Plats in Public

tallguyinheels

So I bought a pair of XXL "Alex" jeans from Buckle. XXL is extra long and a 36 waist they still are not quite as tight as the ladies jeans I often wear for stealth healing in my new 6" heels thigh boots... Even in the 6" boots the cuff hits the ground and sometimes even lands under the spike heel. Then when you step forward it pulls on your pants. So, a while back I bought a pair of patent oxford plats - just to try. 3" platform - 7-1/2 inch heel. Tried them on with the Alex jeans - which have a wide straight leg with about a 21" wide leg opening. Sure enough, the leg was wide enough to make it over the toe of the shoe a bit and just about covers the heel. That was enough to give me the "why not?" to go out a bit in them... Now I'm over 6'10" tall when in these plats, so I will get noticed... Couraged up... into the the convenience store to get a QT 32 ounce soda, several customers, "clomp, clomp" of the plats are definitely not stealthy or as sophisticated as my normal heeled footwear. I didn't really care that a few noticed.. I was a trip, though, being so noticeably taller. Of course, no comments, from anyone... I think I'll try this again...

Nice1 :) I think you should try that again. I want to try some thing like that myself in a few weeks :) . I did alittle last week when i was along way from home with work but my jeans didn't cover my mj's as i would have liked. There gonna go with me when i shop for longer/wider jeans next month :) How do you find walking in those?

Walking in the plats are not a problem, you have to watch for uneven surfaces with the 3 inch plat even the slight angle from a edge of carpeting can through you off a bit. I'm much more comfortable in the my traditional 5 inch stilleto with no plat. But you know if I had as many hours/strides/miles in these platforms as I do in conventional heels I;d probably feel relatively at ease. I want to try the plats again in a place like a shopping mall or grcery store or Sams club so I can get some decent walking time in.

Those are some really cool stories you guys inspire me so much. I'm glad to see that there are more platform wearers that are more willing to take a chance. Before I thought all was lost but its guys like you that make me want to continue on. Thanks again. By the way anyone has pictures??

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!