European Sizing

RonC

Hi all, I have heard in a few circles that the European and UK womens shoes tend to be slightly more generous in width than the typical US styles. Has anyone purchased from both sides of the pond, and if so, can they report on any type of possible "trend" in sizing. If a UK 9 is supposedly equivalent to a US 11, would the overall fit be similar or slightly larger or smaller? Input would be appreciated, as I am thinking of buying some shoes from the UK to be sent to the US.

A UK mens 9 is the same as a US womens 12 and a Woman's 9 is equivalent to a US 11. This is only because of the width. To answer the original question it does vary according to manufacturer and where the factory was. Italian shoes tend to be narrower whilst shoes made in the UK tend to be wider. I hope this helps.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

A UK mens 9 is the same as a US womens 12 and a Woman's 9 is equivalent to a US 11. This is only because of the width.

To answer the original question it does vary according to manufacturer and where the factory was. Italian shoes tend to be narrower whilst shoes made in the UK tend to be wider. I hope this helps.

sadly that has left me very disappointed!!

lucky no order was placed!!

was about to order, when we went past a place that stocks pleaser shoes, just not the style that was looking for, the wife tried out a pair in here size, (we very close in size) and it was way too tight, now I need a slightly wider shoe ten she does, and it did not fit her!! gess what it wont fit me, and will not be ordering over the net, as not sure what will fit or not fit when it arives!!

yep different manufactures will vary in sizes !!:mecry:making life difficult!!

A UK mens 9 is the same as a US womens 12 and a Woman's 9 is equivalent to a US 11. This is only because of the width.

To answer the original question it does vary according to manufacturer and where the factory was. Italian shoes tend to be narrower whilst shoes made in the UK tend to be wider. I hope this helps.

So I hope what I am reading is that UK shoes tend, and I emphasize the word tend, to run a bit wider than the US sizes. I can easily wear an 11 if it is wider, but most US styles I have to go up to a 12. Thanks for your input!