What is currently in your cd player?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since my computer had a CD-rw drive and a DVD player in the CD-rw drive is "Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son - Iron Maiden and in the the DVD drive is Iron Maiden "Rock In Rio" DVD disc 1 (RiR is a 2 disc DVD set), Later, TXT-1

In the living room: nothing (weird!) In my PCs: nothing (I hate the delay because of unnecessary spinning) In the Volvo: Vaya Con Dios - The best of In the Scorpio (changer, but CD that I recall): ABBA - Gold

What's all the fuss about?

1. Greenslade Bedside Manners are Extra

2. Enchant Blueprint of the World

3. King Crimson In the Court of the Crimson King

4. Jimi Hendrix Live at the Fillmore East

5. Moody Blues In Search of the Lost Chord

No bootlegs today!

Michael

Hi Everybody In the kitchen there is Aerosmith- Nine lives. In the computer Iron Maiden- The best of the beast In the livingroom nothing(cause I have not conected the stereo.It would be vinylrecords then) I have 600 vinyl LP and 200 Ep. :wink:

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

In the car: #1: T.a.t.u. #2: A personal fave selection from Harry Chapin's Story Of A Life #3 & #4: "Unbelieveable" - a selection from the best of 90's Manchester music #5 & #6: Some compilation thing And the kitchen ghetto blaster features "Forever Delayed - best of the Manic Street Preachers" What a mix, eh?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Red Hot Chili Peppers: By the Way The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head Kings of Convenience: Quiet is the New Loud Royksop: Melody AM All mellow stuff; no heavy rock I'm afraid. If I could only own one record, right now Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots might be it. People, I urge you to go and buy this record if you haven't already got it. Your inner calm is demanding it. You won't know how you lived without it. Your world is empty without it. You need it to complete you. It's what's been missing. Well, I like it.

I have a 6-disc changer in my car and it has these in it! 1 & 2: Level 42 - Ultimate Collection 3 & 4: A-ha - How Can I Sleep With Your Voice In My Head - A-ha Live 5: Whitesnake - Best Of 6: A-ha - Hunting High And Low In my stereo in my living room I have: Bruce Hornsby & The Range - The Way It Is

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

A custom collection of hard driving rhythm rock and roll hits spanning 40 years, intermixed with selections of Vivaldi (mostly wind instrument concertos) because the energy is similar, that I use to keep awake on long drives. I'm especially fond of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

If I could only own one record, right now Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots might be it. People, I urge you to go and buy this record if you haven't already got it. Your inner calm is demanding it. You won't know how you lived without it. Your world is empty without it. You need it to complete you. It's what's been missing.

You make it sound like it's as good as the first Sigur Ros album!

Currently playing {Vuemorph: In Expectancy of the Monumental Awe, REM: Life's Rich Pageant}

For the one near the TV, it doesn't matter because it says there is no disc no matter what I put in. And it isn't very old. For the one in the computer, it varies: Texas Country, 1940s Swing, Mamma Mia, Boogaloo, Beach Boys, Didgeridoo, some private label stuff, too much to list. Lots of dance music. I just did a theatrical dance routine to the Watusi Boogaloo and haven't found the original version on a CD I can buy. The one I got is redone and I don't like it as well.

1. Breathe All That Jazz

2. ABC The Collection

3. Human League The Very Best of the Human League

4. A Flock of Seagulls Telecommunications

5. Modern English After the Snow

6. Spandau Ballet The Singles Collection

I think I hated this stuff when it first came out (early to mid 80s), thinking it was mainly inoffensive pop. Listening to these old songs now, they bring back memories of both sad and happy times.

Michael

Best of the Doobies - The Doobie Brothers Greatest Hits - Mike Curb Congregation Greatest Hits - The Eagles Greatest Hits - The Byrds Greatest Hits - The Hollies Forever Gold - ABBA Big Iron Horses - Restless Heart diVinyls - diVinyls How's that for variety ?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Best of the Doobies - The Doobie Brothers

Greatest Hits - Mike Curb Congregation

Greatest Hits - The Eagles

Greatest Hits - The Byrds

Greatest Hits - The Hollies

Forever Gold - ABBA

Big Iron Horses - Restless Heart

diVinyls - diVinyls

How's that for variety ?

Do I remember seeing a girl in thigh boots in the "I Touch Myself" video?

Michael

Well, I generally listen to MP3s, not CDs, cos they're easier to organise. I currently have in my playlist (albums): Five Iron Frenzy - Upbeats And Beatdowns Kevin Max - Stereotype Be Matt Redman - Where angels fear to tread Pray for rain (Pfr) - Disappear Phatfish - Heavenbound Phatfish - Hope Phatfish - Purple Through The Fishtank Sonicflood - Cry Holy Soul Survivor 2002 - Glimpses of Glory Survivor Songs - One Tim Hughes - Here I am to worship Tree63 - 63 Vineyard - Hungry/Holy/Breathe/I love your presence (a selection from those 4 albums) As you may or may not be able to tell, it's all Christian. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Do I remember seeing a girl in thigh boots in the "I Touch Myself" video?

boots, heels, pantyhose, fishnet stockings, provocative and suggestive moves....... the "I Touch Myself" video had all of that and more.

I bought that CD strictly for that song "I Touch Myself". And although I don't have a copy of that specific video, I did record diVinyls when they made an appearance on the Arsenio Hall television show. Christina Amphlett, the lead singer, not only wore boots with heels, but fishnets over pantyhose. HOT :wink:

Check out

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/music/divinyls.htm

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Well, I generally listen to MP3s, not CDs, cos they're easier to organise. I currently have in my playlist (albums):

[...]

As you may or may not be able to tell, it's all Christian.

SH

So what's Christian music? I'm genuinely curious, not taking the mick.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

if you want Christian music (which generally sings of worship and loving your fellow human being), my mate has about 10Gb of the stuff and more coming everyday. Strange, for a guy who also loves John Otway. "Walking on a beach in a force 10 gale, I saw 3 hippies saving a whale. I give 'em headbutts". Very un-Christian like! :wink: