Girls - new season, new fashions?

Laurieheels

Hi! Now, for those in the northern part of the world, it's spring, and for those in the souther part, it's autumn. So, with this change of the seasons, what is going to be different about what you wear? Are you looking to buy new shoes? What will serve you well this season? And what would you wear with it?

So many of the shoes coming out are so dainty and feminine to match the lovely dresses I am finding in the stores. It is so nice to see the "grunge" look finally disappearing! My newest shoes for the season........a lovely set of stiletto sandals with a satin bow at the ankle. Babe in Heels

I've noticed fashions this year are returning to more feminine look, too. My wife and two daughters returned from their annual shopping spree with several dresses each and 9 pairs of new shoes between them. My oldest daughter brought a pair of navy blue sling backs with 4" stiletto heels...closed toe and vamp with straps around the open heel and ankle. She wore them to chuch on Sunday. The other styles of shoes were slides in pastel colors (pink, yellow, lime green, ect.) with little heels (1") and flowers, butterflys on the the instep. Wedge sandals also. Styles - femine, dainty and summertime.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an article on weddings in some magazine, recommending mules with a stiletto heel as an excellent style for matching to a wedding dress. The article lost me when it said change into some flip flops for dancing at the reception. But the heels was about four inches for the shoe in the picture. It seems thin heels might be acceptable again.

Hi Laury, I actually saw that happen on the wedding of a Belgian friend with an American girl last year. Both the bride and maids of honnor had matching white flip flops which they wore under their long bridal dresses as soon as the official part was finished and we proceeded for food and the party. It looked awful.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Yeah, damn if in Manhattan all the girls seem to wear rubber flip flops....Colors like purple and pink and orange and yellow seem to abound here.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Yukkkkkk!!!! Mind you, the leather ones can look quite sexy actually especially those where the strap is "Y" shap rather than "V".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Good find Yam Yam, cute models, haven't seen them in Belgium yet. Gotto try those if I can. Thanks for pointing out.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Always glad to help, Highluc. That site is worth checking regularly, as the lady there often updates it with interesting shoes.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Down in Times Square on 43d I just saw a beautiful 5'10" tall blonde woman wearing a black skirt with black, MARY JANE MULES! Wow....where can one go to get these?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.