How long do you wear heels each day?

Nina

Recently I had a MAJOR project at work that involved working with 3 different companies, one in France, one in Germany and one in Poland. I had to help orchestrate and co-ordinate the project between the different offices so I would often go to one office, work the day, then take the train to an office in another country, catching sleep on the train and/or at the hotel, then rushing into the office in another country. When I am not working, I wear heels at the office but change into Uggs at home for comfort. However, during a crazy 4 day, 3 night spell, I did not go home at all. It was rush from one country to another country via train as the delicate procedures did not allow me to do most things remotely. During this entire time, I changed business suits everyday but I wore the same pair of black, fur lined, knee high boots with 3 inch block heels for almost the entire 4 days and 3 nights! The only time they came off was when I was in the hotel showering. After that, it was get dressed and rush back to work or at least to meet up with people to talk business over dinner or a drink. My legs aren't used to wearing such high heels for an extended period of time like that but the fur lining in my leather dress boots helped offset some of the stress along with my thick nylons. By the third day, my ankles, calf and knee muscles were getting tired, especially with all the walking I had to do. I didn't have any other shoes to change into but I did have socks so I added a pair of socks over my pantyhose to give myself even more padding to survive those 4 days and 3 nights. When I got home yesterday, I was so extremely exhausted I fell asleep after taking off my business suit jacket. I am awake now and my pencil skirt along with blouse is in need of a good ironing. Amazingly, my black knee high, fur lined boots with 3 inch block heels are still on. I think I have gotten used to wearing such high heels now, as long as I have sufficient padding on inside to help.

I often wear heels all day at work on most days. Most of the time I take them off when I get home but not always. I think the average would be about 10 to 12 hours on a work day. I am currently making it a point to stay in heels longer during the evening. I see that there are some here that like to wear their heels 24/7. Though I find that to be an interesting idea I think every-waking-moment is sufficient for me. After all I doubt my spouse would enjoy getting kicked in bed.

These days I would say that I have heels on about 23 hours a day. Sometimes I do go to bed without heels although that is now not more than a couple days a month. If I sleep without them I start getting cramping in the bottoms of my feet and wake up and put them on anyway

Hi there,

How long do you typically wear heels each day - like when you put them on first thing in the morning, through your working day etc until you take them off again? It's just that I worry that I wear them too long sometimes. Not that I am experiencing any problems - it would just be nice to know what all you others do! I often wear four inch plus stilettos for at least ten hours every day.

Nina.

• 3 months later...

At least 12 hours, I get into a heel at about 6:30 AM and usually take it off at about 6:30 PM, and often into the evening. I wear only one shoe and use crutches, but I think that it is the same as if I wore two, but if standing while giving a presentation, I can't alternate from one foot to the other. Still, my lifelong love of heels has not been affected. E

Likewise - usually have heels on from around 0630 too, but sometimes go sixteen hours. They are usually my beloved New Look four and a half inch courts and Schuh Lois five inch ones. Both with nylons and bare feet.

Recently I had a MAJOR project at work that involved working with 3 different companies, one in France, one in Germany and one in Poland. I had to help orchestrate and co-ordinate the project between the different offices so I would often go to one office, work the day, then take the train to an office in another country, catching sleep on the train and/or at the hotel, then rushing into the office in another country.

When I am not working, I wear heels at the office but change into Uggs at home for comfort. However, during a crazy 4 day, 3 night spell, I did not go home at all. It was rush from one country to another country via train as the delicate procedures did not allow me to do most things remotely. During this entire time, I changed business suits everyday but I wore the same pair of black, fur lined, knee high boots with 3 inch block heels for almost the entire 4 days and 3 nights! The only time they came off was when I was in the hotel showering. After that, it was get dressed and rush back to work or at least to meet up with people to talk business over dinner or a drink.

My legs aren't used to wearing such high heels for an extended period of time like that but the fur lining in my leather dress boots helped offset some of the stress along with my thick nylons. By the third day, my ankles, calf and knee muscles were getting tired, especially with all the walking I had to do. I didn't have any other shoes to change into but I did have socks so I added a pair of socks over my pantyhose to give myself even more padding to survive those 4 days and 3 nights. When I got home yesterday, I was so extremely exhausted I fell asleep after taking off my business suit jacket. I am awake now and my pencil skirt along with blouse is in need of a good ironing. Amazingly, my black knee high, fur lined boots with 3 inch block heels are still on. I think I have gotten used to wearing such high heels now, as long as I have sufficient padding on inside to help.

I travel alot too, if i were you I will bring a couple pair of boots with me in the suitcast. So i don't have to wear the same boots everyday.

Boot me up, Boot me down

If you get a good pair, I can wear them as long as any other shoe. Ie 16hr day no issue, but the +5" or just a pair that are not comfy, well then 16hr walking/standing would be night mare. I'm not a fan of this get dress up for wedding and as soon dinner is over shoes are off, look. So I rarely wear new shoes to such events. I'd rather test drive first to see if they are up for the distance. i rarely buy new shoes for specific events anyway. Sussie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wear the highest heel I can manage all day every day. It depends on what I'm doing. Nothing lower than 4 inches unless it's completely unavoidable. I slip out of my highest heels last thing at the bed side and slip in to them before I stand up in the morning. I hate feeling my feet flat on the floor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...