sandals

stephen in heels

I love to wear sandals! I've got a lovely pair of pink strappy sandals with a five inch metal stiletto heel which I wear only at home. There is no way I would have the confidence to wear them outside! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

do any1 of u wear sandals? it seems alot of u just wear boots :D

Hi Stephen,

I'm also such an fanatic bootlover :D But what to do in summer? My answer is simple: Waiting for autumn and wearing meanwhile sandals!

I own a pair of pretty black platform sandals (6'' heels and 2'' soles). But at the moment I'm looking for more modest models or nice clogs because I like to wear my heels in public :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I've been wearing heeled sandals all my life (mostly wedges as seen on http://highluc.net )and if you look you can find some which aren't too outrageous and also can be worn with shorts. They are just another form of shoes so where is the problem.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Stephen hi, Boots can be a bit too hot for the summer and it's nice to let the air get to your feet. Why don't you get some platforms and wear them with long jeans which would cover them quite well. Personally I would just go for it and enjoy yourself :wink: Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I went out with a friend recently who wore his J Lo boots in beige suede. I was excited as I love to study people and couldn't wait to see the look on peoples faces, but I was disappointed. Everyone seemed to be rushing around minding their own business. The only time I noticed someone looking was when we went for a drink in the pub. There was a girl with her BF sitting at a nearby table. The first time she looked was when my 'new' friend went to order the drinks. The second time when he came back and the thrid when he went to the boys room and she didn't bother with a fourth look when he came back. The only way to describe her expression was that of wonder and she didn't even mention it to her BF! So I'd just go for it. If you think about how you react when you are rushing around town thinking about all the various aspects of your life, how many people can you honestly remember on any one trip out of your house, especially, details like the clothes that they wear. I am a keen observer of people as I just love 'em but, to be honest, unless I am ambling along without much purpose other than window shopping, I really don't memorably notice anyones attire, and why...? Cos I'm too busy, even then, looking in the shoe shop windows and dreaming of my next purchase. :wink::D

Let calm be widespread

All of my heels are sandals!! Here in California the climate is warmer and it is possible to wear sandals more often. I have 6 pairs of heels, thongs, and slides that I wear outside whenever possible. The heels are 2 to 3 inches so not many people notice them that much, and those that do usually have a postitve comment to make. I find it very relaxing to wear sandals and they look nice too!! Better than some of the ugly men's "fashion" sandals. I just wish more guys wore sandals with heels in public, would make things a lot easier for the rest of us!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wouldn't even consider wearing strappy sandals with all of that bare flesh showing. I leave that to people with small dainty feet. On me they would look too "sissy". I envy the man who can pull that look off. I do have a pair of open-toed slides that I wear with black stockings though.

Michael

Sandals I think only look good on a suitable foot (afterall that is what they are designed for). The more years that go by, the more I start to relaise that sandals are actually a fantastic way of 'showing off' your feet. Sandals can be the means with which to show off the exteme curves of the arch and top of the foot (when wearing particularly high heels especially - say 5-6 or even 7 inchers). I love 'em! Yum yum.

Mike hi,

You wouldn't have to have them too strappy if you didn't want, sandals come in all shapes and forms and if you wore, say, long jeans they would be quite conspicuous. How about something like these: http://www.argosadditions.co.uk/additions/product.asp?brand=additions&cat%5Fid=8125&zone%5Fid=∏%5Fid=177302&seq=4&page=&OrderBy=&sManufacturer=Raid&nShopByBrandCat=&offer%5Fid=177302Z&extra=&mscs_sid=S90SGD8KD17A8MR23GLRXQ8WMNN5BVS6

Let calm be widespread

How about something like these:

Hi Julie,

Those are very similar to my slides and I would consider wearing something like that with black stockings. Unfortunately they only go up to UK 8, which I think is approximately a US men's 8.

Like (I think) Micha said, "the most beautiful shoes are made only for women".

http://www.womenshoesplus.com has a quarter-strap sandal which uses the same bottom and upper band as my slides. I think I like the slides better in this case. The completely open back makes me feel dangerous. At the same time the wide bands cover up my obviously masculine feet.

Michael

LOL I wouldn't wear them but I though Michael would think them a little more masculine so that he might wear them. Probably not the best example but I'm at work so didn't have long to look. Will try for a better example. Sorry guys :wink:

Let calm be widespread

Julietta - Those are actually nice. I'd wear them if possible. I'm really not into sandals. If they're loose I'd probably fall all over the place.

I wish I was a size 10

Alex Hi, I'm sure you would be fine in them especially as they have wedges which adds to stability, plus, these particular examples seem to have quite a lot of support. Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

Probably not the best example

What "sorry"? I thought those were fine. They look mature and I could wear them with a large silk scarf which has cats on them. I go for a somewhat "butch" look because something blatantly feminine is just not "me".

Michael

Alex Hi,

I'm sure you would be fine in them especially as they have wedges which adds to stability, plus, these particular examples seem to have quite a lot of support.

Julie xx

If only they were in my size then :wink::D

I wish I was a size 10

Oh Alex that's really annoying for you :wink: Guys isn't there anywhere on line that he could buy these kind of shoes from in his size?

Let calm be widespread

Not really. In the months of searching I've only found 3-4 pairs of heels in my size. 2 of them are the same except for a strap, 1 is a pair of boots, and the last one is a pair of black wooden sandals.

I wish I was a size 10

Too bad you can't find the right size. Sandals are fun to wear! Have been wearing heeled sandals for about 4 years now, every summer I am more confident when wearing my sandals outside. Hardly anyone notices except to make a favorable comment. Thanks for the encouragement Julietta!!! I love the way heeled sandals look and feel. Plus, why should the girls have all the fun!!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
:wink: All my five pairs of high heeled shoes are....1 SANDALS !! very open and strappy...I agree with you that here, you can find only boot wearers and admirers...but sandals seem to be far from here...what kind of sandals do you have? how high the heels? Now is sandals season...summer is around here...