What is currently in your cd player?

DVDs this time... 1. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? 2. About Schmidt 3. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (scene where Bette Davis kicks Joan Crawford nearly to death with her high heels)

Michael

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only CD players are in the cars, really, and mostly they're mixed CDs. Chris likes to make CDs, obviously, and he listens to everything. Actual CDs I have in my car... No Doubt (Tragic Kingdom and Rock steady) Nine Inch Nails (Pretty much everything outside of remixed stuff, on all sorts of CDs, mixed and original) and my 80s mix, which one can never do without. How does one get through a road trip without any Depeche Mode or Pet Shop Boys?

Evanescence, Linkin Park, and Michelle Branch.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 4 weeks later...

The Jazzmasters 4 Track 8, Emerald Stardust, has just blown me away! Absolutley fantastic. Whew!!!

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

• 1 month later...

This thread has been dormant for a while ? Don't keep the same CD spinning, ... We'll I still listen to my old Vinyl a lot, even buy some if I come accross anything of interest. Latest CD spinning on my player: JAZZ - Rodney Jones : Soul Manifesto A great soul-jazz album to dance to, not for jazz purists though. But if you enjoy Maceo Parker, the old Hammond B-3 albums on Prestige (charles Earland, Jack Mc Duff ...) and a god dose of funk in your jazz, give it a try. - And a lot of Sun Ra ... can't get enough of his weird music. ROCK : I'm in a "back-to- the- sixties trip "(an era I never left actually): - all the Creedence Clearwater albums (the original vinyls are so worn out, had to buy them back on CD) - Blood, Sweat and Tears (second album) : I hadn't listen to it for ages and I rediscover how great it was. Not a dull track, splendid musicianship. They don't make them like that anymore. Am I the only one on this board to dig this stuff ? In the Seventies I dug the Glam Boots and look but never went for the sounds. Vanessa

... and anything by Julie London, when I feel more "feminine", it seems the perfect soundtrack when dressing up. For those of you who are occasionnal cross-dressers, do you also have male music moods (usually more rock oriented in my case) and female music mood (when en femme, 40's-50's torch singers being my favorites), or am I on the verge of schizophrenia ? Vanessa

• 2 weeks later...

www.goddessworkout.com bellydance music CD by Dolphina. Borrowed it from my ex!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

CD player? Skip that... I am getting back into Radio@Netscape, a free service with over a hundred channels of commercial free music. Pick a genre (and they can be quite specific) and just go! Today, for writing, it's the Trance Music channel. Perfect background for science fiction-esque stories about an underage prostitute who ends up... well, okay, I can't give away too much

Greatest Hits - Journey

Greatest Hits - Boston

Greatest Hits - Ace of Base

The Essential Heart - Heart

The Hits - REO Speedwagon

Cracked Rear View - Hootie & The Blowfish

Diesel and Dust - Midnight Oil

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Bridge of Sighs - Robin Trower

In the Wake of Poseidon - King Crimson

Closer to Home - Grand Funk Railroad

Destination Motherland - Roy Ayers

Romantic Journey - Norman Connors

The Chapman Report - soundtrack by Len Rosenman, vinyl only

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Diana Krall - "LIVE in PARIS" Rod Stewart - "American Standard" Colin James - "Colin James & The Little Big Band" Brian Setzer Orchestra - "Brian Setzer Orchestra" Diana Krall - "Look Of Love"

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 4 weeks later...

Jimi Hendrix - Jimi Plays Berkeley

The digital transfer of this 1970 show is excellent, as is the case with other authorized Hendrix DVDs I have seen. As a bonus the DVD also contains an audio-only presentation of the complete second set.

Michael

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it could any one of the 1,2,3...... ....22,23,24..... .....59,60,61,62 albums i currently have in mp3 form on my harddrive tho the current favs are dido - life for rent and linkin park - meteora nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

• 2 weeks later...

This is xaphod's standard audio feed .....

http://www.arrow.nl/index.html

Poke 'luister online' after 2000 GMT to get wall-to-wall good sounds.

During the day, there are quite a few adverts, but not in the evening.

Xaphod, being old-fashioned, gets this stuff the hard way from the aether, with large antennas and sensitive receivers.

Xa

Perhaps Love - Placido Domingo & John Denver

The Beatles 1962-1966 - The Beatles

Sugar & Spice collection - Cryan' Shames

Colonization - New Colony Six

The Best of Lesley Gore - Lesley Gore

The Definitive Collection - ABBA

Classical Music for People Who Hate Classical Music - various

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.