Mary Janes

maleinheels

What's your favorite shoe style  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite shoe style

I love the little school girl look of Mary Jane's and white anklets, the heels have to be at 4 inches so that your leg gets to looking the right way. Add a plaid mini skirt and panties, a short see through blouse and your good to go. Any others feel this way?

Black patent leather Mary Janes were my first desire at the age of a toddler. Of course they were my sisters, but at that age I didn't care. I knew I wanted to wear them all the time. Until my sister grew out of them, we had a few, let say, choice minutes of physical and verbal debates. When the Mary Janes became mine to wear, only baths and bedtimes separated us. When the day came that my Mary Janes had become so deteriorated, they could not be worn any more, I expressed my desire for another pair. The requests were denied and I learned part of what it meant to be a male in this society. Now I have a number of Mary Janes along with a number of court shoes. I really enjoy wearing them with jeans/pants, shirts, and pant suit sets.

How nice to meet someone with the same desire and love of Mary Jane's. They make me feel sexy and special. Would you know where I can get some at a reasonable price?

Like many others here, I fell in love with mary janes as a very young child and it has never changed. I now own around 25 pair or more in differend heel styles and hights.

You might try ebay.

real men wear heels

My first purchase of "heels" was from a 1970 Mongomery Ward sale catalog. It had the perfect pair on clearance for $3.99 that I had seen in the main catalog the year earlier. They were called "Trio of Tiny Straps." They were a three strap black shiney Mary-Jane with just a 1 1/8th inch heel. The top two straps had a an elastic under the buckles while the lowest strap did not. There was/is something about the look of one, two, and three straps across the instep of the foot. The black shiny material began to crack after a couple of years as my feet also began to expand in my final growth. I had become facinated with the Mary-Jane style in kindergarten when I got up to skip around when the call for the item of clothing was "Black Patent Shoes." The game was to teach and learn the names of types of clothing. I had on black shoes but soon found out that "Black Patent" was for girls when the teacher had Sarah show me her single strap Mary-Jane shoes. I was facinated with the girls' style of shoes from that point. I had to wait 13 years before I got my chance to try a pair.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

maleinheels: When you check out the SexyShoes website as suggested above by BoyLegs, you may also want to take a look at their style #6074. Good luck in your search.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hi, I have to admit that i do like mary janes a lot, especially t-strap ones, but i have no big desire to wear them myself (this is also true with pumps and slingbacks). My favorite shoe styles that i'm wearing are actually clogs, oxfords, loafers, boots, and sandals, since i'm for a more masculine style of heeling. I like to see (and hear) ladies wearing mary janes with nice all-feminine outfit. Mrs. k6ps often wears them, and i seriously admire it. Happy Heeling k6ps

Hi,

I have to admit that i do like mary janes a lot, especially t-strap ones, but i have no big desire to wear them myself (this is also true with pumps and slingbacks). My favorite shoe styles that i'm wearing are actually clogs, oxfords, loafers, boots, and sandals, since i'm for a more masculine style of heeling. I like to see (and hear) ladies wearing mary janes with nice all-feminine outfit. Mrs. k6ps often wears them, and i seriously admire it.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

I share in your delight to see and hear ladies wearing the same choices of heels that I like to behold and I will forever stand for your right to choose the type of footwear you want to wear.

However, I am bothered with the idea that society has fixed in our minds the ideas of gender classifying and the implied ramifications should someone exhibit exceptions. Especially if a guy chooses to wear, for the sake of this thread, Mary Jane stilettos. A gal can wear combat boots and she isn't considered any less of a person, but a guy in stilettos risks demeaning labelling. He may even loose the livelihood or lifestyle he has achieved. All he is doing is choosing from the desires that are within who he is, just like the gal choosing combat boots.

However, I am bothered with the idea that society has fixed in our minds the ideas of gender classifying and the implied ramifications should someone exhibit exceptions. Especially if a guy chooses to wear, for the sake of this thread, Mary Jane stilettos. A gal can wear combat boots and she isn't considered any less of a person, but a guy in stilettos risks demeaning labelling. He may even loose the livelihood or lifestyle he has achieved. All he is doing is choosing from the desires that are within who he is, just like the gal choosing combat boots.

Hi,

I actually feel the same and it does bother me as well -- men's fashion freedom is somehow much more restricted than ladies'. That's why i become a freestyler -- decided that i'm not accepting that. Just mary janes and slingbacks are not my style (or maybe i just haven't yet seen ones that do fit my style) :)

Happy Heeling

k6ps

i checked off boots, mary janes and platforms :) i absolutly love platforms. my fav heels i have are my pleaser mary janes :smile: (dolly 50) they are easy to walk in and are probly 1 of the most comftable pairs of shoes ive ever had. ive always loved mary janes and the school girl image. love chunky heel mjs :) i remeber when i was at school i loved to see girls wearing them :) they are sexy shoes

wild for plats :silly:

What do you think of these? I really like the blue and gray MJs, the other ones although not MJs are still pretty cool I think.:)

Would love the blue and grey with a different heel. Others look like clown heels.

real men wear heels

Tallguyinheels:-) A metal tip would outlast the shoe if you do decide to go that route. I have had some when they were all the rage on the high heeled pumps a few decades ago when they came out of the box so equipted. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have to say i like mary janes more than any other shoes. I love my 7inch pleasers i admit they are pretty no wait very hard to walk in unless the surface is as smooth as glass but there worth it. I even wore them on wednesday night around stafford train station while i wait 45mins for my train. They felt great and i only had on small wobble in them. I wouldnt have been so brave if it wasnt 21:50 in a town where no1 knows me. They are them in my pic :)

Just ordered the 4.5 MJ without the platform and it has the rounded toe. The ones i have been looking and looking for in my size (US12). So I grabbed a pair of black ones and red ones. I have my black and white 4 inch strappy open toes. Now if I could just find a darling pair of MJ's in PINK. I did see an open toe version in pink of a MJ. It would be perfect for all my pink lingerie. But alas they don't have them in my size that I have found yet.

well very difficult for me to vote at this stage!! all depends on mood and how am feeling when I look in the cupboard!! depends on the occasio!! maybe one day will make up my mind and vote!!:)