pain after a few days

dwright2104

Question

i recently had a week in the house on my own an on holiday from work, I own a pair of 5" shoes which i wore pretty much all week, except when i had to go out, shops ect. my feet were never in any deal of pain, infcat the only pain was on my left foot where the material was rubbing on my foot, but no muscle pain ect. after 3 days of not wearing the heels i noticed i had a pain in both feet at the arch on the bottom of my feet, it was like a muscular pain. im not sure if this should happen with such a delay, and any info you may have would be great. Thanks

2 answers to this question

Okay, lessee see here; you've got a pair of 5" heels that you've decide to wear fairly consistantly for about a week. Of course, you didn't tell us about your previous experience before you decide to go for the 1 week marathon, so I'm assuming that you have had minimal experience with 5" heels, and most likely, none at all. So after a week strutting around on 5" heels you decide to "come down to earth", but after a few days you start experiencing some pains that you didn't have before. Is that about right? Well the first thing that needs to be said is that the human anatomy is NOT a piece of machinery, and so it is unreasonable to expect everyone to experience exactly the same things to any given set of circumstances. But in general, most people who delberately throw all caution to the wind and climb up on a pair of 5" heels from ground zero for an extended period of time, i.e. a day or more, can expect to experience different pains from the sudden and extended stress that they have applied to a number of seldom-used parts of their bodies. In most cases, back, shoulder, neck, and leg pain arrives in a matter of hours to announce the fact that some sort of abuse has taken place. However, it may be that one has done some "conditioning" of certain parts of their anatomy due to biking, jogging, or some other exercise that might forestall the onset of the kind of pain many of us heel-wearers have suffered. That doesn't mean that the stress was unnoticed. It merely means that the applied stress and resultant strain took a little longer to announce itself. Now I know that this topic has been covered many times before now, so I'm not going to repeat it all again. But very clearly, one thing that bears saying again is the fact that 5" heels are not to be worn without prior conditioning and without first mastering 3" heels and then 3 1/2" heels, and then 4" heels as one seeks the higher altitude of those 5" ers. You might actually "getaway" without the preconditioning, but I have till yet to meet anyone who has done so. So keep on climbing up on those 5" ers without regard for your body - you will soon find new friends among the people in the local Emergency Room.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I agree with what Guy N Heels said. Doing a marathon with your 5 inch heels is like a long work out. If you ever worked out, notice that your body does not feel the intense pain after a day or two. It's the same concept. Once the pain heals, you repeat the process and eventually you will rarely feel as much pain working out. Same goes with wearing heels as your feet is struggling to adjust with the shift of weight and balance. I remembered when I first did a marathon with my stiletto boots, I had the same foot pain a few days later. Just give your feet some rest until the pain goes away and then repeat the process. Now I rarely get any pains whenever I wear them.