'Man tries on some heels in his kitchen' shocker!

euchrid

Just found this ( a few months old ) article in the Irish Independant:-

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/fashion-beauty/the-day-i-took-a-walk-on-the-wild-side--my-in-high-heels-1677806.html

The usual nonsense is spouted, thus advancing our cause by less than a hairs-breadth. *sigh*

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Slow news day for the indo I see. One of many badly written and researched articles in it. Now I remember why I dont buy it.

Who does?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Okay Mr. Power, tell us the truth. Deep down inside, you liked the way they felt on your feet, they were fun to wear and you regretted having to take them off. . . . . . and you're keeping them . . . . . . and you are wondering what it would be like to wear them outside the kitchen, or even outside the house! :)

Have a happy time!

Okay Mr. Power, tell us the truth.

Deep down inside, you liked the way they felt on your feet, they were fun to wear and you regretted having to take them off. . .

. . . and you're keeping them . . .

. . . and you are wondering what it would be like to wear them outside the kitchen, or even outside the house! :)

Why else would he dream up such an article? 'Cos he's wanted to wear heels for ages and this is his excuse. Fair enough, we've all made excuses to wear heels in our early days. I hope he finds the strength to admit to himself at least the attractive is too much to resist.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Bravo to the talented Mr. Powers, He has shown the world how difficult and possibly dangerous his first time wearing really tall heels can be to the unexperienced, if indeed it was his first time. The awkwardness in learning how to wear high heels is common knowledge already. Wearing high heels is an acquired skill. Some pick it up quickly, especially when the heels fit properly to their feet configurations, while others have to persevere through many practice sessions to become accustommed to the unfamiliar positionings of their feet and of the balance of the whole body. Anyway, he did put them on, which means men can put on heels just as well as women, even in this day and era. To use Mrs. Beckham, or any person wearing high heels, as dart boards for his attempts to insults or knock down those who prefer to wear them is a sad commentary on his character.

Who does?

It's the irish indo, Dr. Shoe, very popular amongst the conservative classes and country folk here. Exactly the type that would look down on any guy wearing heels or any lady wearing anything revealing or unusual for that matter.

First, Ed's blog is in the women's fashion, section, so it's off-target for any serious commentary about male heel-wearing fashion.

Second, Ed is clearly out of touch with male heel-wearing reality. He should attend a heel meet, in heels, and grab a clue. :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

First, Ed's blog is in the women's fashion, section, so it's off-target for any serious commentary about male heel-wearing fashion.

Second, Ed is clearly out of touch with male heel-wearing reality. He should attend a heel meet, in heels, and grab a clue. :)

What are the chances of that happening? I'll take Angelina Jolie to bed before that clown shows up at a meet.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...