Why are women's shoes more comfortable???

For me, women's shoes are more comfortable (especially heels) because I have very narrow feet and very high arches. Any shoe with a higher heel is more comfortable, but mny women's shoes and narrower thatn men's shoes.

For me, women's shoes are more comfortable (especially heels) because I have very narrow feet and very high arches. Any shoe with a higher heel is more comfortable, but mny women's shoes and narrower thatn men's shoes.

I too have the narrow high arched feet that are served more comfortably by a reasonably high heel.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

My general footwear is steadily coming from the womens dept too, over the last few months I've been asking myself the same question. For as long as i can remember i have hated wearing men's shoes, uncomfortable and UGLY and up until the last few years i've been wearing cowboy boots most of the time, (when i'm not at work wearing even worse ToeTectors) as they are far smarter than 'trainers' (dirty word), but in the last 2-3 years i've been dipping my toe into the womens section of 'Next' size 43. Apart from the summer, I'm now wearing women's boots nearly all of the time when i go out at the weekend, either under or over jeans, i'm not going back. 1) Men's cowboy boot heels are hard and send a shock up your leg every stride. 2) The leather is softer and moulds to my foot better so i can now wear 43 (the proper length of my foot) rather than 44's or 45's. 3) On the colder days my ankles are warm, i'd just put up with the cold draughts and hadn't noticed, can't have been doing me any good. 4) I can wear 3" cuban heels all day and i still don't feel the need to take them off and let my feet recover when i get in. I could go on. . . .

• 2 months later...

Same here I can wear 3" heels all day and i still don't feel the need to take them off and let my feet recover when i get in. Actually I been wearing my 9 west day and night all except when at the shop where the owner hates high heels. Another thing with me also all of my shoes are from the women's department. I just find them more comfortable. Besides I Just find they fit me better. Anyway one possible reason may be that most of the persons that find the shoes from the women's department more comfortable wound up here.

• 1 month later...

Hi; Am a new member here and hope to post often on topics of high heels and other things. One common statement I hear often from men who wear high heel shoes, panties or other feminine clothing is that it makes them feel feminine. I just don't know what that means, or how it feels. Can anyone give me an answer? Electric

Edited by Shafted
Too much information

Same as every one else I think, men's styles are very boring and women seem to have much more of a choice and a better range, job I have means I am restricted to the boring lace up men's shoes. So to let off steam I always wear my next boots, long work boots high leg 3" heels, and they are the most comfortable boots I have. I only wear boots now by the way. I have walked miles in them frequently and never have sore feet or legs, so high heels are comfortable. Plus due to a problem with my legs, my doctor has insisted that I need to wear tight leggings all the time, hows that for luck, any one asks now, doctors orders, great with my boots too. Supplied some pictures.

post-28817-133522974397_thumb.jpg

post-28817-133522974413_thumb.jpg

post-28817-133522974425_thumb.jpg

post-28817-133522974441_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I dont wear a lot of women shoes but i would womens over the knee boots or thighhigh boots every day if i could,but i agree with every one else i love womens boots so much because they are light weight nice and snug to your foot and comfy

women's shoes "fit" better because they strengthen the soul. The shoes are colorful and add height and style and that whole concept of better ventilation with the open-toed styles make them very appealling. I, like roniheels, have very high arches so a higher heel suits me well. The fact that I am only 5'8.5" tall so my frame screams for heels! HappyinHeels

Maby we also want them to be more comfortable even tough they aren't.

I mean a psychological thing in our brains.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

• 1 month later...

It depends on the style and construction of the shoe. Some styles of women's shoes are comfy, while other sales are uncomfortable. Same for men's shoes. But for me, women's shoes always look nicer and are more stylish. A comfy women's shoe / sandal that is stylish is a win win!!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

This time I went back to the beginning to review every post in this subject. So already said that all my shoes come from the girls side and for me there is a psycosimatic thing there but there are some other things. Like I have a pair of work boots women's 11 wide and they make my toes hurt. They came from one of the lowest price thrift stores so for $2.70 it was doable. As to why I would wear something that hurts my feet is the total lack of heel making them acceptable at the shop where I did hang out until apr 12. Here at the new shop the owner is cool but afraid of what customers will think of it. Now to cover the other side of womens shoes being lighter and more flexible I can say that any sort of an absolute. Somewhere in my colection is a pair of women's work oxfords made by one of those heavy duty shoe brands and they are thick material and heavy in the sence of avois du pois and inn every other way and stiff as a brick. But narrow enough for a good fit. This also brings to mind some of my thoughts about unisex shoe styles and I still wonder what are we going to do about that thing about wide and narrow. Most shoe stores that have women's shoes long enough for me I have a fair chance of a good fit but when it comes to those stores touting women's up to size 16 then we get into the crossdressing thing and those shoes are all in men's width.