wez

Are you male or female?  

492 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male or female?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to see the gender make-up of this forum and if a passion for high heels has any relation to your sex, so...

Maybe this is not the right place to get a representative sample of society what high heels is concerned :wink:

br

B

What's all the fuss about?

Perhaps not, but it's a giggle, so what the heck. I remember my beloved Dad telling me that he'd been to a petrol station which had three toilets (restrooms), labelled 'Men', 'Ladies', and 'Others'. He claims that the 'Others' door led into the Gents, but seemed a little secretive as to how he knew that :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

You should have put a "prime minister" option in there too. How do you classify as "Other"? TV? CD? TG?

All of them? Just wanted to give people another option from the the bi-polar biological choice.

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

Hey Bert, history tells us in other civilisations more genders were accepted, like for example the Berdaches with the US indians, the Hirious in India and the Mauru (I think) with the Hawaians. Most of these traditional life forms were banned when the Christians started dominating other civilisations. There are more examples and anyone interested can mail me for more correct details after I get time to look this up.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Fair enough, but is it not so that if male is black and female is white, "other" is always a shade of grey? I can perfectly understand that there are elements of both sides, but I interpreted "other" here as green or yellow. It's a lousy analogy, I agree :wink:

What's all the fuss about?

There are no well defined lines in that spectrum, most of us are not on a well defined spot but cover a broad range on the spectrum according to mood or time of day. In turn, that range bracket can shift up and own according to age, confidence and social. Just ride the continuum as you feel and don't try to attempt to put yourself in any socially created single well defined box.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I like what Eddie Izzard said about himself--that he was a "male lesbian". Although I am QUITE straight, as a man, I have often felt that if I had been born a woman and been presented with the choice of men that I grew up with, not to mention those I had to work with at the Nevada (nuclear) Test Site, that I would have either chosen celibacy, or turned to other women. Just a thought :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 4 years later...

right, re this either biz, i dont fancy blokes, but i do feel i'm half and half - top half male, bottom half female - and so's my mental atitude. Always been the same, cos i feel ive got a blokes body top and womens legs and feet... Size 10 legs and size 6 feet... buy shirts but womens jeans and shoes.... some people call it democracy... anyone else the same ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well mermaids need the magic potion while wishing they could meet and be with a human. (The movie "Splash") to wear their heels. Centaurs wouldn't need the toe box on any of their hoofs, just four stilettoed heels.

• 4 weeks later...

Well mermaids need the magic potion while wishing they could meet and be with a human.

This mermaid has a magic potion for having danced all night in heels, it's called paracetamol.

This mermaid has a magic potion for having danced all night in heels, it's called paracetamol.

Humans have a similar magic potion for similar purposes. It's called "alcohol".

Have a happy time!

• 1 year later...

And for discomfort that over indulgence in alcohol poses, the modern equivalent of the magic potion is available,,,,,,Tylenol -- does wonderful things for sore feet....from wearing high heels. :cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

A quick transatlantic note: Paracetamol(UK) = Acetominophen (US) Common UK brand name: Panadol Common US brand name: Tylenol Alchohol and Paracetamol/Acetominophen are not a good mixture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At the beginning of this poll, every one seems to have assumed that gender is synonymous with a person's genitalia because of the social classifications of masculinity or femininity. These determinations became standards because most civilizations proportioned these roles from their beginnings. A man had to be the provider and defender of the household and women were expected to bear the children and then nuture them untill the time their children reached the age where they were expected to assume the adult responsibilities. This scenario has been repeated over and over from the periods of early civilization until the ingenuity and technology of civilization made it possible for women to enter the work force and become providers also. This somewhat equalized the roles of men and women as they began competing for the same job positions. Since then, men and women have found comfort in switching their roles so that the man is the homemaker and the woman brings home the bacon. The standards of gender became less applicable when women were doing things that were traditionally masculine roles and the same things happened for men as they took on the roles women were known for. I won't go into the quality or preparedness of the role exchange, but let it suffice to be said many couples and single parents did it out of necessity or choice at times. No longer can masculinity be the defining the makeup of all men, and likewise femininity doesn't apply only to women. The derogatory labelings and definitions, like: sissy, effeminacy, tomboy, and etc. have come about because these people exist and portray such inclinations in their character. So, if the intent of this poll to classify our gender into male and female, it is misleading at best for we all have degrees of femininity and masculinity in who we are.