Put on Your Big Girl Shoes!

Jamie001

I have been trying an experiment for the past several weeks whenever I am not at work. Instead of wearing my black Siamanto HH Sandals, I have been wearing bright red Siamanto HH Sandals. The heel is only a 3 inch wedge, but I roll-up my jeans to ensure that the heel can be easily seen. I also get professional pedicures every two weeks and my toenails are always perfectly pedicured and polished in bright red. The combination of the Red HH Sandals with the Red Toenail Polish really screams "Look at my pretty HH Sandals!". There is no doubt that I am wearing red girl's shoes. I have received several compliments on the shoes within the past two weeks and have been wearing them everywhere. My favorite place to wear them is Home Depot and Pep Boy. These places are full of macho contractor types and macho motor-heads. It is really amusing watching them sneak looks at my shoes or just try to completely ignore them. I wonder how many of them would secretly like to wear high heels. I am going to continue to wear Red high heel sandals whenever I am not at work. I am proud that I wear women's shoes rather than boring men's shoes and I will continue to wear red to ensure that most everyone will notice them. After all, the point is to show-off your pretty shoes! My advice is to "put on your big girl shoes" and get out there and show the world that you are proud of wearing high-heels. Confidence is everything and the fear is only in your mind. Jamie

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I live in South Orange County California. Specifically, Laguna Niguel. Orange County is a very conservative area. I look at wearing high heels as nothing more than an expression of fashion. In other words, me walking into Pep Boys wearing HH is no different than another guy walking in wearing a purple mohawk or being covered in tattoos. In my opinion the latter are more extreme. The only difference is that my expression is feminine. Today I was shopping at Home Goods in Lake Forest and a very pretty young lady approached me and as she looked down at my shoes said "I love your shoes". She was wearing a pair of Nine West Heels. I told her that my shoes were Siamanto and were from Nordstrom Rack in South Coast Plaza. She also complimented me on my red pedicure that perfectly matched my shoes. We talked for about 5 minutes in the middle of the isle about HH, nail polish, and nail salons while there were a lot of other shoppers that could hear our conversation. She also told me that her son wears burgundy nail polish on his toes. It was really a fun encounter because our conversation was entirely "girl talk" and was very enjoyable.

Guys, it is important to remember that the fear is really 95 percent in your own mind and as JeffB or other folks here can tell you, it is all about how you carry yourself and that you project confidence. If you act like a scared rabbit, you will just freak people out; not because you are wearing high heels, but just because you will come-off as "freaky".

You may be wondering why I said "95 percent in your own mind". The reason is that there are some areas where I would not venture, for example, redneck or biker bars. On the other hand, places like Pep Boys and Home Depot are really fun. I really wonder how many of those macho guys with their pseudo macho images would like to be wearing my pretty red heels with red polished toenails to match. I'll bet that there are a lot of guys that would like to but would be too afraid to admit it. Just wear your heels with confidence and pride and if you wear open toes, make sure you have a professional pedicure with polished nails. You will get a lot of compliments from women.

Disclaimer: The heeled sandals that I wear are either block we wedge and are 3 to 3.5 inches. I have never tried wearing stillettos or a very thin heel because I don't believe that it looks good on me. Therefore I don't have any experience with how folks react to thin stiletto heels.

P.S.

Several weeks ago, my wife and a friend of her's went up the California Coast on a little vacation to San Simeon. Her and I wear the same size and we are into the same types of sandals. We traded Sandals for the entire trip and I got to wear some interesting and fun styles. It was really a fun trip. I wore her heels on the tour of Hearst Castle at San Simeon.

Put on your Big Girl Shoes and show the world that you are proud of wearing Girl's Shoes. When people ask about your shoes, tell them that men's shoes are boring and that high heels were invented by men and for men.

Jamie

That is really cool.

Just curious, in what part of the United States do you live? I couldn't imagine walking into a Pep-Boys in Mesa, AZ.

See ya,

Larry

I'm going away for the weekend to visit my gf who's away for school. In light of this thread I think I'm gonna try wearing a pair of my pointed toe stiletto boots over skinny jeans. I've done it around the house but never in public, and I have alot of nice boots I would like to start showing off, so maybe this will get me over that hump.

Here's a link to me wearing them over jeans, I may go with a black blazer and a funky T shirt instead of the sweater and scarf in the pic.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me194.jpg

I'm going away for the weekend to visit my gf who's away for school. In light of this thread I think I'm gonna try wearing a pair of my pointed toe stiletto boots over skinny jeans. I've done it around the house but never in public, and I have alot of nice boots I would like to start showing off, so maybe this will get me over that hump.

Here's a link to me wearing them over jeans, I may go with a black blazer and a funky T shirt instead of the sweater and scarf in the pic.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me194.jpg

Nice look. Good luck on your outing. I hope you have fun and enjoy your time out and about.

My favorite place to wear them is Home Depot and Pep Boy. These places are full of macho contractor types and macho motor-heads. It is really amusing watching them sneak looks at my shoes or just try to completely ignore them. I wonder how many of them would secretly like to wear high heels.

Jamie

Way to go dude! I too am a fan of going into the Big Male Macho construction, biker , tough guy places wearing heels. Just because I hate that attitude! I really enjoy watching that tough guy watch me and wander what is really going on inside his head.:):)

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...

Why is it too risky in that part of Europe? I don't understand. It is just shoes and certainly not illegal.

hello! I'm new here. I'm live Eatern Europe. I have never worn high heels in public, but I like it very much. Unfortuanetly it's too risky this part of Europe...