heat and very high heels

jazzymj

Am I the only one that struggles to wear very high heels in summer heat? I feel somewhat frustrated as I had recently reached the point where I could wear my favorite 7inch peep toe boots around the 'hood for six hours at a time but when it's hotter than 85 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees celsius), the heat turns me into a sweaty mess in the heels. The struggle will be to maintain my practice and take advantage of cool nights till autumn. Anyone else share this struggle? -MJ

Am I the only one that struggles to wear very high heels in summer heat?

I feel somewhat frustrated as I had recently reached the point where I could wear my favorite 7inch peep toe boots around the 'hood for six hours at a time but when it's hotter than 85 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees celsius), the heat turns me into a sweaty mess in the heels. The struggle will be to maintain my practice and take advantage of cool nights till autumn.

Anyone else share this struggle?

-MJ

Here in the UK, we seldom get temps that high, but when it gets warm here (above 70 degrees) many girls do have difficulty with sweaty feet and often can be seen carrying shoes and going barefoot

• 4 weeks later...

I would love there to be more days over 70 here in NW England!

But isn't the answer to wear high-heeled open sandals, or maybe wedges, on hot days. Enclosing the toes in heat is soon uncomfortable.

Oh, it's not my feet that become a sweaty mess, it's the rest of me. It's not the heat at the feet; it's the rigors of maintaining the height and enduring the scrutiny. Fortunately it has cooled down a bit so I'm resuming my heeling :)