For the heck of it

hjt101

I had to fly to Las Vegas last week, so I thought it was a good chance to get some heeling in. I packed all flats, and put on my heels. My trip was going to be the shuttle bus from home, to the airport, passing thru customs/immigration, then fly to Vegas. I put on a pair of Fergie (Jonas) purple sandals, and proceeded to walk out my door. Two blocks later, I was waiting for the shuttle bus, boarded that with no incident. We had to stop at the US border for clearance, got off, cleared the authorities there, then off to the airport. Had to take them off going thru TSA, then climbed back on board, and onto my plane. I had an aisle seat, so I know a few people might have noticed. after landing, I had to change in a washroom, as the friend who was picking me up is very conservative. All went fine, I think a few people might have noticed, but no comments were made. I caught a few kids trying to sneak a peak. I chose the Fergies, as they don't make a real loud heeling sound, but still a noticeable noise. Gotta do it again next flight.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

It was a lot of fun, no real comments. My only wish is that they were a bit more of a subtle color than a purple snake print. Been heeling around town in those shoes a few times since then with no 'real' reactions. When I wear the clicky-clicky ones, I do get a few more looks.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Great story! Flying while heeling is something I have yet to try, but since I don't fly that often, it may never come up. I do admire all of you who do it or have done it though. As for wanting shoes that were more subtle, after wearing purple shoes on your outing, and not having any terrible incident, sounds like they were perfect to me! Besides, purple goes with just about everything anyway....

Style is built from the ground up!

I did this quite a few times over the past two years. I flew from Zurich to London and back several times wearing 4" boots under my jeans. My experience during these trips are that airports are a very comfortable environment for heeling. I never had any negative comments and rarely stares. However, passing security is a bit of a rush: Do they want one to take off the heels or not? Once, they send me back through the detector because the heels set it to alarm. In this case you can be certain of the attention of the other people in the queue behind you :). To sum it up, I really can recommend travelling in heels. -softmover

I went very subtle that day. It was a black pair of jeans and a shirt. The heels were mostly hidden when standing, but visible when I was seated. The heels are about 4 inches, so not extremely high.

Were there and unusual reactions when people noticed your high heels? I also love the sound of the clicking of high heels on the pavement or tile floor. That seems to be the time they draw attention to you.