What is currently in your cd player?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Love - Forever Changes (DVD of Royal Festival Hall show)

Kongar-ol Ondar - Back Tuva Future (fusion of Tuvan singing and American country music)

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Kingdom Come (Arthur Brown) - Galactic Zoo Dossier

Kingdom Come - Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come - Journey

Pharoah Sanders - Karma

Stalingrad (DVD) Anyone who still thinks war is a fun and glorious thing should see this. Soviets lob shells into a German position and a soldier is cut in half by a direct hit. He stares in disbelief at the lower half of his body lying a few feet away.

Enemy at the Gates (DVD) Story of famed Russian sniper Vasili Zaitsev. Many themes common to war films, traumatic amputations and head shots.

Science Fiction Theatre (DVD) - A set of DVDs from the 50s science fiction TV series. My guess is it's a bootleg.

Michael

• 5 weeks later...

clubland4 wot an album 3 cd`s of uplifting music, stress?, wot stress?, the perfect way to unwind. nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SQ's 2004 Dance Mix Supreme

(yes....I love mixing my own CD's) :-)

Azraelle's Driving Mix Supreme--Pocket CD, courtesy of itunes' CD-burning feature.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Derek Trucks Band "out of the madness"

Roland Kirk : the inflated tear2

I think i'm the omly one listening to this kind of stuff, am I wong ?

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa, No your not the only one, I've got the first Derek Trucks band cd, Joyful Noise.

I also like the Allman Brothes band, which as I'm sure you know features Derek Trucks these days and while on the subject of the Allman Brothers, I also like Gov't Mule, who I believe have just released a new album which will be an essential purchase.

Cheers, Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

To Paul (North-East) you reassure me, I thought I was the odd one out (I'm quite used to this position, so no problem). Govt Mule: Dose is a regular on my CD player. I find it's their best so far. ... and the Allman Bros. have been favorites for the last 30 years if not more (since the release of the Live at Filmore). Other all time favorites: all the Canned Heat albums. Keep on rockin' Vanessa

• 1 year later...

Charles Ives' second symphony. I could write an essay on it - in fact I have - in an exam. It's a truly stunning work especially the transformations he makes in Hymn tunes - bringing in the sheaves, in a minor mode until he gets to the word rejoicing where the music gets into the major and the motif for rejoicing is repeated and repeated - brilliant ~Then the second movement, the transformation of Beulah Land is quite stunning. and there's nothing like the last movement for fun - Beulah land - bringing in the sheaves, And can it be, and Columbia belle of the ocean run through the whole work - and it ends up with road runner. Ok no illustrations I'm afraid.