Hello from Southend Essex

Hi im new to the group but have been looking in for a while, im the shy type who lives on the stories here of people walking out in public in Heels i would love that bravery as did it once in Oxford street in 3in chunky rubber heel boots during xmas period for about an hour so no clacking and long jeans to cover but still the biggest adrenalin rush probably ever. I also have done the standard fancy dress parties where last one i went as a nun and had heels on underneath and found a new pleasure as good as putting them on and that was taking them off after a whole nights partying it was fantastic the pain i had. Anyway about me divorced 40yold whos worn shoes from early paper round days in early teens but knew i had heel fetish from as early as 6 looking back.

Hi HFM, Welcome to the board. Good on you for wearing your boots on Oxford street. 3" chunky boots are perfect, and I bet you didn't feel the world was staring at you at all. Take this experience and build on it. Really, you can wear 3" chunky heels any time you want, no one will bother about them. Its the stiletto heels that will get you noticed. I wear 7cm cuban heels every day, don't worry if they are hidden or exposed. They were made for men (Archie Eyebrows or YSL) so why should I be concerned. Cheers, Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Welcome to hhplace, HeelsForMen :) We're happy to have you join us. I'm sure each and every one of us that wears our woman's shoes in public has gone through the same period of feeling anxious that you are experiencing. It takes more than a few "outings" before you catch on and realize that no one really cares. The tension felt from wearing your heels in public recedes with each subsequent appearance on the street, until, while you will always be carefully aware that you are wearing heels -- the comfort level far exceeds the anxiousness and you can really enjoy wearing the shoes of your choice when and where ever you want to. I'm sure our other members will back me up. And, if you are still hesitant, all you have to do is read some of the postings of Happy Feat and Thighbootguy, amongst others, to verify that this is so. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

nice shoes but i think my fear is probably not general public as the two times i did wear heels it was like you said as long as they werent blatant in your face no one cared but my fear comes from bumping into a friend or family since i lived and partied in london many a time

HFM, I am presuming you response above was about the shoes I posted. Actally you would be surprised about reactions you would receive when wearing them. They are mens shoes after all, and cutting edge fashion to boot (ha ha). I get asked about my Archie's & YSL's all the time. Fun. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Welcome to the forum from another 40 something heel wearing bloke in the South East Essex area. It's been a while since I posted, but as you are relatively local I had to say hello. Just for encouragement, I have worn heels in and around various pubs and clubs in the Southend area - O'Neills, Reflex, Hamlet Court, The Cricketers, and Mariners Court to name but a few (I can't remember them all). Also, while shopping, eating out, etc, and not just locally. Rarely any comments. I believe in full fashion freedom for men (similar to JeffB, of whose jaunts I regularly read) and so can been seen in knee high boots with 2 to 3 inch heels and mostly worn with a skirt. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Wow you really have got bottle, what an inspiration, must be great anyway ive just moved down this way from London and just getting to know these places you mention like reflex and its ok here, are you from near here or just come for nights out?

Wow you really have got bottle

I wouldn't call it bottle; more that following the breakup of my marriage, for which I pretty much capitulated my personality, I decided to live my life by my rules, not by social "rules" that have no intelligent foundation. So, for the past year I've been freestyling.

I said I rarely get any comments, but I'd be lying if I said it had all been plain sailing, though. You will be noticed if you venture out; it's just that most people don't comment.

ive just moved down this way from London and just getting to know these places you mention like reflex and its ok here, are you from near here or just come for nights out?

I've lived within a 25 mile radius of the area for most of my life. I don't go to those places as often as I used to, though. Guess I'm just getting older.

Good for you, you get one life and you decided to live it on your terms and for that i applaud for as much as id like to do the same it would mean loss of friends and family and so theres no choice but anyway i still get a buzz walking unseen at night occasionally as its relaxed whereas daytime i could never relax and so lose the buzz and to beat that would take a strong personality which i dont have but love this place for those that have living the dream

• 1 month later...

Hi there Heelsformen. There must be something in the water around the Southend area. I too have lived in the surrounding area for many years, i am 40 something and have been wearing heels since i was about 12 when my brother bought his first girlfriend round and i kept sneaking out to wear them. What a rush. I now live near Brentwood, and do wear my heels for a walk near home when the evenings are dark, so hopefully soon. I have to say that i often lay in bed wishing i had the bottle to go to lakeside or somewhere else busy, wearing heels but am scared of meeting someone i might know. I don't think my other half would understand if i suddenly went out for an evening, so i guess i will have to just wear them whenever i am alone at home or under my desk at the office. It might still be interesting to hear if you have managed to wear your heals around Southend yet, and if so where and for how long. cheers for now.