. Oh well, it's nice to feel a reminder of the weekend.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Wow. Skirted, do you find the situation problematic? I mean, do you find our life's changed much because your legs are starting to change?

I think it would be strange to wake up one morning and find out you've got a pair of womens legs :wink:

Hi Alex,

Since my wife told me that I have womens legs, I'm very self-concious about showing them in public. but most important I have to be very careful not to pull a tendon, I have done it twice so far, running and jumping down. It's extremley painful and you can't put your foot flat on the floor, so you end up back in high heels.

I don't know how long it took for my legs to change, I only noticed it when I started pulling tendons and my wife started commenting on the shape of my legs.

I have been wearing high heels for about 25 years, I nearly always wear them with a straight skirt which also makes you walk differently.

I think it's possibly a combination of wearing high heels with straight skirts that might have caused the change in my legs over the years.

My advice is don't wear 5" or 6" heels, stick to 4" heels if you are going to wear high heels for long periods. Try to cycle as much as you can with plenty of walking in flat shoes. Try and get some shoes with 2.5" or 3" heels, dificault to get I know, but you can get them at www.haywayshoes.co.uk

If you are really worried about it, keep checking the circumference of your calf muscles with your foot flat on the ground and look to see if your little toes are starting to go under the toe next to it. All my toes are now cramped together in the shape of a womans court shoe.

I just hope that I never have to go to a Chiropodist :D

Skirted-UK

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Sounds very familiar, as you can read on my website I already past that point of no return some time ago. Do any of you guys living on heels also have such problems (tendons and calves) when skiing for a week?

Yes I have pulled tendons and calf muscles jumping and running because I wear high heels.

I know what it's like to pull tendons. I pulled or tore almost all of them in my right leg in an accident a few years back. I'm not really worried for myself since I haven't worn heels that long(heck, you've worn them longer than I've been around :wink: ).

I wish I was a size 10

Skirted - to something else you said:

My advice is don't wear 5" or 6" heels, stick to 4" heels if you are going to wear high heels for long periods

Are they that bad for you?

I wish I was a size 10

Skirted - to something else you said:

Are they that bad for you?

I have only ever had one pair of 6" heel court shoes and that was 15 years ago. I still have them because I hardly ever wear them, they are too high for me and they do my knees in. althought I used to like wearing them when I was driving, properly not the safest thing to do :wink:

Hi Alex.

I had never given this much thought until you brought it up, but back in the 60's when high heels were worn more often, you would see lot's of women with very muscular calfs, the lads would say, "she's got horney legs" I used to think it was natural at the time and did not connect it with wearing high heels, until I had an affair with a woman who was 15 years older than me. She had very muscular calfs which I found quite attractive. She told me that it was because she had always worn high heels from a teenager. (she was 38 at the time.) she also told me that she found flat shoes uncomfortable, I did not realise then that the tendons in her legs must have shortened so much that it was uncomfortable for her to put her foot flat on the ground. Having worn high heels myself since the 70's I can understand the problems she had.

I have noticed that women who dress more like men and wear flat shoes don't have such attarctive legs.

Skirted-uk

• 2 weeks later...

No I dont worry anything about it.I don´t like to go flat so I´m happy if I can´t later on. The higher the better.I´m worring abuot my strength in my ankels.It´s not strong at all.But I´m training that by using stiletto heels. I´m using 4-5" stilettos to strengthen it up. Takes tim but hwos in a hurry? Jankas

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

• 2 weeks later...

I have worn high heels now for over 30 years and have had little trouble because of it. I don't wear anything over 5 inches and only wear those shoes if my wife and I are going out to a formal occassion. Daily, I wear 3 and 4 inch heels to work. If you don't wear the real high heels often, I don't think there will be much of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

There is at least one bad thing I discover after wearing heels for a couple years. I used to play soccer but now when I kick the ball, my ankle hurts like hell. I only wear heels part time, 3-4 inches. I guess must be after the arch developed, making my ankle too sensitive. A couple times I almost twisted my ankles, after jumping in the air; somehow, my feet was trying to land as if i was wearing high heels. Oops, sneaker has no heels! That's how i almost twisted my ankles. I think i might have learn the sport all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

in recent months ive been wearing heels more often and personally id like to be a permanant high heeled man. i find my back hurts less when i wear heels and i like the look of them.

the fastest way to this man's heart is with nice legs in high heels

I can see the attraction of being permanently high heeled... it's something I've wondered about. If I hadn't had a child, then maybe... but I worry about the effect on him of me not being able to play football with him, run after him on his bike, and so on. So I guess it'll have to stay something to wonder about. Oh well.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

No, I'd have shoes over football any day of the week! I just used football as an example of what I'd have to give up!

• 1 month later...