Pony Hoof Boot Experiences?

Waisted_Giraffe

dear all I have just been chatting to some new friends at my local munch; they had asked what my kinks were, I explained that some of which involve high & ballet heels, to which they commented on their jealousy that I have a pair of and can wear ballet heels! They mentioned that they were looking to buy a pair of pony hoof boots from Punitive Shoes. We descended into the discussion of the mechanics of the limited range of styles available........ which leads me to asking these questions; 1) Do you have pony hoof boots 2) If so, which maker; i'm thinking Punitive Shoes, Wildfire and Keysers (though I understand it is almost impossible to get hold of these) any others? 3) are they any good? comfort, fit etc 4) my perception of the Punitive Shoes pony boots is that your foot is not held in place particularly well because the ball of the foot has been tipped up thus ending up with bearing your weight through the end of your toes, without the ideal firm fitting that ballet heels provide; is this a fair comment? Your thoughts, comments & experiences are gratefully received. Richard

Hi Richard,

yes I have some pony boots, and they are extremely stable and easy to walk in.

2 - mine are from Punitive shoes and are Rancho ankle boots

3 - they are comfortable, reasonable quality, only the delivery was slow

4 - you rely on being laced into the boots for support, so that there is actually no weight on your toes. The other good thing is that due to their shape, there is plenty of room in the toe box for your toes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9_TpVqvYjg

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

I am also looking very soon to order the same pony ankle boots you have but I have a question for you from your own experience. Did you order a size up or your normal shoe size? I am a UK11 in most guy shoes and also an 11 in most makes of heels, however in a lot of heels I am a 12, mainly pleaser and anything over 4 inches. I have a pair of devious ballets in a uk 12 but find I cant lace them tight enough to not be able to slip off. Thanks Clip-Clopingly Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

It seems that Reactor / Keyser have stopped producing knee high pony boots due current financial clmate according to their web site. A shame as they are the Rolls Royce of pony boots. Glad my hubby and self got ours in 2007 and 2008 respectively.

Not pony boots, but I imagine the experience is similar. I bought a pair of Devious Femme 2020 boots in black leather a month or so ago. Like the Devious ballet boots, the heels were too high -- there was no way I could wear them without hanging on to furniture and walls and lurching along in a totally ungraceful manner. I decided it would be easier to lower the heels than to thicken the forefoot platform, so did a few trials raising the platform by standing on pieces of wood, then took my hacksaw and carefully sawed 1/2 inch off the heels. Of course, this made them even more heelless like pony boots, but I can walk around quite comfortably. I think I took of just the right amount, still having ridiculously high heels, but also ones I can stand and walk on. They measure 8 1/4 inches at top of the heel, and the platforms are 1 1/2 inches giving the equivalent of a 6 3/4 inch heel. Of course their being boots that can be laced up tightly, and having one-piece rigid soles and heels, makes them much more stable and walkable than a shoe with the same heel.

post-44-133522890998_thumb.jpg

Not pony boots, but I imagine the experience is similar.

I bought a pair of Devious Femme 2020 boots in black leather a month or so ago. Like the Devious ballet boots, the heels were too high -- there was no way I could wear them without hanging on to furniture and walls and lurching along in a totally ungraceful manner.

I decided it would be easier to lower the heels than to thicken the forefoot platform, so did a few trials raising the platform by standing on pieces of wood, then took my hacksaw and carefully sawed 1/2 inch off the heels.

Of course, this made them even more heelless like pony boots, but I can walk around quite comfortably. I think I took of just the right amount, still having ridiculously high heels, but also ones I can stand and walk on.

They measure 8 1/4 inches at top of the heel, and the platforms are 1 1/2 inches giving the equivalent of a 6 3/4 inch heel.

Of course their being boots that can be laced up tightly, and having one-piece rigid soles and heels, makes them much more stable and walkable than a shoe with the same heel.

While re-reading my above post, it occured to me one could saw the heel off completely and have heelless boots as have been featured on some other conversations here.

Andi

No, as I stated in my first message, there is also Wildfire, which i can only find for sale through Pony Ranch; http://ponyplayranch.com/ecom/ppr_store/products.php?category_id=1

ranging from $580 for the ankle boots (in the sale!:)) to $1245!:) for the oh, so beautiful crotch highs.

I so much want a pair of the crotch highs but at that price i'm just not able to justify the expense!

Richard

Is it only Punitive now that still sell them? I have tried a search and cant find any others..

Andi

• 2 weeks later...