Pick your favourite shoe

Hi I am back again to tell you that next year I will be twice as crazy. You may remember that I recently posted a thread about doing a 5 mile walk in 7.5'' XTC826 sandals which had 4’’ thick platforms. Just to let you know that I easily completed this distance with no muscle pains and only 3 small blisters. It took me 3.5 hours to complete. The walk was done to raise money for the HELP FOR HEROES charity. I raised £723. As I promised my wife, I would double the distance to 10 miles next year to raise money for CANCER RESEARCH if I completed 5 miles. Well now I want you to help me again. I have no doubt that I can do 10 miles but I want the help of the forum members to choose my heels for the picture I have posted showing 6 styles. My favourite is the CANDY 09 style. Full specs are below: CANDY 09 = 6.5’’ HEEL + 2.5 PLATFORM & 4’’ RISE DELIGHT 609 & 677 = 5.75’’ HEEL + 1.75 PLATFORM & 4’’ RISE KISS 209 = 6’’ HEEL + 2’’ PLATFORM & 4’’ RISE LIP 109 =5’’ HEEL + .1/2’’ PLATFORM & 4.5’’ RISE SEDUCE 208 = 5’’ HEEL + THIN SOLE & 5’’ RISE You don’t have to base your choice on any particular reason. You can just pick the one you like or which one you would pick to walk 10 miles in. Also if any forum member would be interested in participating in this walk next year than send me a message. The walk will be taking place in Swansea in the UK. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU HAPPY HEELING KRAZY KEV :):lmao::):lmao::)

post-17818-13352289224_thumb.jpg

10 miles? that's a loooooooooong walk in heels! I think my first recommendation would be the Delight-667. That shoe has a soft cushioned insole, 1 peice molded platform/heel, a closed heel, and criss-cross straps. That shoe will certainly offer the most support and comfort. With a nice rubber non-slip heel pad and some moleskin to protect the top of your toes you should be good to go! 2nd choices would be between the delight-609, kiss-209, and Lip-109. Those are also all 1 peice platforms with padded insoles. But the ankle strap does not offer too much support...at least for a 10 mile walk! My last choice would be the Candy-09 because you will experience more flex in the heel due to a 2 peice design. On top of that, that heel is not contoured correctly for optimal support (notice how the shank is not centered under the heel, but is more towards the edge). I am also not a fan of the angled sole of the platform. But that may be just personal preference because find them kinda weird to walk in. And lastly, no cushioned insole which will become uncomfortable, also cause more slippage and could lead to more blisters. oh, and the seduce-208 will have a bit of flex in the heel, offers no cushion, has a hard plastic sole compared to a rubber sole on the others, and although I LOVE a steep arch, these would not be too good for a 10 mile walk. Good luck!! Sounds like a great event to take part in. (and a GREAT excuse to walk in heels) :)

I can see what you mean on the CANDY 09 heel. The only problem with the DELIGHT styles is that they only go up to size UK9. although i can get it on ok i was hoping to go up a size to allow for my feet swelling as they no doubt will when walking 10 miles. based on your opinion i think i would go for the KISS 209 followed by LIP 109. the KISS 209 has a lower rise. i will be walking on a smooth tar footpath. the padded insole will be a definite advantage. when i done my 5 mile walk the XTC826 i was wearing was ok but could have been a bit bigger. the insole was not padded at all although i found them easy to walk in. just for information it was also the very first time i have worn high heels. it is not that i like high heels but just a crazy way to get attention while trying to raise money (it works as well). i had only stood in them for 4 hours in a shop foyer to promote my walk. dont forget if you want to come to swansea and join me on my 10 mile walk and raise money for a good cause then let me know. it is not a race

hi. i have already posted this question in another part of the forum. i have posted it again elsewhere as i am not having many responses. i want forum users to pick one pair of heels for me so i can participate in a 10 mile walk for charity next year. i have already done a similar 5 mile walk in heels. i have posted a picture with a shortlist of 6 pairs that i think are ideal. just pick one pair and send a reply. i know this sounds a krazy question but it is all in aid of a very good cause which is cancer research. i will of course let everyone know how i get on. many thanks K K PS the lip and kiss styles are my current favourites followed by the 2 pink pairs:unsure::):unsure:

post-17818-133522892494_thumb.jpg

The Lip 109 would be my first choice followed closely by the Seduce 208. Both pairs look like they would be easy to walk long distances while wearing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

None. Don't wear real fem looking shoes or open toe. But for wife, lip 109.

im not too much worried if they look too feminine as i will be wearing them for a charity walk so i need to get as much attention as possible. sandals allow my feet to breathe and stay cooler

I agree with Bubba. Tall platforms don't seem the best for a marathon.

so which one LIP or SEDUCE?. Oh by the way i have already done a 5 mile walk in a pair of XTC826 which is what my avatar is. it was easy so im not worried about the platforms

Response so far.. Well the votes have been coming in fairly well. Just to inform you the most popular style so far in order is: 1/ LIP 109 with more than twice the votes of the next style 2/ SEDUCE 208 3/ DELIGHT 677 4/ CANDY 09 5/ KISS 209 6/ DELIGHT 609 Thanks so far for the votes but keep them coming in. i think that the top style will be a good choice if it wins as the platform is not too thick and it has a padded insole. Im not sure if they will be much easier to walk in than the XTC 826 as the rise is an extra inch. Anyway thanks for the votes and keep them coming Krazy Kev

• 3 months later...

I'd say Delight 609. I've ordered a pair in white two weeks ago. Still waiting for them to arrive, i'm so excited!

i have a pair of 609ln's which are basically the same except for some lines around the heel and sole. they are very comfortable as they have padded insoles. i think you will be very pleased with them. the heel is only 10mm round so if you do a lot of walking you may be better off tipping them with steel heel tips. they only cost about £6 a pair to do:smile::blinkbigeyes::smile:

i have a pair of 609ln's which are basically the same except for some lines around the heel and sole. they are very comfortable as they have padded insoles. i think you will be very pleased with them. the heel is only 10mm round so if you do a lot of walking you may be better off tipping them with steel heel tips. they only cost about £6 a pair to do:smile::blinkbigeyes::smile:

I've already have two pairs from the delight series and i'm very happy with them. (Delight 601 in clear, and Delight 685 in Black) Along with the 609's in white i ordered a pair of Delight 654 in white. :pulsingheart: I really love the Delight series. :happy:

Even though I may not particularly like any of your choices for my attiring, I am willing to support your heeling activities. Who am I to decide what you should wear? High heels are shoes to be worn by those who choose them. So what if society has branded all heels for women only. This fashion attitude is subject to change, like it has done through out history. We will never be able to wear the heels we choose, if we don't wear them now and show the world we have just as much claim to wearing whatever type of heels as women have enjoyed.