High heels for infants?

PJ

Personally I think it's horrible :) Kids should be kids until they're old enough to make their own decisions in life and until they reach that age it's the parents responsibility to care for them and give them the right values in life. By putting high heels on an infant you instantly make them into something they're not: a reflection of our adult world where sex appeal, gender, how you look and what you wear is all that matters.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

This particular product has been around for a couple of years. While the "do gooders" are horrified at the thought of infants wearing them, I think they're cute. After all, children of that age aren't going to stand or walk around while they're wearing them. Also, I would hope that the more modern moms these days, wouldn't limit their purchasing them just for baby girls but also buy them for their little boys. They would look just as cute on baby boys as they do on baby girls. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What's next? Lacey lingerie? PVC? Rubber? Leather? Bondage gear?

Please, Dr. Shoe. Don't give anyone any ideas. Someone trying to make a buck might jump on any one of these suggestions just for the sake of supposed creativity and capitalism.

They would look just as cute on baby boys as they do on baby girls. :)

When you see a woman or man in high heels do you often think "that's so cute!"? I sure don't... I believe that high heels is a very sexually loaded subject and we already have kids dressing up in miniskirts and tiny thongs when they're as young as 10 years old. Why should we as grown ups try to take that behavior down to even younger kids and infants? Would you put a miniskirt on an infant with the same argument?

(excuse me if I sound a bit.. hot-tempered right now. I'm just very interested in learning more about how you and others think in this matter. I wan't you to know that I'm not judging, I just want to discuss it as adults :) )

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

babies of either sex less than 12 months old are often referred to as "cute." And, this is precisely the age that "babies" heels are made for. So, while I would never refer to a man wearing high heels as cute, I would refer to babies that way.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 6 months later...

I've seen a couple kids not even 10 years old wearing 2 inch heels at the local mall with their family,and it makes me wonder with wrong with their parents? We've come along way as I grew up with three sister's who I never seen wearing high heels (Penny lofers and flats yes!) untill they got into highschool/collage or move out on their own.

Dr Shoe

Bondage

Yep sometimes I would have love to have tied one of my kids up and left them elsewhere due to being a total monster (the kid that is)!

As for any other reasons or that short list.

It's a big

NO!

let kids be kids and learn with sense. Please.

It's hard enough due to copying the normal media and teen mags nowadays

Al

It seems to me after we have completed our mortal stay, we will be able to review our lives from the inception of fertilization until after the final parting of our body and spirit from this estate. Our "in the womb" experiences aren't available to our memory recall due to the difficult and traumatic processes of birth. For a time after birth, infant bodies are in the process of upgrading many bodily functions adapting to the new existence. The need to suck on something has more meaning when they realize that it is the way they can receive nourishment, instead of a tube attached directly into their digestive system. As to how babies develop from this point is more on an individual level of choice and effect. In this described scenario of infancy, I wouldn't know if a baby would care what they had on their feet as long as it wasn't restrictive and it kept them comfortable. High heels on an infant would only have an immediate effect on people who are cognizant of the social ramifications and their perception of the way life should proceed. I agree with those who feel that while a child is growing up, certain measures need to be taken to make sure the child develops properly. Heels somewhat restrict the full walking process so it is better for children to wait until after they have gone through puberty to don heels higher than the thickness of their big toe.

I think that it takes the glory out of "graduating to heels." My parents wouldn't have put heels on me when I was an infant. I won't put them on my kids when I have them. I think that on a growing person it could be hard on the tendons of a 6 or 7 yr old. To put them on an infant just takes the fun out of it for them. Heels would become a casual wear and wouldn't be as appreciated.