High priced heels!

Guy N. Heels

Well, I never thought I'd live to see this, but while I was watching "The Price Is Right" today, a female contestant was required to place 3 different groups of items in their ascending order of price. So one group was some kitchen appliances, one group consisted of some household items, and on group consisted of 3 pairs of high heeled fashion shoes. Now the shoes were actually 3 pairs if what appeared to be some high-fashion patent-leather pumps in various heel heights ranging from about 3" to what appeared to be about 5" heels. Nothing particularly exotic or erotic with any of them.

Well the pretty female contestant did in fact place the groups in the correct order, and so she won the round; but I was absolutely flabbergasted when they turned-over the card and revealed the price. I NEVER imagined I would ever see 3 pairs of high heel$ going for the collective price of (big drum roll) $1880 American! :) While they did not reveal the individual prices, that still would average out to over $620 a pair! Needless to say, I've never had a single pair of shoes on my feet, heeled or otherwise, that cost anywhere near $600. In fact, I personally don't even know anyone who has ever worn such expensive shoes. I think you Brits have got it right when you talk about shopping on High Street. At those prices they would indeed be way, yonder high! :):penitent::)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Wow, how times have changed. When I went to school 3 x $320 = $960. Either Guy N. Heels didn't account for inflation, or perhaps we've uncovered a secret that he's one of those economists working for the government. It's all so confusing. lol

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

A girl I work with just spent over 300.00 on 4 pair of slides at Dillards. But that was for 4 pair and they were on sale. So then wife and I went shopping, I spent 70.00 on my 5" Steve Madden Mj's and she added to the bill with a oair of knee highs for 99.00 and another pair of blk velvet shoe boots for 59.00. Totals a little over 228.00 for 3 pair. We haven't benn out for a while and just couldn't resist.:) I have never spent 300.00 on one pair though:penitent:

real men wear heels

Sometimes they deliberately put in something with a deceptively high price to catch the contestant out especially if they are running short of prizes. BTW I own boots that are valued more than my car.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Sometimes they deliberately put in something with a deceptively high price to catch the contestant out especially if they are running short of prizes.

BTW I own boots that are valued more than my car.

Now that's something I feel envy about :) May I ask what kind of boots we're talking about?

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

They can be pricey. My YSL Johnny boots start at £400, and go to £4000 for the real exotic leathers. Are they worth it? To me - yes, or I wouldn't have bought them. Means i can heel day in day out, whenever I want. I find 7cm heels just right as I get almost all that in elevation (foot mechanics mean the higher the heel, the less elevation is achieved), the cuban heel is wonderfully stable on most surfaces, beautifully made being soft and supple in the way no regular priced shoe is, and they are something no woman would wear - key point this - they are mens heels. I must admit I did have to think long and hard about the purchase, but it is something I have not regretted. Ask any woman about her Loubies and she will agree. However, they are not to many's wish to wear because thet are neither womens shoes nor stiletto heeled. I personally don't get it. If I want to wear stiletto heels, then I do a Dr Shoe. It looks just so much better and not out of the ordinary. Just wish I could do it as well as Tara :) Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Wow, how times have changed. When I went to school 3 x $320 = $960. Either Guy N. Heels didn't account for inflation, or perhaps we've uncovered a secret that he's one of those economists working for the government. It's all so confusing. lol

Well, I guess that the recent heatwave out on the left coast has fried Raincat's circuits, but I think I said that the average cost for the shoes would be more than $320, and so now Raincat seems to have some strange bone to pick about $960 not being more than $320 or some such nonsense. If Raincat needs some sort of further clarification, I'll be glad to mention that, at least as often as not, my postings on this forum are going out in the middle of the night and are likely to be flavored with some medical enhancements after I've managed to get back home from many hours worth of doctor's or hospital visits. But I'll also be glad to pray that Raincat never has to deal with bone cancer the way I have done for the last 6 years.:)

As for Raincat's keen observations about government economists, I'd like to point out that I'm not the one who wrecked the economy, and I'm not the one paying out many Billions of taxpayer's hard-earned dollars so that the crooks on Wall Street can feather their nests at Taxpayer's expense. But since this is a forum about high heels and not economics, I'll refrain from any further comments about such matters.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

...3 pairs of high heel$ going for the collective price of (big drum roll) $1880 American!...

Greetings Guy N. Heels :-)

Some women are actually spending that much money for shoes. Amazing isnt-it ?

Best example I could think of are the shoes from Manolo Blahnik....

BTW I own boots that are valued more than my car.

Greetings Dr.Shoe :-)

M-a is asking you "May I ask what kind of boots we're talking about?"

And my question is "May I ask what kind of car we're talking about?"

:)

Greetings Dr.Shoe :-)

M-a is asking you "May I ask what kind of boots we're talking about?"

And my question is "May I ask what kind of car we're talking about?"

:)

A pair of Patrick Cox boots bought in 1996 for £410 and a pair of Chloe High heel riding boots bought in Harrods of all places for £505 (in 2006). I paid £350 for my 1992 Volvo when I bought it from Mrs. Heelfan in 2007.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Admittedly, coming up with the funds for the higher priced heels can be a monumental task, but if you have already tried them on and know how they feel to wear, the cost is merely a formality. Of course if a less expensive heel feels the same way, you can think about how much you can save, or how many more heels you can buy for the same amount of the higher priced heels. Of course if you're somewhat vane, you'd probably want the bragging rights on either way you choose.

I wonder, for those that have fantasized about getting your first pair of 'expensive' shoes (vs those who already have your closet stocked with them), would you be more or less inclined to get another pair? I can understand an initial interest in them, to a degree wondering how good then can be. Do most people find out, "yeah, they are that good", or instead, "not worth spending that amount of money again."

My sincerest aplology to Gun N. Heels. It was all meant in fun, sorry if it didn't come off that way. My tri-focals must have failed me in my effort to read what was posted! (What's done in haste often leads later regrets.) Also, I was unaware of your health issues and certainly do wish for you all the best in a complete and speedy recovery.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

• 2 weeks later...
We've discussed this before in previuos posts. Many of the more expensive shoes will not only last longer but possibly fit and feel better. When men in high heels is a common public sight once again as it was, say back in the 70's, I would definitely invest in a more expensive pair of high heels mainly because I would be wearing them ALL of the time EVERYWHERE. But now if I saw a pair of Payless high heels or identicle Chritian Loubitan's, I would probably purchase the Payless shoes.