Gorilla Glue to recement platforms?

I was wondering if anyone has used Gorilla Glue - or even Gorilla SuperGlue to re-glue platform heels that start to separate from the rest of the shoe/boot. I just got mine to where they're nice and comfy, and don't want to throw them away.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I once had a place on the toe box of a pair of heels where the leather top is fastened to the sole and used Gorilla Glue to refasten it. It worked very well for me. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'll give that a go then, because I just got these to where they are nice and comfy, and I don't want to have to break in another pair. If that fails, then I guess there is no choice, but that stuff *should* hold.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I use gorilla super glue a lot on my ballet ankle boots. It is about the only thing that will glue the heel tips on. I have woren several tips down and have to use heel tip material I find on wider heeld shoes from a local Goodwill store. If you rough up both heel and tip a bit then glue them on holding them in place with some tape. I have found this works well. I do a lot of my bboot practice walking on concrete floors in the warehouse where I work so the heels wear down fast. Bboots put a lot of sress on the hard rubber heel tips. I don't think reg. Gorilla glue would work ( I haven't tried it on shoes though) because I think it requires a porus surface for the glue to work it self into. I have use it on wood and it is great however it will expand and is difficult to get off your hands and the surface your glueing. There is a product that sets super glue almost instantly that I buy at a local hobby store that sells radio controled airplane kits. This stuff works great with the super glue. It's known by various names the stuff I use is called zip kicker. I have used the super glue to glue almost all parts of shoes together with good results. Hope this helps. Dr Who 3

Barge cement is commonly used for shoe repair, and many other uses. It will remain slightly flexible when dry, unlike Gorilla glue or super glue. do a google search for it. :)

here's some links:

http://www.worldathleticshoes.com/bargeglue.html

http://www.showtimedanceshoes.com/product_reviews.php/cPath/17/products_id/458