Ok, Definitely Need Bootcut Jeans...

SandalFan

I just made an interesting observation a little bit ago... Men's regular-fit, straight-leg jeans look really awkward with a pair of 4" stiletto ankle boots when viewed from the front. I look like I'm wearing a pair of those uniform pants from the original Star Trek series, where the pant legs stuck out over the top of their boots when tucked in, only I don't tuck my jeans in. My jeans create the illusion of that look just by how far above the boots the pant cuffs stop. I've attached a pic I just took to demonstrate. The white spots are smudges on the mirror. So, yeah... definitely need to buy a pair of bootcut jeans to wear with my boots...

post-2099-13352289241_thumb.jpg

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

At least someone is catching on! I've seen tons of pics of men wearing heels with mens jeans, and sorry to tell ya guys, it looks horrible (my opinion anyway) If yer gonna wear heels, might as well better compliment them with women's jeans. Belive me, i own more women's jeans than men. They look, and fit better, you'll be amazed!

I'm not buying women's jeans. I'm going to buy men's bootcut.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I totally agree with Newfie, women's jeans are so much better to wear with heels, and I think just are cut so much nicer all of the way around. I too own more women's jeans than men's jeans now and wear them both with heels and with other shoes. At the very least, guys should get men's bootcut jeans to wear with heels. But don't forget to add at least a couple of inches to the inseam to accommodate the heel. Unless of course you want to tuck your boots into your jeans, but that's a whole other story...

Style is built from the ground up!

Many manufacturers cut and size differently so try some out to see whats best. I must admit I'm a bit of a tightwad and as mostly I work in jeans it makes more sense for cheaper sources. Based on 4" heels no platform. Asda/Walmart 31" boot cut is slightly long <1" when in work shoes and hang <2-3" high with a tight belt I can and do loosen off to get less heel show but I loose the "correct" bum fit and they are now baggy. 33" feel like I'm back in the sixty's with super flares and now over long again, but 33 easy fit sits perfect with only the seam height that sinks below the heel. Girl cut seem to be in even leg length which may be a better length, however I have never been able to put up with tight jeans and even "loonpants" only stayed on for a few hours. Ultimately I get the sewing machine out! or find some size 16(?) 32"leg and give it a try. Al

You should read this thread, it has LOTS of good information:

http://www.hhplace.org/general_fashion/9315-wearing_girl_jeans_parallel_wearing_heels.html

I think the length is always 'real' - '33' is 33 length. The size can vary depending where you buy it. For example at Lane Bryant (pretty popular place, they take your waist and hip measurements, and converts that to their own size. For example, 38" waist, 40"-43" hips, converts to their "3 Yellow" size (http://www.lanebryant.com/content_popup.jsp?pageName=RightFitNotSure). I'm sure at other stores you might want to shop at, they'll have similar sizing information online, so based on measurements, you know what size to get in their jeans.

After reading so many posts from so many men who wear women's jeans, I am and have been temped to buy a pair. I wear 34 waist and 32 inseam in men's jeans. What size should I look for in women's jeans?

You and I have about the same measurements. With a 34 inch waist, I usually get a 14, and occasionally a 16 in women's jeans. Most women's jeans come in lengths as well, but are usually measuers as short (30"-31") average (32"-33"), and tall (34"-35"). Since I wear a 32" inseam typically in men's jeans, I have an assortment in both average and tall lengths to work with various heel heights. This sizing is also true for women's pants.

Another issue that you have to be aware of in buying women's jeans or trousers is their cut. Many are low rise or sit below the waist, which is OK, but not everybody likes them. I even have some high waited pants, which again takes a little getting used to if you are only accustomed to wearing men's bottoms. Also, I have noticed that women's boot cut jeans are a bit wider at the foot than man's boot cut jeans. This is just an observation that may or may not be true. I like flare jeans and wide leg a lot as well, which give a whole other option for making heels look great.

My suggestion is that you take one of your outings and go try some on. I prefer to shop in smaller stores, where you get more personal service. However, department stores and close out stores (such as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Filene's Basement (misspelled I am sure), Stein Mart, etc.) in the US offer great styles and brands as well.

Style is built from the ground up!

...My suggestion is that you take one of your outings and go try some on...

An alternative for not-too-distant stores is to buy a few pairs of different styles, sizes, etc, take them home and try them on, and then return whichever ones you don't want. If questioned, you can easily say, "I'm buying for my wife/gf/SO, and aren't sure exactly which ones will be best for her...". If you buy from a larger department store (Walmart, Target, Sears), you'll probably get no comments either buying or returning.

I'd also have to agree with women's jeans being best for wearing heels. In addition, the use of stretch material seems to make them more adaptable to different body shapes not to mention much more comfortable. It has gotten to the point that they are the only kind I wear whether or not I'm wearing heels.

I agree with all the others here who favor women's jeans and pants with boot cut leg. I have bought them in the local Walmarts, Targets, and JC Penney's stores and also online on the Penney's web site. I ordered a wide selection in 18W and some fit and some didn't, so I returned the ones that didn't. The nice thing about buying online or mail-order is that you can take your time trying on the jeans or pants and try them with different heel heights and different shoes to see what they look like. You won't tie up a change room or salesperson's time, either, so you can do it over a period of time to see what the clothes look like in daylight, at night, and in various poses, standing, and sitting in different chairs, etc. Steve

I Indeed value the input on womens jeans being better for the heels, however, for those of us who simply have no desire to wear womens jeans, and who need boot cut, a simple response of where to get boot cut might be in order :) I have to get all my jeans from american eagle online (no brick and mortar store carries a 32 waist with a 36 length...). their jeans are quite comfortable and not stiff at all, not to mention they come with just a little bit of stretch so you can stretch them when you pull them out of the wash. In every case, if you wanna wear girl jeans, then by all means go for it, but as for me, a non girl jean wearer, check out American Eagle.

Olounda, Look at Levi 517 jeans. These are bootcut. I have a pair and they work well with heels, yet have the looser fit to the thigh/seat area that you will not find in the ladies section. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

After reading so many posts from so many men who wear women's jeans, I am and have been temped to buy a pair. I wear 34 waist and 32 inseam in men's jeans. What size should I look for in women's jeans?

Roniheeels; I have tried on a few pairs and have settled on the Levis 505

womens size 12 long. I normally wear a mens 34/34, the 34" inseam is to cover my heels, otherwise I would wear a 34/32 like you. I found the 'long' 505s at a Levi outlet store, they are not boot cut but fit over my 5" heels very well, I think. I don't like the boot-cut style, it reminds me of the bell-bottoms I used to wear in hi-school,YUCK. PM me if you want more info

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I haven't worn a pair of men's jeans for probably 3 or 4 years now and haven't owned any for ages. With women's jeans I prefer the fit, the styles and no one cares when I wear them or when I try them on in stores. The only jeans I avoid really are embroidered styles.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005