sandals

stephen in heels

I would consider them as sandals. And a pair of good locking sandals as well. My personal opinion is that sandals looks best on small female/feminin feet. I would not wear any open shoes or boots in public. Well, I might not be the right person to say this, becouse I have never worn any high heels or female footwear in public yet.

I would not wear any open shoes or boots in public.

To date my open slides are the only women's footwear I have worn in public. I wear them to go grocery shopping late at night with long pants that can show (according to how I'm feeling) as little as 1 inch of the heel to the entire shoe.

I have already done this several times and so far no one has commented on it. I'm not ready to repeat the exercise in boots yet.

I don't want to show any bare toes, so I wear black stockings or socks. I also would not wear anything that was too open or had many thin straps.

Michael

I agree, sandals have open toes. So, Sandalslover, the ones in your avatar aren't sandles, but they are very nice! And as I think I have ugly toes, I wouldn't wear sandals. I'd wear closed-toe shoes, although I'd need to get a little braver to do that one (or suffer a really hot summer in boots :wink: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I've been thinking of buying those la piazza sandals for so long, are they walkable? i really love the way they look

Hi phuonginheels - they are walkable in. I actually have a pair of those with closed toes (ie. they are not sandals) and I love walking in them. Although they are very high and with thin heels, they are pretty stable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! They are one of my favourites. I bought them in Switzerland a while back.

• 5 months later...

All of my heels are sandals!! Here in California the climate is warmer and it is possible to wear sandals more often.

SF

I'm in Vegas - and from the time I arrive home until I go to bed, I'm almost always in a pair of sandals, and usually in a skirt.

Exceptions:

1. Working outside (lawn, car).

2. Going out. For this I almost always switch to a pair of jeans and heeled boots.

3. The very rare occasions my wife hase managed to drag me out of the house dressed more like I dress at home. Rare, because I'm not too particular about trying to "pass," and I'm not too particular about going out in a skirt and heels as a man. The only thing that makes it happen is that a) my wife insists, and :( I'm fairly androgynous, and with a touch of makeup, a few jewels in the right place, a different shirt (er, "blouse"), I can let my hair down and look fairly indistinguishable from the ladies in a skirt and sandals.

But it's really not my cup of tea. More like my wife's idea of a joke on the locals. I go along, we have fun, someone invariably does a tripled-take, and my wife's night is, some, inexplicably, complete.

And, I get to wear my most favorite attire, skirt and sandals, out on the town without a bunch of yodles staring at me!

But no, normally I'm in flats at work, and heeled boots when out on my own time.