Few Large Sizes

RonC

Having a men's size 13 it can be difficult but I've used www.barefoottess.com a few times. Most recently I ordered a pair of boots that was on their no return listing that fit with no problems. I ordered the item on Sunday evening and had it on my door step by Tuesday morning. I believe they do their shipping during the normal business week so if you order on a Friday it'll take a bit longer.

Both times I've had good turn around times with the company. I've not had to try their return policy so I can't help with that.

This is the most recent pair of boots I got.

http://static.zoovy.com/img/barefoottess/W265-H210-Bffffff/A/allblacklongbootcoffee011.jpg

I realize they don't have much of a heel. But they do come up to mid thigh and feel wonderful.

Cheers

there are two reasons for this;

1. There are more big foot girls around.

2. There are more guys buying them.

Dr Shoe, that would be great, but then it should not last: seing all the large sizes sold so quickly, the retailers would have understood they could do good business in these sizes...

I am afraid that doesn't fit.

I wear a 46 in men size. 10 years ago, I could enter any mens shoe shop and have my size in a number of models. Today, you hardly find a size 45. On ten shops, one have one pair in 46, and nine doesn't have any.

And I know many men that wear this size.

• 2 weeks later...

... I wear a 46 in men size. 10 years ago, I could enter any mens shoe shop and have my size in a number of models. Today, you hardly find a size 45. On ten shops, one have one pair in 46, and nine doesn't have any.

And I know many men that wear this size.

I'm surprised at your experience; I assume this is in France. I am in the UK and usually wear a UK11 (45) shoe, sometimes a UK12 (46). Forty years ago, no normal high street shoe shop in England would stock anything bigger for men than a size 11, and then only in limited styles. But, since then, size 11 has become standard stock and it has been increasingly easy to find many styles in size 12 and even 13.

I haven't detected any reversal of this trend owing to the recession (or other commercial excuses for poor supply) and I am sure that it recognises that (a) men's feet are getting bigger; and (:D the younger men needing the big sizes want to wear fashionable, non-boring men's shoes (there are a few around!) so cannot be ignored by the manufacturers or retailers. (I'm not complaining; I can buy better men's shoes off-the-shelf now than at any time since c1960, when winklepickers and cuban heels were mainstream fashion. :smile:)

I must say that it does appear that larger womens sizes are making somewhat of a return. As I mentioned in another thread, the Nine West outlet near me has darn near every shoe in a size 12. And even Payless seems to be bringing in a somewhat larger selection in big sizes again (though nowhere near the good old days when all styles were carried in 11 and 12s). And some of the Nordstorm Rack stores even carry a selection of 13s and 14s to go with a generally wide choice of 12s. So there is at least some hope for us big foots!

Just a straw poll to see if things are any different from the time the original thread was posted............ About 50 models UK10/11 are available on bigshoeboutique.co.uk (mostly heels) Well over 60 models of heeled shoes in a UK10 wide on Evans.co.uk So some choice (didnt check magnusshoes) but would imagine a few on there. So tiny compared to mainstream size ranges but its picking up and as more younger females are getting taller and subsequently larger feet, will only increase, economic downturn or not.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I wear a mens 12 in almost all mens shoes but have found that if ordering off the Nine West website, I can order a size 12 and it fits great. It seems their sizes run a little large. I have just got these in and wearing them now.. FABULOUS!! I have another pair of 4.5" black leather oxfords I picked up first that are my favorite. Nine West has become my dream company for heels. 4-4.5 inch heels on most things. I would love a little higher at times but at least these fit!

post-5382-133522940341_thumb.jpg

I wear a mens 12 in almost all mens shoes but have found that if ordering off the Nine West website, I can order a size 12 and it fits great. It seems their sizes run a little large. I have just got these in and wearing them now.. FABULOUS!!

I have another pair of 4.5" black leather oxfords I picked up first that are my favorite. Nine West has become my dream company for heels. 4-4.5 inch heels on most things.

I would love a little higher at times but at least these fit!

I find that interesting as for me personally, I do have some problems with Nine west actually running small. Maybe small is not the right word, but tight in the tow box. I guess my problem is width more than length, as while I have discomfort in the front part of the shoe, the back tends to slip off when I walk. You're right about Nine West having a nice selection however. And I do enjoy going to their outlet store and trying things on now that they carry size 12 in the store!

...I have just got these in and wearing them now.. FABULOUS!!

Your wedge gladiator sandals are very nice: Well done !

I ordered a similar pair (in brown) from Spring Shoes in size 10 because

they don't offer size 11 anymore claiming their size 10 is larger than before.

I had to return them because they were a little bit too short.

It is quite unfortunate they don't sell anything in size 11 anymore... :smile: